Re: World Cup Venues confirmed

Post by Isambard »

Never mind folks the world may have ended before then. :smt022
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

Thw Welsh are going to be p****d. Playing both their big games at Twickenham :smt005

Sensible decision putting Scotland v South Africa in Newcastle - depending on ticket prices that might sell out, particularly as you can see New Zealand v Tonga the night before.
Skin_and_Muscle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Skin_and_Muscle »

Isambard wrote:Never mind folks the world may have ended before then. :smt022
Like it did last time?!
krwa
Tiger Cub

Post by krwa »

Perhaps if the big bods at tigers had put their hands in their pockets and got the ground re vamped perhaps we would have had world cup matches here
shedhead1

Post by shedhead1 »

jgriffin wrote:And the capacity at the ramshackle Kingsholm is???? And at Sandy Park??
The two totalled together are equivalent to WR which is a damn sight more world-renowned than Kingsholm! Hard luck on not being a host ground.
:smt013 :smt013 :smt013
Shedhead 1 here:
I will for one will be at the ramshackle aka Kingsholm for the WC and very happy too. Hard luck for not be a host venue.

Bob
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

The whole stadium selection process has been a disaster that makes a mockery of the grassroots nature of English rugby and I won't be supporting it in any way. Instead I'll take the money i would have spent on tickets and transport and go lay on a beach somewhere. For my own spiteful purposes I'll also try and find as many illegal ways to watch the games as possible.
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

CitizenSmiff wrote:The whole stadium selection process has been a disaster that makes a mockery of the grassroots nature of English rugby and I won't be supporting it in any way. Instead I'll take the money i would have spent on tickets and transport and go lay on a beach somewhere. For my own spiteful purposes I'll also try and find as many illegal ways to watch the games as possible.
You'll have to go some to find illegal ways to watch it given it's on ITV
RWA
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by RWA »

Kingsholm though....Kingsholm !!! :smt017
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

I shall not be attending any games.

The mentality of RFU that thinks the Crisp Bowl (ir wagrever it is called now) will be attractive ro Tigers supporters says it all!!
Still keeping the faith!
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

krwa wrote:Perhaps if the big bods at tigers had put their hands in their pockets and got the ground re vamped perhaps we would have had world cup matches here
And how would you have wanted them to pay for that? Bankrupt the club for the sake of the World Cup? Gutted like every Tigers fan we are not hosting a game, and I would imagine that players would prefer to play at Welford Road than a football stadium..but that's life and not the Tigers directors fault.
There is never any points for 2nd place...
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Bill W (2) wrote:I shall not be attending any games.

The mentality of RFU that thinks the Crisp Bowl (ir wagrever it is called now) will be attractive ro Tigers supporters says it all!!
This maybe news only to you but they haven't aimed it at Tigers supporters, they want as many fans as possible not the hardcore audience they will (likely) get anyway and frankly to say you won't attend just because its not at the "right" stadium is, in my opinion, childish in the extreme.

Tigers have had years to make the pitch larger and facilities better, they have chosen not to, probably in part due to the faux outrage tearing down the Crumbie stand would cause, as fans seem to want the progress but not at the expense of the Crumbie, well sorry but you cannot have both.

You have the biggest competition in your favourite sport on your door step, something I'm unlikely to see on Football, including 2 games likely to feature at least 1 Tigers player, if you choose not to take advantage of that due to some inverted snobbery then that's your loss.
jamiewilkinson

Post by jamiewilkinson »

Absolutely gutted that there will not be any games at WR, but thats not going to stop me going to any of the games, especially at the Crisp bowl.
It's a shame there arent more rugby stadias involved but thats the decision made.
Really looking forward to having the World Cup in our country and hope we can pull off the spectacle.
krwa wrote:Perhaps if the big bods at tigers had put their hands in their pockets and got the ground re vamped perhaps we would have had world cup matches here
We would also be in financial trouble,not a place we want to be.
Grannyman

Post by Grannyman »

If they use bigger stadiums then they can keep the ticket prices down, if they used WR and the Rec etc, you'd all be moaning at the ticket prices. Just be grateful that since 1991 we've had 3 world cups to go to without needing passports!

If using bigger football stadiums gets more people going to rugby games in the future, then maybe by the next WC over here (in ten years time at this rate) the rugby grounds will be bigger and then they can be used. Lets get to that point without borrowing millions and wacking up ticket prices to pay for it.
Grannyman

Post by Grannyman »

When I said three WC's I obviously Included this coming one.
smalldell
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by smalldell »

This is the biggest insult to the Leicester Tigers community that the RFU could have inflicted upon us. We, along with clubs like Gloucester and Northampton, have consistently drawn in big crowds and the communities are passionate about rugby.

It says everything about the attitude of the RFU to the club and its supporters....

How many Lions players have Gloucester and Exeter provided this yr?