Jonny Wilkinson Leicester Tweet

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

jamiewilkinson

Jonny Wilkinson Leicester Tweet

Post by jamiewilkinson »

From Jonny's Twitter

"Leicester-a great team. Have learnt a lot from preparing for and playing against them. Good Luck to them for the end of 2013 season."

A true gent and a genuine nice guy
pipkoi

Re: Jonny Wilkinson Leicester Tweet

Post by pipkoi »

Not a relative are you?... :smt002

Absolutely agree with you & a great player to boot
Pip
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

I would'nt go as far as booting him!
Alatoruk

Post by Alatoruk »

Many years ago my daughter was at a college friends house and was introduced to her dads golf buddy 'johny'. He chatted amicably with them and it wasn't until he left that the friend said 'you do know who that was don't you?' He had no 'look at me' about him at all. A real gent then and that wasn't long after the winning drop goal. Feet firmly on the ground (no pun intended).
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

Just from seeing him play a few times and listening to his no nonsense hard working attitude in interviews I always thought Wilkinson was the type of committed player that would have fitted into the Tigers quite nicely but he has been a much sought after player by all for many years which has always made him a financial luxury. The media made him into some sort of Beckham type personality which I bet he finds quite annoying but I would bet that the hype filled Twickenham a few times over for the RFU and I recall he had a shoulder problem for a while also which might have put a few off. Not to put a downer on any of the other Tigers as there is and has been some excellent players but Wilkinson would have been worth the money IMO.
Cheery chappy
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

I love that man I really do, when he hit the turf clutching his shoulder early on Sunday I was torn down the middle between wishing he'd go off for Tigers' sake and willing him back on his feet out of sheer habit.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

CitizenSmiff wrote:I love that man I really do, when he hit the turf clutching his shoulder early on Sunday I was torn down the middle between wishing he'd go off for Tigers' sake and willing him back on his feet out of sheer habit.
So I wasn't the only one! When an important opposition player goes down I often hope the player has to leave the field, I don't want them to be injured or damaged but just so they have to leave the field (the exception being D.Armitage). But with Jonny I couldn't think that way, he is a humble hard working guy who is a reluctant national hero who would have been an ideal fit for Tigers a few years ago.
Mat
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mat »

I remember when he came to play at welford rd for Newcastle sometime after the World Cup win. He stood inthetunneloutside the dressing room until every child had his autograph mylad being one of them. Matthew tait was with a group of Newcastle players outside the ground waiting. I said to him as we were leaving that they must get fed up waiting. He replied Jonny will always ensure all the children get his signnature and that the team were used to it. A true gent and a real roll model for how to be a pro in any sport