Ford to Bath and other reports

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Ford to Bath and other reports

Post by sapajo »

fleabane wrote:No, after today's win and his performance, keep him!!!

We are all a little fickle!

Remember GF wants to go and perhaps he is more than a little fickle :smt039
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

I've heard him called a little f....something, but I don't think it was fickle...... :smt003
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

to be fair gold did looked gone out when asked about ford as though he didnt know who he was
I had a little giggle when I saw this comment. How very Leicester!

I know of nowhere else in the country where you hear things like
"He looked at me gone out"!

It made me a little homesick, but only for a second or two!
A life long Tiger
Epaminondas Pules

Post by Epaminondas Pules »

fortysix wrote:Much as I am an admirer of Ford, I cant see how he is going to be given the No 1 spot over Heathcote-if he stays-- and Donald at No 2
Must be a catch-there is no logic as Heathcote is a miles better percentage kicker and is nearly as talented....
Don't think Donald will be around in this country next season........
Hinckley Bob
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Hinckley Bob »

My worst fear is that he will go to the Sinners! :smt010
boon

Post by boon »

quite agree, hinckley bob, i would be disappointed to see ford come to the gardens, he is not what we need. rumour is we are looking to the southern hemisphere for a fully formed flyhalf alongside myler anyways.

as for lamb - nice bloke, good player on his day, good luck to him unless you are playing us.
if you are happy and you know it, you are unusual.
Granby
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Granby »

I assumed the guy you signed from Ospreys would play 10 next season ?
Hinckley Bob
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Hinckley Bob »

boon wrote:quite agree, hinckley bob, i would be disappointed to see ford come to the gardens, he is not what we need. rumour is we are looking to the southern hemisphere for a fully formed flyhalf alongside myler anyways.

as for lamb - nice bloke, good player on his day, good luck to him unless you are playing us.
We'll toughen Lamb up (won't make him mutton will it?) and you will not have Tongathingy to walk over him.
boon

Post by boon »

granby - fotuali'i has been signed primarily as a 9, mallinder has been explicit on this. he has played 10, including internationally, but as i say the management have been clear he is seen mainly as scrum half - which is after all where he has been terrifying people from this season, including your good selves.

i havent given up on this season yet, but am also getting excited already to see how saints go next season. i think alex king will likely be our most significant signing though!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

boon wrote:granby - fotuali'i has been signed primarily as a 9, mallinder has been explicit on this. he has played 10, including internationally, but as i say the management have been clear he is seen mainly as scrum half - which is after all where he has been terrifying people from this season, including your good selves.

i havent given up on this season yet, but am also getting excited already to see how saints go next season. i think alex king will likely be our most significant signing though!
Never mind all the niceties Boon are you getting nervous about the end of the month yet? :smt003
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
boon

Post by boon »

nervous, no. looking forward to it a little as its the next saints game i'll be at.

only a little at this point as my next gameday is friday at the gardens for the eng vs ita u-20's. beer festival thrown in too, and even tigers fans are welcome, so feel free to pop along.

after that i am toying with the idea of supporting northampton school for boys in the dail mail cup final at twickenham on 23rd march.

so the derby match on the 30th is something to look forward to but not my priority for now...

see you then though :smt027
Granby
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Granby »

Gosh! You must be really close to the salary cap if you can sign one of the most sought after 9's around and a top FH from the south. :smt004
TigrisLeicesteris
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigrisLeicesteris »

Granby, was that any reference 9 to my post about Barwell Jnr any chance? :smt003 :smt002
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
Voltaire

"Morné Steyn is awaited in Paris like the Messiah or a new generation of Apple smartphone" Ze Stade Fan
Grinsteadtiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Grinsteadtiger »

As we approach the second week of March has anyone heard if Ford has been approached by ANY other Club officially, or do we think that a change of heart circumstance may be in the offing? What do you think will happen if no one makes an approach?
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Grinsteadtiger wrote:As we approach the second week of March has anyone heard if Ford has been approached by ANY other Club officially, or do we think that a change of heart circumstance may be in the offing? What do you think will happen if no one makes an approach?
His Dad might have a word after sunday lunch maybe?
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.