Fed up with the petty squabbling

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fleabane
Super User
Super User

Fed up with the petty squabbling

Post by fleabane »

Thanks sapajo,tigerburnie, chappie et alia. Leaving the forum, can't be bothered any more with the slaggings off and just pure rudeness when people are expressing their views.

:smt006
Valhalla I am coming!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Re: Fed up with the petty squabbling

Post by tigerburnie »

fleabane wrote:Thanks sapajo,tigerburnie, chappie et alia. Leaving the forum, can't be bothered any more with the slaggings off and just pure rudeness when people are expressing their views.

I think you may have missed a few names off the list there, good luck, the unoffy is a quieter place with some good debates about rugby.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
JWM
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by JWM »

The kind of reason I barely visit this place anymore. Sick of a small, very opinionated, vocal, sometimes ill-mannered, know-it-all clique, who think they own this Forum and that their word is law. Since when?

I now spend much more time chatting with more people, closer to the action.
ST in new Clubhouse stand ... sadly, my back's no longer up to standing :-(
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

fleabane wrote:Thanks sapajo,tigerburnie, chappie et alia. Leaving the forum, can't be bothered any more with the slaggings off and just pure rudeness when people are expressing their views.

I hope you are not serious about leaving, your opinions are valued as any others and the forum would be a poorer place. Normally I am known to be a bit of WUM but I am sincere about this.
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tyzot »

TBH as a I mentioned elsewhere, I have heard the same point expressed by a few fans, in that we have some interesting threads started and then when you look down the list of the last forum posters, its the same few people. Without even opening the thread you can work out exactly what will have been said and in what manner. Pity really, ruins it for the rest.

An interesting statistic might be the % of posts by the most frequent 12 posters - excluding those who actually start threads.
chappie
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by chappie »

As I said on another thread, this is a forum about rugby and not an English school, why do people find the need to belittle us on here about our spelling or grammar ?
I will always stand up for myself and refuse to be bullied on here, it's always the same people that taunt others that are not ok with spelling and grammar, I will not mention their names as we all know who they are!

Sorry for my little rant.
Franck Tournaire Number 1 fan.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

The way things are going, and reading some of the messages I have had in the last few days, there will barely be any point in having a discussion board soon.

The issue we (I) have when moderating is one that I alluded to elsewhere. One viewpoint is that by preventing or removing posts that are merely repeating what a user has put on several other threads we are stopping "active discussion". The other viewpoint is that in not removing such posts or asking specific users to refrain from repeating things on lots of topics, we are not doing our jobs as moderators.

I would be very sad to see fleabane go, he is one of our most sensible and knowledgeable posters, and indeed those of you who have sent me PMs in recent days saying you do not want to post any more because of the attitude and aggression of some users, and the constant bickering and repetition between a small group of members - again I hope you will reconsider.

Please remain and keep posting. Otherwise, if nothing else, you are letting the small minority of users drive you away and spoil what has been a good discussion board.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Well said Rizzo!
Soggypitch
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

Would be a great shame to see you stop posting fleabane. I always enjoy reading your posts and as Rizzo has said always found your posts sensible and knowledgeable.Hope you decide to reconsider.
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

It is a real shame that users choose to leave the forums. Not everyone can spell correctly, use the correct grammar and these errors may occur in their posts. They are only trying to participate in the discussions and I am sure that on most occasions, people understand what they are trying to say.
English may not be their first language or the may have learning difficulties....we do not know!!
Picking users up on their errors can be seen as a form of bullying and may put them off from airing their views.
All users are entitled to their opinion and personal comments / insults towards users are not acceptable.
This forum s far more active that most of the other Premiership Clubs and we welcome anyone to use it, but personal insults etc will not be tolerated.
Please keep to the topic that is being discussed and respect the opinions and views of other users, even if you do not agree with them.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
chappie
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by chappie »

Thank you Tigerbeat, that means a lot to me!
I shall try and pop and see you at the Wasps game, would be good to catch up? :smt023
Franck Tournaire Number 1 fan.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

As a teacher (not English but PE) I am used to lots of criticism from all quarters, Fleabane let it go, water off a ducks back scenario. Don't let the posters get you down!!
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
yellow_balaclava_hunter
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by yellow_balaclava_hunter »

I think that the behaviour of the moderators on here recently has been utterly disgraceful which hasn't helped the situation. I think it is time that they were replaced.
Excuse me. Where do I get a yellow balaclava from?
I asked Gavin Henson if they sold them at Matalan but he said they didn't because they messed his hair up.
parkerd68
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by parkerd68 »

These are exactly the reasons I'm considering packing it in. I don't feel I've been on long, and I know I'm not the most insightful contributor, but in the time I've been on, I be noticed a huge decline in bonhomie on the forum. I was once, in my opinion, subjected (strong word but I can't think of a better one) to an undeserved personal comment, and found it an almost surreal experience. If someone has an opinion, it's their opinion. They don't have to be told they're wrong or their suggestion is ridiculous, it's their opinion. The trouble is, in the written word when you can't see a facial expression or hear a tone of voice, comments can appear way more offensive than intended. For that reason, I wish people would at least consider their comments before posting, rather than either go for the throat or just post without considering the context it could be taken in.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

I trust people are not offended by my comments, I intend to be robust rather than offensive. I know I have a bad temper and never step back from confrontation, but I do not intentionally provoke, but I do intentionally stand up for what is I believe justified.
Debate is something that I have been trained in(was involved in both local politics and trade unionism in Leicester in the 1970's and 80's)and know where the line is. I have a sense of humour that not all approve of, can be a bit cruel, but like to think I can take it as well as dish it out.
So if folk feel they want to raise a point of controversy,please feel free to continue, as far as I am concerned, I might bark a bit but rarely bite.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.