stand up and stop other people see tries being scored

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

mikefro

stand up and stop other people see tries being scored

Post by mikefro »

Somebody tell me what is wrong with me. What a fantastic afternoon of pure rugby was ruined by stupid rude ignorant individuals leaping to ther feet and girating about like over excited-children whenever Tigers came anywhere near Quins try line. This, relatively new habit, copied from football supporters, ruins the game for so many people. No matter where you sit in the stand(Goldsmith), because of its excellent design means that it is possible to see everything that happens on the pitch. That is of course until a try is being scored. Sit down, shout and scream and applaud as much as you like the players love it. But please sit down. If you really need to stand up why not just stand on the terrace. Somebody please tell me what is wrong with me.
SilebyTiger

Re: stand up and stop other people see tries being scored

Post by SilebyTiger »

I could understand your frustrations but there's nothing you can do to stop it apart from joining in. :smt026
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

Obviously different in your part of the ground - round us they didn't leap up until the try were scored! The I was as guilty as the next man (or woman).
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
Grannyman

Post by Grannyman »

Cheer up! Jumping up and down and hugging your mates after a try is fun, it's a release for how tense you've been prior to that moment. Someone in the Crumbie told me to sit down once, and a woman two rows behind me told him just how grumpy he was being!

Maybe you're right, maybe we should rename the ground The Welford Library! :smt019
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Grannyman wrote:Cheer up! Jumping up and down and hugging your mates after a try is fun,
I think the point of the OP was that it was BEFORE the tries were scored, therefore impeding view for some and removing an opportunity to see it and then dance about :smt023 :smt003
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Just politely have a word next time instead of silently fuming?

It can be quite hard to contain ones self when you have an exciting game. I've been there and done it. You don't think in the moment sometimes.
StaffordTiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by StaffordTiger »

Passionate fans enjoying themselves at Welford Road? Dear god we'll soon have to put a stop to this.
Eon B
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Eon B »

Next time you miss the action because of the premature eruption of the person in front of you lean forward and say
"Sorry mate, I didn't see that. What happened?"

This informs them of your loss, invites them to help you out and therefore helps build the atmosphere of watching something together.

You might make new friends.
mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by mike »

The chap in front of me started to stand up about 20 yards before Goneva got to the line - I firmly pushed him down again - and he apologised as well !
This sort of thing is just :censored: rude - by all means jump up afterwards and shout as much as you like - not everyone is young enough and agile enough to leap up quickly .
Nuttytiger

Post by Nuttytiger »

Oh no ... people got excited??...we can't have that...absolutely not...stop this anarchy at once! Why don't you watch it on TV next time?
Northeast Tiger

Post by Northeast Tiger »

mikefro wrote:Somebody tell me what is wrong with me. What a fantastic afternoon of pure rugby was ruined by stupid rude ignorant individuals leaping to ther feet and girating about like over excited-children whenever Tigers came anywhere near Quins try line. This, relatively new habit, copied from football supporters, ruins the game for so many people. No matter where you sit in the stand(Goldsmith), because of its excellent design means that it is possible to see everything that happens on the pitch. That is of course until a try is being scored. Sit down, shout and scream and applaud as much as you like the players love it. But please sit down. If you really need to stand up why not just stand on the terrace. Somebody please tell me what is wrong with me.
Tip your drink on to their seat. When they sit down and get a shock, explain sorry, you knocked it out of my hand when you jumped up in excitement. The message gets through on the third wetting. :smt044
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Eon B wrote:Next time you miss the action because of the premature eruption of the person in front of you lean forward and say
"Sorry mate, I didn't see that. What happened?"

This informs them of your loss, invites them to help you out and therefore helps build the atmosphere of watching something together.

You might make new friends.
Good point well made, saves confrontation for those who do not like it, but gently puts the point across. I used to stand all the time so I cannot say how I would have behaved.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

I found a firm grip of the collar just as they try to stand up effective!
Tigersunited

Post by Tigersunited »

What a fantastic atmosphere at the game, well under capacity too...
Is it a coincidence that some of the old school dont like the play offs and do not attend...........
vin rouge
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by vin rouge »

If you want a perfect uninterupted view, including replays- the TV is great.

If you want some atmosphere (created by people on edge, jumping around and shouting) try WR.

We need more atmosphere not less!

Having said that it depends on how excited these people are getting, if everytime we hit their 22 they are jumping up- that I agree is frustrating, maybe recommend the terrace to them- that way all can enjoy!