North to Stains

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

North to Stains

Post by fortysix »

Stains will be in danger of having better backs than us at this rate...
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Re: North to Stains

Post by BJ. »

North to Stains? It depends where you start from.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

I go north to Staines when I go Jurassic fossil hunting!
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

After trailing through several news sites, I've finally found what the original poster is talking about - see here.
Evidently, it is BELIEVED Northampton are going to make a bid for GEORGE North. However, he still has another year to run on his contract with the Scarlets.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

This rumours been on the Scarlets board for a while, he was also linked with Sorries, but as has been said,he is still under contract.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

I will be jealous if they can secure the services of GN, but I am sure that he will be receiving many tempting offers for his services. I am amazed that Stains have sufficient Wonga left to tempt him given their recent signings?
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

I will be jealous if they can secure the services of GN, but I am sure that he will be receiving many tempting offers for his services. I am amazed that Stains have sufficient wonga left to tempt him given their recent signings?
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Bet they are glad they got rid of Cashton--- what a swop for same sort of money...bet Sarries are pooing themselves having signed our frightened of contact touch rugby expert when they could have had North ...!!!!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

fortysix wrote:Bet they are glad they got rid of Cashton--- what a swop for same sort of money...bet Sarries are pooing themselves having signed our frightened of contact touch rugby expert when they could have had North ...!!!!
"OUR" expert fortysix? Is that a slip that lets us know you are a Sinners fan in disguise? :smt006
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Also confirmed here

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport ... -1-4912747

I am green with envy but that will change if we sign Halfpenny at least I can dream :smt023
boon

Post by boon »

trust me, i think every saints fan would dearly love this to come off but i wont be counting my chickens just yet.

it seems george has a sister in the area, and is a reasonably frequent visitor. plus seen lunching with jim mallinder this very week, who said recently what he wanted to sign most was a big strong winger. so thats a done deal then...

...of course not. for context saints were linked with another welsh player, jonathan davies last year and i reckon we were interested but tha turned out to be agent tactic to push his salary up.

the worry is that this is behind the north - saints talks becoming so public (same agent? i honestly dont know). i still have my fingers crossed though.
if you are happy and you know it, you are unusual.
Hinckley Bob
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Hinckley Bob »

He won't be cheap. If saints continue down the big money signings route again, they will end up with a small squad and the problems they have had in the past.
Tigernain

Post by Tigernain »

Having moved nearly 2 years ago to just over the border we are 'blessed?' with the Wales Today and on the day the story broke it was, of course, featured prominently. Interestingly much was made of the fact that George North does not want to move but the WRFU need to deal with the financial problems that are currently plaguing the regions. If this is true then the phrase 'one volunteer is better than 10 pressed men' springs to mind and Tigers have had players who have not wanted to be with us and they have gone. IMHO this throws a different light on it. I don't understand why the Saints as a new club but being ever so slightly biased I don't understand why any other team but the Tigers would interest him!!!

If I may pose this question "However good a player is - are you going to get the best out of him if he'd prefer to be elsewhere?"