Supporters Band... Feedback

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Artuin
Top Cat
Top Cat

Re: Supporters Band... Feedback

Post by Artuin »

I will be looking forward to the band - whatever they play. Forgive the pun but it could drum up some interest. :smt005
jack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jack »

Sounds a great idea!
Tigers - true Champions!
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Sounds good (I hope :smt002 ), good luck!
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

I can play a wind instrument, especially after some burgers, pies and beer but I am told the smell would drive the crowds away. :smt003
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
thebearisstilldeano
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by thebearisstilldeano »

Go for it - the more noise the better. A few years ago (might have been the game against an Indian 15) there was a fantastic troop of Asian drummers playing before the game - great atmosphere and very, very Leicester.

My one comment would be please keep it respectful - I wouldn't personally like to see us going down the Sale (playing Laurel and Hardy music when opposition teams run out) or Sarries (Fat Lady singing, Stand Up at every break etc.) route.
I used to sit near a stalker and we want him back "kick for the corner!!!!"
jack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jack »

Hear, hear to the above. Maybe occasional ethnic drumming would be a good move, although I do generally dislike the constant 'not sure why we are playing now but let's bang away again cos it's what we do' type of drumming.
What worked well, although some would claim too orchestrated, was at the World Athletics in Paris at the Stade de France a few years back. Dax Band one end and group of drummers, trumpeters etc at other end (By us!) The leader of each group had earphone telling them when to play, so no clashes with anthems, other band, announcements etc. Seemed to work well!
Tigers - true Champions!
Tim _Tim_Tiger_Lily

Post by Tim _Tim_Tiger_Lily »

Thanks all for the feedback. Generally seems positive. And yes to allay any concerns.... respect would be crucial. Leicester are a respectful club as are its fans. Therefore so will the band. We won't be playing Oh when the saints.... when Stains are in town mind you :smt023
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

So, I must be the only one then but the thought of someone sitting next to me blowing a trumpet or banging a drum makes my blood go cold.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tyzot »

No not just you.

Don't want it either.
Tim _Tim_Tiger_Lily

Post by Tim _Tim_Tiger_Lily »

Tyzot wrote:No not just you.

Don't want it either.

The band would sit in the clubhouse stand so I should imagine that'd be far away from you :smt023 Could always bring your earplugs.
Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tyzot »

Appreciate the positive intent of what you propose. But the band will be close enough to where I am be quite loud in an enclosed stadium. I guess that's the point of having it. If I find it not too loud, then the chances are that people up the other end of the ground won't hear it at all.

But I guess if the majority want it then it will happen and if not......

I think its really one of those love / hate issues. Like the Saracens approach to rugby vs Tigers more traditional approach. Playing music after tries etc. fat lady singing, cheerleaders etc.

Perhaps a vote sticky before and then after the trial, if adopted would be a good idea. Gives the opportunity for people to be won over or turned off. So far very few people out of a 24,000 capacity have commented either way.

In any case - please keep thinking of ideas.
BlackSeal

Post by BlackSeal »

I also think that it is a terrific idea - if done well.

Carry on Tim, great job.
Tom Tom
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tom Tom »

BlackSeal wrote:I also think that it is a terrific idea - if done well.

Carry on Tim, great job.
Quite agree - give it a go.
The ground needs atmosphere and as much as possible and from wherever we can get it.

I always thought Tudor and Matt Poole created some with their double act.
As I have said previously the way the announcer reads out the Tigers team would help. It needs to be done with enthusiasm and give time for a cheer between each name rather than reading out a shopping list!
jack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jack »

Quite so, Tom Tom!
Tigers - true Champions!
DaveRave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveRave »

I'm afraid I'm in the 'bad idea' camp. I always mute the TV if I'm watching the cricket and that barmy army moron with the trumpet starts playing. I don't really see what parping out 'The Flinstones' whilst a load of drunk blokes dur-dur along has to do with 'atmosphere'. If I ever bought a ticket to the cricket and found myself in his vicinity he would find his trumpet rammed up his proverbial. The same goes for the official England Football band (or whatever they're called) with their endless renditions of Rule Brittania or Seven Nation Army.
As pre-match or half time entertainment - great, but start playing during the game and I'm certain you will get on a lot of peoples nerves!