New Kit design - unveiled today

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

barwelltiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Re: New Kit design - unveiled today

Post by barwelltiger »

Could always try the Website after today?
Zdzislaw

Post by Zdzislaw »

I wish they'd wear white shorts again. It was great to see a `proper' Tigers kit today.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

A bargain.... NOT !!!!!!!!
[quote="kingol22"][quote="Grannyman"]The test shirt is available for pre-order on the Canterbury site for:

[size=200]
£90.99[/size] :smt013 :smt013 :smt013[/quote]

Hasn't the test shirt being around that price for a good few years now? According to the club shop a classic shirt, presumably cotton, will be £50 and a pro shirt will be £55 so pretty much the same as recent years.[/quote]
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

WirralExile wrote:I think the clue may be in the words "Revealed 04.05.13" written large across all of the new items of 13/14 kit.
Aha - I apologise! TBH the clue was lost on me. If when I had logged on the prices hadn't been in US dollars and the past participle "revealed" hadn't been used, then I might have realised that 04.05.13 meant the revelation was still to come on good old British "4th of May" not already revealed on modern new fangled american "5th of April".

My only excuse is that I started supporting Tigers when shillings were valid currency, celsius was unheard of and billions had 12 zeroes. I over-compensated in favour (favor?) of new the new world order... :smt053
Jon
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Jon »

I've just spoken to customer services about the new kit. For people who are taking a chance and pre-ordering they aren't able to put numbers/names on because they don't have stock yet. If you do pre-order and want to personalise it, you'll need a trip to the store afterwards.

Alternatively, wait and see if you like it first :)
fitzy

New shirt !!!!

Post by fitzy »

New home shirt pics 2013/14
http://www.jdsports.co.uk/product/cante ... er/013437/
If link dont work , copy and paste this !!!!
physiodan
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: New shirt !!!!

Post by physiodan »

I shall not be purchasing. Click on the shirt that says pre order and it will show all there is to be shown which is a completely green shirt with the white red and ?black? band across it. I hope the club were not trying to keep this under wraps until the 4th because it is for all to see with this link.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

I kind of 'get' the black stripe, links with the current euro kit and heritage colour (maybe?), but it has, IMO, no place on the home kit. Red & Black......far too special for my liking.

I'll wait to see the 'away' (change) kit to see how it goes but I'll be keeping my pennies in the bank rather than buy that.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Skin_and_Muscle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Skin_and_Muscle »

physiodan wrote:I shall not be purchasing. Click on the shirt that says pre order and it will show all there is to be shown which is a completely green shirt with the white red and ?black? band across it. I hope the club were not trying to keep this under wraps until the 4th because it is for all to see with this link.
I must say, I quite like it - 'one man's trash' and all. Hopefully the white and green will trade places for the away kit.
physiodan
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by physiodan »

Skin_and_Muscle wrote:
physiodan wrote:I shall not be purchasing. Click on the shirt that says pre order and it will show all there is to be shown which is a completely green shirt with the white red and ?black? band across it. I hope the club were not trying to keep this under wraps until the 4th because it is for all to see with this link.
I must say, I quite like it - 'one man's trash' and all. Hopefully the white and green will trade places for the away kit.
As I like the current kit... it will probably grow on me by the christmas or my next birthday.
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

My worry is that this claims to be the replica kit - 100% polyester and no collar. I can already see the warped logic: "we didn't sell the cotton replica kit last year so we won't bother with one this year as nobody wants them" instead of the real reason - the replica kit wasn't a replica of the game shirt pattern!
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
Skin_and_Muscle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Skin_and_Muscle »

DickyP wrote:My worry is that this claims to be the replica kit - 100% polyester and no collar. I can already see the warped logic: "we didn't sell the cotton replica kit last year so we won't bother with one this year as nobody wants them" instead of the real reason - the replica kit wasn't a replica of the game shirt pattern!
It's the same price as the 'pro' jersey on the Tigers' website so I imagine that's what JD are selling. Tigers' site is distinguishing between 'pro' and 'classic' again; hopefully that'll mean a cotton shirt will be sold.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Hmmm, bit different. Not sure on it. Will wait to see what it looks like on the players.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

I don't hate it like I hated this years kit but it isn't what I would have chosen. Not enough red and white for me but I have a feeling it will grow on me. It will probably look better on the players anyway. And lets not forget, there's no bib!
RWA
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by RWA »

I love this year's kit....modem with a classy design. This one is bland and reminds me of a school kit where funding on design is an issue !!