Tigers Ground

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

bigdaz2170

Tigers Ground

Post by bigdaz2170 »

Does anyone know when Tigers are going to carry on and finish building the rest of the stadium
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers Ground

Post by MrPartridge »

Great question... at the minute we have a half-empty, half-full scenario... CAT and Goldsmiths stand are first-rate... Terrace and the clubhouse end need blowing up with dynamite!

I don't think much will change in the next few years and assume the club can't afford more developments on the stadium.
bigdaz2170

Post by bigdaz2170 »

Myself and the wife sat in what i'll always know as the crumbie stand for the legends game and talk about cramp and uncomfoftable. got one hell of a numb bum lol
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Yes, really great question and so likely to get an answer here rather than from those at the club who are involved with the planning, the objections, the negotiations with a variety of stakeholders and other interested parties and the financial situation.

See BJ's answer op cit ad nauseam; aka why ask here if it is a serious question?

Edited as half of my answer disappeared.
Last edited by Old Hob on Thu May 09, 2013 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

The club will make the changes when the situation warrants it. The planning permission will last years and there is no point adding seats until our average attendance is closer to full capacity (it's currently 21kish in the AP). We might see the proposed car park and hotel built before any stadium redevelopment takes place.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

sam16111986 wrote:The club will make the changes when the situation warrants it. The planning permission will last years and there is no point adding seats until our average attendance is closer to full capacity (it's currently 21kish in the AP). We might see the proposed car park and hotel built before any stadium redevelopment takes place.
IMHO sam is absolutely right. The (modest) growth in ticket sales, cited elsewhere on this forum as "evidence" of the clubs success are no where near good enough to undepin further ground expansion.

It is possible that with regular high quality silverware more significant growth could occur. Until it does the Board are unlikely to pursue ground expansion - rather concentrating on other commercial ventures.
Still keeping the faith!
yellow_balaclava_hunter
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by yellow_balaclava_hunter »

MrPartridge wrote:Great question... at the minute we have a half-empty, half-full scenario... CAT and Goldsmiths stand are first-rate... Terrace and the clubhouse end need blowing up with dynamite!

I don't think much will change in the next few years and assume the club can't afford more developments on the stadium.
I completely disagree.

The Crumbie stand is the best in the ground, both the seating and the terrace are superior to the Caterpillar and the Alliance and Leicester.

I've watched matches in every stand in the ground and the best two are the Crumbie and the Clubhouse.

There is no need to increase the capacity at the moment and if they intend to do the Crumbie at some point then a carbon copy of the current stand but with new materials and an extra tier of benches would be perfect.
Excuse me. Where do I get a yellow balaclava from?
I asked Gavin Henson if they sold them at Matalan but he said they didn't because they messed his hair up.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

I shall be sad :smt010 to see the Crumbie go!

At my advanced years I may not live to see it!! :smt005
Still keeping the faith!
Tim _Tim_Tiger_Lily

Post by Tim _Tim_Tiger_Lily »

yellow_balaclava_hunter wrote:
MrPartridge wrote:Great question... at the minute we have a half-empty, half-full scenario... CAT and Goldsmiths stand are first-rate... Terrace and the clubhouse end need blowing up with dynamite!

I completely disagree.

The Crumbie stand is the best in the ground, both the seating and the terrace are superior to the Caterpillar and the Alliance and Leicester.

I've watched matches in every stand in the ground and the best two are the Crumbie and the Clubhouse.

There is no need to increase the capacity at the moment and if they intend to do the Crumbie at some point then a carbon copy of the current stand but with new materials and an extra tier of benches would be perfect.

I agree with Yellow balaclava chap..... Cat is so soulless. Numb bums are part of the experience. Get on with it! Nothing compares to being stood on the terrace or sat in the crumbie! Best parts of the ground!
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

No chance of any more in the near future-we cant fill what we've got...
And the repayments will be horrific.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

fortysix wrote:No chance of any more in the near future-we cant fill what we've got...
And the repayments will be horrific.

We need serious silverware to attact more punters!!!

:smt006 :smt006 :smt006
Still keeping the faith!
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Bill W (2) wrote:We need serious silverware to attact more punters!!!

:smt006 :smt006 :smt006
Glory hunters? No thanks.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Previous discussion on the subject is on this thread

http://forum.leicestertigers.com/viewto ... evelopment
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

To answer your question bd no one (outside of board) knows when the stadium will be completed! However health & safety/insurance considerations may bring it nearer!!
Have a good look at the Crumbie stand on Sat & you will see a aged wooden structure which should be replaced asap. All of us who use it pay the same as those in the Cat/A&L stands & we should all get the same standard of facilities. I'm sure a new Crumbie will still have the same atmosphere as the old one, but you might just get to a toilet without cueing & paddling in p---!!
JWM
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by JWM »

Legislation will continually require upgrades in quality of accommodation in old sports venues (or parts of). I suspect that the economic climate has put a lot of such requirements on hold.

As I recall the mock-ups, the 'new' WR is not aiming to be a 4x the CAT stand ground, improvements in facilities and accommodation is a key aspect. Nevertheless, the final capacity has been proposed as 30,000. This was (as I recall/understand it) with RWC2015 in mind. Now that that won't be happening at WR, is 30,000 (representing an additional 25% on the current capacity of 24,000) a realistic crowd target for more than a few Prem/Heinie games? Perhaps ... if spectator-wise the RWC2015 'legacy' is better than London 2012?

But I confidently predict Crumbie numb-bum for ages yet.
ST in new Clubhouse stand ... sadly, my back's no longer up to standing :-(