Brianf

Re: Matt O'Connor to Leinster?

Post by Brianf »

All confirmed now...Matt off to Leinster

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/22425025
Zdzislaw

Post by Zdzislaw »

Good luck Matt and thank you for everything you have done for Tigers. If you read this forum I hope that you will recognise that the vast majority of fair minded Tigers fans appreciate how much you have contributed to Tigers during your time here. Let's hope you can sign-off with a Premiership title.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Zdzislaw wrote:Good luck Matt and thank you for everything you have done for Tigers. If you read this forum I hope that you will recognise that ALL Tigers fans appreciate how much you have contributed to Tigers during your time here. Let's hope you can sign-off with a Premiership title.
Alteration to a churlish remark. :smt011
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Why churlish jg? seems quite accurate, not all have expressed support for the work Matt has done.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

I am not sure what instrumentation you have available on this forum, TB, and how you can separate "fair minded" fans from others or even decide a "vast majority" It might well be that all "not fair minded supporters" appreciated MOC's efforts thus outweighing the minority of "fair minded supporters" who did not.

Thanks for your efforts Matt! Good luck in Ireland.
Still keeping the faith!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

I don't understand a word of that Bill, I said not ALL on here have supported what Matt has done, I never mentioned fair minded anything. You seem to be on a different plain to me at this point.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

jgriffin wrote:
Zdzislaw wrote:Good luck Matt and thank you for everything you have done for Tigers. If you read this forum I hope that you will recognise that ALL Tigers fans appreciate how much you have contributed to Tigers during your time here. Let's hope you can sign-off with a Premiership title.

This was what you commented on TB. Short memory?
Still keeping the faith!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Bill W (2) wrote:
jgriffin wrote:

This was what you commented on TB. Short memory?

Exactly, where does it say the words fair minded?, it did in the original, but I carefully selected the one that didn't, you getting paranoid Bill?
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Zdzislaw wrote:Good luck Matt and thank you for everything you have done for Tigers. If you read this forum I hope that you will recognise that the vast majority of fair minded Tigers fans appreciate how much you have contributed to Tigers during your time here. Let's hope you can sign-off with a Premiership title.

your memory os very short TB

Look forward to next personal insult!
Still keeping the faith!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Bill W (2) wrote:
Zdzislaw wrote:Good luck Matt and thank you for everything you have done for Tigers. If you read this forum I hope that you will recognise that the vast majority of fair minded Tigers fans appreciate how much you have contributed to Tigers during your time here. Let's hope you can sign-off with a Premiership title.

your memory os very short TB

Look forward to next personal insult!
Bill, I did not refer to this particular thread on purpose,
you are losing the argument and twisting every thread and argument to your own agenda. Why not keep on the thread title instead , you are doing it to every thread.
RWA
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by RWA »

I for one am delighted if Aaron Mauger has indeed applied for the role of head coach/backs coach. He fits the bill in my eyes. Sad to see Matt O'Connor go, he clearly had his disagreements with Cockers on various subjects but I like the fact that it all came down to the greater good.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

BUT YOU DID!

you challenged jg who described a post as churlish!

On Topic, fans thank MOC dor his contricution - not merely those who TB reghards as fair minded, or even a majority of such fans but also those who he regards as not fair minded!!
Still keeping the faith!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

My point re 'churlish' was that when we are all congratulating MOC on a great opportunity, despite our questions and criticisms in the past, it is churlish to use those congratulations to once again suggest that there are the 'worthies' who criticise not, and the others who occasionally venture the odd criticism.
Even if I thought he was a bit of a k-:censored: (which I don't) I would still genuinely congratulate him and say thanks for the undoubted good he has done the club.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

RWA wrote:I for one am delighted if Aaron Mauger has indeed applied for the role of head coach/backs coach. He fits the bill in my eyes. Sad to see Matt O'Connor go, he clearly had his disagreements with Cockers on various subjects but I like the fact that it all came down to the greater good.
I too would welcome Mauger.

Leinster, of course, will be confined to the Rabo season after next. No HC.
Still keeping the faith!