Queens unhappy over fans selling tickets

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sapajo
Super User
Super User

Queens unhappy over fans selling tickets

Post by sapajo »

Not all is rosy at Hairy Queens as their fans sold tickets to Munster.

http://www.quins.co.uk/news/7054.php#.UWWRo6I3v4y
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Queens unhappy over fans selling tickets

Post by fortysix »

Fair weather supporters.
Quins are a one season wonder. Like a lot of others....
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

I don't know how the Quins members system works and if its only members that have joined for a certain time that get access to tickets, but I seem to remember that a lot of Munster fans actually bought membership to Tigers a few years ago when they were in our HC group to make sure they could get a tickets.
jamiewilkinson

Post by jamiewilkinson »

Interesting statement from the Quins official site regarding this. Think it will put some tension between club and fans for a while, not good going into the business end of the season
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

No not good vibes. Fair play to Munster fans who travel ticketless to places far and wide with the optimism that there will be a man with a ticket.
If Quins hoped to keep the atmosphere Quinnish by playing the match at the stoop then they seem to have lost that bet.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Cardiff Tig wrote:I don't know how the Quins members system works and if its only members that have joined for a certain time that get access to tickets, but I seem to remember that a lot of Munster fans actually bought membership to Tigers a few years ago when they were in our HC group to make sure they could get a tickets.
Interesting, but this seems not to have been the case here as the tickets were sold on e-bay etc. Presumably, temporary "members" would have kept them.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

Or Queens' vetting arrangements are totally inadequate to prevent mass short-term memberships, either to genuine fans (which I have less of a problem with) or even blatant touts...
Orpingtontiger

Post by Orpingtontiger »

Greetings Tigers Fans (my first post)

There is a God after all.

The reason Quins did not play the game "across the road" (resulting in the game being watched by 40/50,000 fans) was to prevent Munster fans buying too many tickets.

Accordingly, they really are not in a position to complain when disloyal Quins fans make a quick buck!
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

Old Hob wrote:
Cardiff Tig wrote:I don't know how the Quins members system works and if its only members that have joined for a certain time that get access to tickets, but I seem to remember that a lot of Munster fans actually bought membership to Tigers a few years ago when they were in our HC group to make sure they could get a tickets.
Interesting, but this seems not to have been the case here as the tickets were sold on e-bay etc. Presumably, temporary "members" would have kept them.
There seemed to be a lot of Munster fans, would be interesting if anyone here had seen how many tickets were actually being offered on ebay, and whether the club has bothered to look at the home address of the members!

Could be that as the game wasn't on a Saturday at 3pm lots of season ticket holders sold their tickets!!!
TigrisLeicesteris
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigrisLeicesteris »

Seems like sour grapes and an attempt to make an excuse for their performance
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
Voltaire

"Morné Steyn is awaited in Paris like the Messiah or a new generation of Apple smartphone" Ze Stade Fan
tommo

Post by tommo »

Saints had similar problems the first time we played Munster in the HC 3 or 4 years ago. Lots of associate members cropping up with Irish addresses. Fair play if the system lets them do it.

Saints closed the loophole the following year somehow (cant remember how now....something along the lines of 'had to be an associate member for a year or more to buy tickets')

Munstermen are ingenious and persistent when it comes to buying tickets....and they also have VERY deep pockets!
Oh, When The Saints Go Marching In!
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

wow- a phenomonally strong statement - not great reading if you are a Queens fan

but surely their system allowed it, so would have expected a bit more self examination
Less is more....
tommo

Post by tommo »

Maybe they hadn't heard of Munster, and thought they were a small provincial side with a support base that couldnt be bothered to travel?
Oh, When The Saints Go Marching In!
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

Tigers are not immune to this happening either.

I remember one QF at WR vs Munster where some ST ticktes ended up in the hands of Munster fans (via ebay etc) and some Tigers STHs/members were later identified as having sold for profit and were stripped of their season tickets by the club.

Granted, some STHs also generously gave their tickets back to the club after Tigers oversold the allocation (meaning Munster wouldn't othersise have had their required 25%) but some were also guilty of profiteering ahead of the same match.