Disappointed

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Talltiger

Disappointed

Post by Talltiger »

Evening all.
First time tonight I have been disappointed to be a tigers fan, and not because of the play on the pitch. Tonight on the crumbie the arrogant abusive shouting from certain members of the tigers crowd towards Saracens as a team, but in particular their fans was too much.
Rugby appeals as we are generally tolerant and friendly towards our rivals. Having travelled from the south coast for the game the behaviour of this individual really did take the edge of the evening.
I hope to not be in the proximity of this individual next time Sarries come to visit. :smt009
If only you were this tall....
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Re: Disappointed

Post by ellis9 »

I was also disappointed as I missed most of the last 5 mins as after Sarries scored their 4th try, may Tigers fans in the Cat stand started leaving.

I thought there was a fire drill! :smt002
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

Talltiger wrote:Evening all.
First time tonight I have been disappointed to be a tigers fan, and not because of the play on the pitch. Tonight on the crumbie the arrogant abusive shouting from certain members of the tigers crowd towards Saracens as a team, but in particular their fans was too much.
Rugby appeals as we are generally tolerant and friendly towards our rivals. Having travelled from the south coast for the game the behaviour of this individual really did take the edge of the evening.
I hope to not be in the proximity of this individual next time Sarries come to visit. :smt009
Fortunately, those amongst us who are truly obnoxious are in the great minority. But, alas, they will always be with us, at least until we can repair their damaged brains before birth.
I could agree with you...but then we'd both be wrong.
old one eye
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by old one eye »

sadly, there are a very few brain dead Tigers fans.The kick off being late on a Saturday evening after an England game allows plenty of time to get tanked up.
jamiewilkinson

Post by jamiewilkinson »

Completely agree, the abuse that Stevens got, (generally not about his weight!) went too far, Stevens did show a sense of humour with the odd smile but there was no need for the abuse he got.

It also sounds like the same person who has an agenda towards the officials as well, every game.

Boo's towards Sarries when they came out...where has that come from??

Absolutely disgraceful and for me embarrassing as we promote the respect for both teams.

I do wish this bloke would put a sock in it! may well bring one next week for him.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

jamiewilkinson wrote:I do wish this bloke would put a sock in it! may well bring one next week for him.
Whilst it's certainly not the majority, it sounds like it's more than one.

"Saracens are a plastic club that play on a plastic pitch"

The 'gem' that popped out a top volume in a lull in play about halfway down the Crumbie terrace in front of me last night. It did cause some embarrassed looks around and about.

Well, that plastic club just taught our boys a lesson in our back garden, on grass.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
jamiewilkinson

Post by jamiewilkinson »

It was definately the same voice i heard and keep hearing at every home game.

Truely embarrasing to hear such abuse to the guys on the field.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

If it is truly abusive, report it to a steward, or text to:

88010, beginning the message with the word TIGERS

Say what the problem is, and whereabouts.
Valhalla I am coming!
Talltiger

Post by Talltiger »

Whitecaptiger, we are talking about the same individual who happened to be about 3 feet to my left.
I was embarrassed to be there with my 65 year old father in law, who happens to be a Sarries fan.
If only you were this tall....
Tim _Tim_Tiger_Lily

Post by Tim _Tim_Tiger_Lily »

Admittedly I chuckled at some chants of boring boring sarries.... Sadly Saracens quickly responded to that one with 4 tries! :smt011

Saracens are irritating but the better team won and I do hope this abusive behaviour is in the minority!
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Bet it was same foul drunken git letting wind in the Mark bar after the game.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Why do you not point him out to the stewards and have him removed?
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.