Semi Final Tickets

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

h's dad
Super User
Super User

Re: Semi Final Tickets

Post by h's dad »

rdracup wrote:Incidentally Sarries are already selling tickets - with a refund clause if you can't make the date chosen by TV.
Sarries know they have a home semi. If Tigers started doing it now the accusations of arrogance would rightfully come floodng in.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
tommo

Post by tommo »

Interesting piece on today's Telegraph site about the role of fans in games. Basically, TV companies dont give a monkeys, and they are only there to make it look pretty in the background on TV.

This applies to football, as well as rugby (5.15 FA Cup Final kick off for 2 north western teams...extra time & pens, leaves them 30 mins to get to Euston for last train...not to mention the associated grief of fans on the lash all day).

And (probably the most telling point) why would the powers that be, and the TV companies give a monkeys when stadiums are always full for big games, no matter what time they are played?
Oh, When The Saints Go Marching In!
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Sarries know they have a home semi. If Tigers started doing it now the accusations of arrogance would rightfully come floodng in.
Spot on H's Dad... couldn't agree more.

If we beat Bath, let's see if the club step up to the plate and follow Sarries approach...
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

We need to put some perspective on this ticket thing though,we KNOW we can sell out at Welford Road for a home game , the Sorries just HOPE they can,they need a head start to get shirts and free beer organised to get some bums on seats.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
tommo

Post by tommo »

bluntiger wrote:
2011/12 20173 against Saracens
2010/11 20137 against Saints
2009/10 21575 against Bath
Apart from the fact you haven't sold out a home semi-final in the last 3 seasons
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

tommo wrote:
bluntiger wrote:
Apart from the fact you haven't sold out a home semi-final in the last 3 seasons
That is usually because of the short notice as the home semi-final is not usually secured until 1 or 2 weeks before the semi-final and people will have already made plans. This year our last regular season game is on 4th May and the semi-final is the following weekend. Hopefully this year it will be secured this weekend.
Always a Tiger
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

bluntiger wrote:
tommo wrote:
bluntiger wrote:
That is usually because of the short notice as the home semi-final is not usually secured until 1 or 2 weeks before the semi-final and people will have already made plans. This year our last regular season game is on 4th May and the semi-final is the following weekend. Hopefully this year it will be secured this weekend.
People will already have made plans? To whom does a Tigers home semi-final come as a surprise?
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

On a serious note to move this thread on a bit... why have we not managed to sell out the last three home semi-finals? And it's not a case of JUST FAILING, we have been 2,000 short every year for the last three years.

Weather is nicer in May and I don't buy the 'short notice' argument. It has been a date in my diary since the start of the year... but I guess I would go home or away for a SF so top 4 is OK for me.

Do season ticket holders on the forum resent paying for the SF that much that they don't attend? Can anyone shed any light?
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Could be the away supporters not wanting travel at short notice?
tommo

Post by tommo »

I'd rather travel to Welford Road, than Barnet, so fingers crossed Saints win the next two games.

Better still, finish 4th, beat Sarries, hope you beat Quins, then see you at HQ!
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Bad result yesterday that won't please those asking why the club STILL aren't selling home SF tickets! I hope the OP didn't jinx us!
Latecomer

Post by Latecomer »

In reply to Mr Partridge, I don't go to the home semis because I've already paid £600+ for two season tickets and don't want to pay another £50 for tickets to a game I can watch at home with the Sky/ESPN subscription I've already paid another £50 for. As a mark of respect to the loyalty of the fans any home semi SHOULD be included in the season ticket, but I agree with the post that the club are diminishing benefits to season ticket holders. As the Manchester City fans asked to pay £62 for away tickets to watch their team at Arsenal observed, where will it end?
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

Latecomer wrote: As a mark of respect to the loyalty of the fans any home semi SHOULD be included in the season ticket
A season ticket covers all regular season games and knock out games do not come under this category. If the club included home semi final tickets and we did not achieve a home semi then season ticket holders would be complaining that they paid for a game that has not happened. As a season ticket holder you get priority for your seat and a discounted price which imo is more than fair.
JohnI
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by JohnI »

Where does it then stop?
Justifying the Aviva semi then does that mean they include the LV Cup semi also, the HC or Amlin Cup semi final also? And when they are included then include the final as well for Aviva, LV and European?
And what if the semi is away from home does that then mean that the club should pay for ST holders there also because its a semi?
Permeatations are endless?
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

I can watch at home with the Sky/ESPN subscription
Would you really not prefer to be at the ground? Honestly? No disrespect, but your doing pretty well if you can afford Sky and ESPN every month...

I agree with Johnl and Kingol22... the club have no obligation to include an Aviva SF for ST holders as there is no guarantee that Tigers will finish in the Top 2 every year.

Enjoy the SF on the TV... :smt039