Post by GT1 »

Jay C
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: TV Next Year.................BT???

Post by Jay C »

GT1 wrote:Looks like Sky moving in on Rabo
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... -deal.html
Not worth keeping the Sky sports subscription for though is it ?

It was either a desperate move by Sky to keep some rugby punters, or a really cheap deal, as they will not increase viewers by much with this offering, IMO.
(Especially when the other tv channels involved with the Rabo will continue to be involved ...)
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

I guess they (Sky) will still be showing matches from the Southern Hemisphere which probably costs very little but allows them to fill some of their schedule, as will the Rabo.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

I've had a letter from Sky telling me that my ESPN subscription will end on 31 July.
welshy08

Post by welshy08 »

Think it will be great for the Pro12 though. The whole sky sports hype machine (and murdochs papers) shilling pushing and selling the pro12 24/7/364.

It will be fantastic. Bring in lots of ad revenue and exposure all over Britain..and attract new fans. Win Win.

Sky have a real genius for marketing.
Of course when the bbc's contract expires and sky swoop in and outbid everyone..then no-one in Wales (like Welsh international football) will ever be able to watch it...but I guess that's just tough.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

longlivethecrumbie wrote:I've had a letter from Sky telling me that my ESPN subscription will end on 31 July.
We had one the other day as well.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Granby
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Granby »

Got the letter from Sky today and cancelled espn straight away - you have to give 30 day's notice and as the Prem final is the last rugby they will show (25 May) do not see any point in paying for it until July.

Ps - Sky clearly want you to cancel the espn subscription, the whole process is clear and concise, unlike anything else you may have ever tried to change in your Sky subscription.
doublecarpet

Post by doublecarpet »

If you log into your Sky account you can just cancel online. Easy, most unSkyesque.....
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

and in a month or so you'll be able to subscribe to BT Sport the same way, both sides are just playing hardball and both sides need each other so they'll get a deal done, Sky just like to stamp their feet when someone out bids them
stonebob
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by stonebob »

if english rugby is losing sky money for the guiness premiership and probably the heinekan cup ...you would think thats not good ..maybe theres devilish plotting and scheming going on in London that will surprise everyone
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

stonebob wrote:if english rugby is losing sky money for the guiness premiership and probably the heinekan cup ...you would think thats not good ..maybe theres devilish plotting and scheming going on in London that will surprise everyone
The BT deal delivers more money for English Rugby.
Still keeping the faith!
yellow_balaclava_hunter
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by yellow_balaclava_hunter »

Jimmy Skitz wrote:and in a month or so you'll be able to subscribe to BT Sport the same way, both sides are just playing hardball and both sides need each other so they'll get a deal done, Sky just like to stamp their feet when someone out bids them
Or allegedly employ a team of hackers to crack their rivals subscription code system and publish it onlime resulting in said rival going out of business and the lost TV revenue causing a number of Football clubs to go into administration.
Excuse me. Where do I get a yellow balaclava from?
I asked Gavin Henson if they sold them at Matalan but he said they didn't because they messed his hair up.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

yellow_balaclava_hunter wrote:
Jimmy Skitz wrote:and in a month or so you'll be able to subscribe to BT Sport the same way, both sides are just playing hardball and both sides need each other so they'll get a deal done, Sky just like to stamp their feet when someone out bids them
Or allegedly employ a team of hackers to crack their rivals subscription code system and publish it onlime resulting in said rival going out of business and the lost TV revenue causing a number of Football clubs to go into administration.
hadn't heard that, so Mr Murdock was responsible for Leicester City's financial woes?? Always thought he was a wrong un, this confirms it...

In all seriousness though Sky weren't going to carry ESPN to start with but did, they are just haggling over £££
fitzy

Post by fitzy »

Bt sport now on sky ch 445/447
MarkyH

Post by MarkyH »

Some more info on subscribing on the BT website - looks like good news for BT Broadband customers:

http://www.bt.com/sport/3-ways-to-watch-bt-sport.html

One question - which I don't know if anyone has an answer to - will the games still be available to stream a few hours after the final whistle on the Aviva Prem website?