Re: Toulon v TIGERS!

Post by RCT »

Not surprised by ze stade fan post :smt019

Sunday : 2 great teams, a great game and great fans...and beers

:smt038
Northenlad

Post by Northenlad »

Don't go out drinking in Toulon! The people are not nice! They welcome you into their bars and even buy you beer and pizza, but it is just a ploy to make you wake up with really bad hangovers!

Gotta love this place!

It was only Thursday night and the rugby banter is already in full flow! Had our first experience of 'le pilou pilou' last night. Brilliant!
If winning isn't everything, why do they bother keeping score?
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

For those interested I have uploaded the words to Le Pilou Pilou in French, with a reasonable translation into English. You can download from

http://www.myhrshop.co.uk/pilou.doc
I could agree with you...but then we'd both be wrong.
PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by PM76 »

Toulon side announced:

Le XV de départ : 15.Delon ARMITAGE ; 14.Rudi WULF, 13.Mathieu BASTAREAUD, 12.Matt GITEAU, 11.Alexis PALISSON ; 10.Jonny WILKINSON (cap), 9.Sébastien TILLOUS-BORDE ; 7.Steffon ARMITAGE, 8.Chris MASOE, 6.Juan Martin FERNANDEZ LOBBE ; 5.Nick KENNEDY, 4.Bakkies BOTHA ; 3.Carl HAYMAN, 2.Sébastien BRUNO, 1.Andrew SHERIDAN.

Les remplaçants : 16.Mickaël IVALDI, 17.Gethin JENKINS, 18.Levan CHILACHAVA, 19.Jocelino SUTA, 20.Vincent MARTIN, 21.Maxime MERMOZ, 22.Nicolas DURAND, 23.Joe VAN NIEKERK.

http://www.rctoulon.com/en/news/article ... leicester/
Lammy

Post by Lammy »

As expected.
15. Matthew Tait, 14. Niall Morris, 13. Manu Tuilagi, 12. Anthony Allen, 11. Adam Thompstone, 10. Toby Flood, 9. Ben Youngs, 1. Marcos Ayerza, 2. Tom Youngs, 3. Dan Cole, 4. Ed Slater, 5. Geoff Parling, 6. Tom Croft, 7. Jules Salvi, 8. Jordan Crane,
16. Rob Hawkins, 17. Logovii Mulipola, 18. Martin Castrogiovanni, 19. Graham Kitchener, 20. Thomas Waldrom, 21. Sam Harrison, 22. George Ford, 23. Matt Smith,
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

When is our team due to be posted?
Come on Jumbo where are you?!
Soggypitch
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Soggypitch wrote:When is our team due to be posted?
Come on Jumbo where are you?!
This was posted in the news section of this site at 12.00. Your question is timed at 12.32.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Good to see Tom Youngs and Mulipola have recovered from their injuries. Chutes wrote in one of his blogs that the first 20 minutes of games in France are equal to or above the intensity at test level. If we can stick with them for the first 20 minutes I think we will have a good chance given our team. Does anyone have any info on Mafi? Is his injury worse than first thought or is Cockers just resting him?
Off Piste Tiger

Post by Off Piste Tiger »

I too was looking on our web site at 12:00 pm waiting for our team to be announced.
I thought it would be in the rolling headlines section so I missed it. Will know for next time.

Great to see an un changed team for three games now. Going to keep every thing crossed for 4:30 on Sunday.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

TigerLad wrote:Does anyone have any info on Mafi? Is his injury worse than first thought or is Cockers just resting him?
Only RC knows the truth because he has been publicly saying that both Mafi and Murphy have been fit for the last 2 weeks :smt009
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
APJones
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by APJones »

If Tigers can play like they did against Stains - or better :smt026 , then we do have a chance.
KEEP THE FAITH :smt023
http://www.flickr.com/photos/apjones/collections/72157604067869830/
JOIN the Leicester Tigers Rugby photo group on Flickr LINK ABOVE
APJos and pit15
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

I really like what the players have said to the press lately. They have come out and said we are massive underdogs but we believe in our squad and we are quietly confident. I don't know why but the fact that we aren't expected to win makes me quite confident, possibly because everyone is writing off a team with one of the best packs in Europe and proven world class players.
Pilou pilou

Post by Pilou pilou »

Hello,

I'm from Toulon.
My family offered me for my birthday a ticket for Toulon against Tigers, although i had already bought one. Therefore, i sell the one in "aileron sud", the place where i suppose many of Tigers ' supporters will sit in.
I will sell this ticket 50 euros, the price i paid. If you are interested, we can schedule an appointment near Mayol's stadium, sunday afternoon.

I wish you a nice journey in Toulon.
GEH

Post by GEH »

..but never mind the rugby it's 15/16 degrees out there!!!!!!