Toulon v TIGERS!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Re: Toulon v TIGERS!

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

WiggoTiger wrote:Tried their best but couldn't quite turn the screw in the first half. Toulon came out 2nd half with a rollocking in their ears. Money does also talk when you look at their side..................if we had their cash we would be untouchable as we could have an amazing squad.
IMHO bring a cap into the european game otherwise it will be finished..........ooops forgot, hasn't this been our last game for a while as English clubs pull out at the end of the season.

The result was really what I expected........WASPS on Sunday needs to be a 5 point win!!
Why does it have to be a 5 point win against Wasps? We may have some key players missing and how much will that effort have taken out of us? A win next Sunday would be enough.
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

Oh dear ,
pretty much as expected. Plenty of effort but no cigar.

That's two out of three competitions we are out of.
Just the prem. left. What odds on us winning that?

Mrs S said she thought of us at evensong. The last hymn was "Tell me the old old story"! About right.

No, I am not calling for RC to go. Not until/unless we get dicked in the prem final. Then he will have no alternative.

Once again, we are left disappointed.
A life long Tiger
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Great chance gone begging we do not seem to learn our lesson when it comes to discipline. Hard to win spending 20 minutes down to 14 men and giving away so many silly penalties. Need to move on from this loss and get back on the premiership bike and return to winning ways.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

The team did us proud, unfortunate to lose , but no shame in losing away at this stage of the Heineken. Plenty of good quality on show against a side that will fancy winning their own domestic and Euro double.
We can take some positives from that and concentrate on regaining the Premiership title.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Qbec
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Qbec »

A fantastic performance Tigers everyone from start to finish put in a :censored: good effort & they deserve our support on saturday as we welcome them back from this great game which we played some great rugby, I'm proud of you one & all

Come On Tigers now lets get this Premiership title back where it belongs.
Tigers The Home Of World Class Rugby

11th Premiership Rugby Champions 2022
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

RC very very unhappy believes Botha flying knee has resulted in suspected Ayerza broken collar bone. Very sad news for Marcus and Tigers at this critical season run in.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Qbec wrote:A fantastic performance Tigers everyone from start to finish put in a :censored: good effort & they deserve our support on saturday as we welcome them back from this great game which we played some great rugby,
When was the match changed to saturday as I thought it was on Sunday?
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

Tigers lost to an excellent Toulon team and some home reffing decisons, they batlled their hearts out and it came down to the two kickers, one an inspirtional world cup winning fly half and the other an excellent club fly half who never made that step, a class player that flood is he never had the international edge.
Tigers played above and beyond, maybe the loss of Croft and Ayerza turned the tables but until a euro wage cap is put in place the english teams will always be second best!!
Proud to be a tiger today, Salvi, Croft and Cole were outstanding today, lets win the play offs!!!
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

TIGRIS is :censored: well right.!!!
Doommongers some might be, but after all we are the best supported team in the British Isles, and this result/loss v Toulon was actually expected !!!!!!
Which in itself is a very sad statement to make..
Yes we are a very combatitive dogged team , but without the pace and flair needed for the very top level.... Listen to Austin Healey !
Like it or not--we have been saying this for three seasons, and Cockerill still ploughs the same path. And the doomslayers still cant accept fact that we are four players short of an excellent squad good enough to beat anyone.

Good but not good enough!!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Emotions may be running high after the disappointment of being beaten......please remember that all users must abide by the rules ot the forum and respect other users, even if you do not agree.

Some posts have been removed.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by PM76 »

Excellent effort from the whole side and certainly no shame in losing in Toulon and the whole team can be very proud of their effort. The yellow cards (Slater was lucky not to go to the bin too IMO) and the penalties Castro and Manu gave away on their tryline proved costly, as did the loss of Croft. Once again just seemed to be lacking something offensively although the defence, scrum and lineout (before Crofty's injury) were superb.

But after the last couple of weeks I'm fairly confident that this side will win a home-semi and it's about time the Prem trophy returned to Welford Road. As Floody said in his post match interview hopefully they will learn from the defeat and it will lead to better things.

Bad news about Marcos if true, hope Crofty's injury isn't too bad.

Salvi, Cole and Ayerza were immense, while Tait was once again superb, bar one silly mistake. Thompstone and Slater didn't look out of place either which is a big compliment.
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

RC very very unhappy believes Botha flying knee has resulted in suspected Ayerza broken collar bone
That is sad news! It was a barnstorming run by Botha. Nothing wrong with it IMO and it was very brave of Ayerza to put himself in harms way. It's hard to take but that is rugby!
Don't have a go at the Tigers boys as IMO they were excellent against an outstanding Toulon team. It was a tough game and home advantage spurred Toulon on in the second half but the Tigers fought hard and it could have gone either way right up until the final minute. We need to put it to bed now and concentrate on getting a home semi final in the Premiership. Quins are on the rails and I would take us to do Sarries at Twickenham!
Cheery chappy
Off Piste Tiger

Post by Off Piste Tiger »

Proud of our lads tonight. Defeat but no disgrace.
TigrisLeicesteris
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigrisLeicesteris »

Was not the point I made in response to 46, but Mods had spoken
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
Voltaire

"Morné Steyn is awaited in Paris like the Messiah or a new generation of Apple smartphone" Ze Stade Fan
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

PM76 wrote:I'm fairly confident that this side will win a home-semi and it's about time the Prem trophy returned to Welford Road.

I second that desire we must win the premiership only time will tell if we have now have the team to do it. I remain confident that if we turn up, injury injuries permitting, keep our heads and discipline we will prevail :smt023