Croft for England?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

smalldell
Gold Member
Gold Member

Croft for England?

Post by smalldell »

See he has been called up by Lancaster and with it being Italy I think he's a certainty to start. He just gives the team so many more options. He has pace, power and vision. Courtney Lawes was not on the same planet as Croft at 6 (but he is not a 6 anyway so not meant as a dig) and because of Crofts abilities I fully expect him to play

Thoughts please
Skin_and_Muscle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Croft for England?

Post by Skin_and_Muscle »

smalldell wrote:See he has been called up by Lancaster and with it being Italy I think he's a certainty to start. He just gives the team so many more options. He has pace, power and vision. Courtney Lawes was not on the same planet as Croft at 6 (but he is not a 6 anyway so not meant as a dig) and because of Crofts abilities I fully expect him to play

Thoughts please
If he does start, and Morgan is fit, I'd have Croft in instead of Wood. That might seem a little unfair on Wood because he's played well but I think Croft, Morgan, Robshaw is a little more balanced. Wood can also play across the back row so he'd be a great bench option.
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

I doubt he will be involved this w/e he's been away from England some time & he's only played 1 full match for us!
They will look at him with a view to touring in the summer unless Gatland shows interest. I expect Cockers is not too pleased with this & probably crossing everything Tom comes back unbroken :smt023
smalldell
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by smalldell »

I think Croft, Wood, Robshaw makes a more cohesive unit. They are more pacey and overall their ball handling skills are better for me. I think Morgan would be the better bench option. Robshaw or Wood can move around the backrow with relative ease so their are lots of options.

I think which ever way SL goes it gives him so many more options.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Pleased for Tom just concerned that he is being thrust back into international duty so quickly after just being given a green light to play regular club rugby which is not the same intensity as internationals. Sincerely hope for his well being that he can come through the six nations unscathed and because we badly need him at the climax of the season.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
smalldell
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by smalldell »

I don't think he would have been considered if Wales had been first but with it being Italy I think he is definately in SL's thoughts. This may be he plays against Italy for part of the match. SL really wants him for Wales because that will be the Grandslam match.

RC may be gritting his teeth but he always knew this would happen.

As for him coming back crocked. I am staggered he is playing at all and watching him makes me very nervous. I just do not know how his close family and friends are coping....
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

Don't underestimate the Italians SD this will be Englands packs hardest game so far & they don't stop at 60mins either!!
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Croft back for England

Post by TigerLad »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/21660725
Well done Tom! Deserves a Lions place! Don't you dare break him Lancaster.
MJ Chairman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MJ Chairman »

Can't see him featuring in either match, injury permitting , more about seeing where he is at present. From what I've read Stan Caster says he has had a long talk with Cockers, so should be no issues there.
With the absence of Parisse, I see can see Billy Vunipola starting possibly with his brother at loose head.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

With Morgan still slightly injured, I suspect Wood will continue starting at 8. If he's playing well enough out of position, why change it if he continues to improve? He may be a better long term option than Morgan. Vunipola B should make his first appearance after about 50 minutes.

With Wood continuing at 8, there's no reason not to bring in Croft for Italy. Better 6 and equal if not far better line-out option than Lawes.
Jose
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Jose »

Glad to see croft back, but would prefer him lightly used the next 2 weeks. Am also interested re fly half cover. If farrell injured, then would have been burns, but he looked unfit and short of games on friday. Who's after that? Is it Ford? Or would 12T or Goode cover?
Joe The Tigers Fan
Richard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Richard »

I hope he is just back in to get up to speed again for international rugby. Croft was partially at fault for Sale's try as he went across too far and provided a big enough gap for their player to get through...
the future is bright
the future is
Scarlet Green and White
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Jose wrote:Glad to see croft back, but would prefer him lightly used the next 2 weeks. Am also interested re fly half cover. If farrell injured, then would have been burns, but he looked unfit and short of games on friday. Who's after that? Is it Ford? Or would 12T or Goode cover?

Flood will start against Italy :smt045
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

sapajo wrote:Flood will start against Italy :smt045
Apparently so.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... squad.html

PR machine at work :smt002
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

WhitecapTiger wrote:
sapajo wrote:Flood will start against Italy :smt045
Apparently so.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... squad.html

PR machine at work :smt002
That is the good news :smt038 what worries me is that SL will waste the best attacking half back pairing of BY and TF but instead start with Care just because every rugby pundit is howling for him to start :smt009