Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v London Irish

Post by Bill W (2) »

RWA wrote:
Bill W (2) wrote:Despite the rumours of disquiet in the club.

Tigers need a try bonus point victory which I am confident our club captain can inspire us to.

KEEP THE FAITH!
Yep, come on then Bill...you threw that in, so where are the rumours of disquiet in the club coming from ? And more importantly, what are they all about ? or are you lighting the firework and running off ?
Sorry! I thought all were aware that Matt O'Connor had failed to renew his contract following a breakdown in negotiations and was going to Leinster, the negotiation breakdown occuring since he was not prepared to have Geordan as skills coach despite the players thinking that this would be a good idea.

No??
Still keeping the faith!
Eon B
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Eon B »

Meanwhile back at match...

Somehow I always enjoy the last home match of the main season, and I always enjoy the Irish match. Unlike some, they come here to play a bit, and always try to enjoy their Rugby. They usually play with freedom and ambition which work well on a dry day in early summer.

I'll be taking in the air and sight of Welford Road because it might be the last time I see it until summer's end, imagining I'm storing enough special to last the long hard summer.

Whatever has happened this season is history now and it will be time to live in the eighty minute window of glory in green, white and red.

See you Saturday.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Eon B wrote:Meanwhile back at match...

Somehow I always enjoy the last home match of the main season, and I always enjoy the Irish match. Unlike some, they come here to play a bit, and always try to enjoy their Rugby. They usually play with freedom and ambition which work well on a dry day in early summer.

I'll be taking in the air and sight of Welford Road because it might be the last time I see it until summer's end, imagining I'm storing enough special to last the long hard summer.

Whatever has happened this season is history now and it will be time to live in the eighty minute window of glory in green, white and red.

See you Saturday.

KEEP THE FAITH!
Still keeping the faith!
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Whistleblower and flag wavers for Saturday:

Leicester Tigers vs London Irish
Referee: Luke Pearce
Assistant referees: Kevin Stewart, Andrew Watson
Timekeeper: Brian Abrahams
Assessor: Gary Welsh

http://www.rugby365.com/article/53567
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
RWA
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by RWA »

Bill W (2) wrote:
RWA wrote:
Bill W (2) wrote:Despite the rumours of disquiet in the club.

Tigers need a try bonus point victory which I am confident our club captain can inspire us to.

KEEP THE FAITH!
Yep, come on then Bill...you threw that in, so where are the rumours of disquiet in the club coming from ? And more importantly, what are they all about ? or are you lighting the firework and running off ?
Sorry! I thought all were aware that Matt O'Connor had failed to renew his contract following a breakdown in negotiations and was going to Leinster, the negotiation breakdown occuring since he was not prepared to have Geordan as skills coach despite the players thinking that this would be a good idea.

No??
Ah yes, the rumours ! Or perhaps another way of looking at it would be that Schmidt leaves Leinster, O'Connor looks at the role. Why wouldn't you consider going to a club of that stature !!? But of course, there has to be something sinister in the background !

Back to the game, Tigers to win :smt038
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

Bill W (2) wrote:Sorry! I thought all were aware that Matt O'Connor had failed to renew his contract following a breakdown in negotiations and was going to Leinster, the negotiation breakdown occuring since he was not prepared to have Geordan as skills coach despite the players thinking that this would be a good idea.

No??
Whilst every agrees up to the first comma, I can't say that the rest is common knowledge or even confirmed, pure seculation - MOC might just want career progression, it doesn't have to be a dummy spit and related to Geordan maybe or maybe not becoming skills coach.

But then again why leave it open to interpretation when we can always find a negative spin somehow.....
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

No doubt we will have to wait some time to find the truth......Mrs G on hearing the MOC news pointed out she had suggested that player power was rearing its head after the GM intervention post-Exeter last season. We discussed how sometimes Flood seemed to want to alter the plan, often quite vigorously!
I for one would like to know, but will probably not get a full account or an impartial one ever.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
RWA
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by RWA »

It was only a matter of time before the "Murphy saves Tigers season after rousing speech at Exeter" line came out. Why does there have to be something behind every decision or event that takes place ? From what I've heard from many experts in the game, Matt O'Connor is a very good coach, who is well respected. Clearly to be considered/approached to take on arguably the premier job in European rugby, he is well thought of. The Tigers players clearly like him. He has been instrumental in turning Tigers from a forward-based power team, into a forward-based power team WITH some great back play. One could look at G Murphy and view him as a potential trouble-maker, if you believe the Exeter thing and now this.

Back to the Irish game...Tigers to win with 5 points.