Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Iain
Super User
Super User

Re: Late kick off for the Sorries match

Post by Iain »

yellow_balaclava_hunter wrote:
Iain wrote:They shouldn't clash, you're right. That's for a different thread.

They do clash. So the games have been arranged so that rugby fans can see all three games. This makes me happy for being considerate.
Anyone who normally watches the Six Nations on TV can watch the Six Nations in its entirety on iplayer.

It is not considerate to supporters who travel week in week out to support their club, for an important match to be rescheduled to a time that a lot of those people who put the effort in to travel now cannot attend.
You know full well that watching it live and watching it after the event is not the same thing.

You have been given a lot of notice for the game. Two questions:

1. Where do you live?
2. Why can't you go?
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

I am sure many "true supporters" will be there. A sell out?

:smt017
Still keeping the faith!
yellow_balaclava_hunter
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by yellow_balaclava_hunter »

Iain wrote:
Iain wrote:They shouldn't clash, you're right. That's for a different thread.

They do clash. So the games have been arranged so that rugby fans can see all three games. This makes me happy for being considerate.
Anyone who normally watches the Six Nations on TV can watch the Six Nations in its entirety on iplayer.

It is not considerate to supporters who travel week in week out to support their club, for an important match to be rescheduled to a time that a lot of those people who put the effort in to travel now cannot attend.
You know full well that watching it live and watching it after the event is not the same thing.

You have been given a lot of notice for the game. Two questions:

1. Where do you live?
2. Why can't you go?
Firstly your priority should be to support Tigers and not England therefore it should not be a problem to miss the England game when it is on Live.

Yes watching the Six Nations Live is obviously better than watching it in full later but the coverage is exactly the same as you would get anyway unless you were planning some miraculous trip to Twickenham to watch the match at the ground and then come back by helicopter to see the Tigers.

The notice of the rearranged fixture is not an excuse as all games should be played at 3PM on a Saturday unless rearranged for safety reasons.

I live in the North West of England and my last train back leaves the station 4 minutes after the game is scheduled to kick off. There are plenty of others in a similar situation.
Excuse me. Where do I get a yellow balaclava from?
I asked Gavin Henson if they sold them at Matalan but he said they didn't because they messed his hair up.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Do you drive? Are there others from that part of the country coming to the game?
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Firstly your priority should be to support Tigers and not England therefore it should not be a problem to miss the England game when it is on Live.
By the way, this is just plainly ridiculous and not worthy of a response.
yellow_balaclava_hunter
Gold Member
Gold Member

Iain wrote:Do you drive? Are there others from that part of the country coming to the game?
No and not anyone that I know. Secondly I believe it would be wrong to drive to the match and not use public transport as it unnecessarily contributes to pollution when public transport should be fine and would be feasible on a 3PM kick off.
I asked Gavin Henson if they sold them at Matalan but he said they didn't because they messed his hair up.
yellow_balaclava_hunter
Gold Member
Gold Member

Iain wrote:
By the way, this is just plainly ridiculous and not worthy of a response.
Not it is not. The way that the RFU treat this club means that no supporter should be backing the England team as they are effectively the RFU representative side.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

I'm out.

You're either a wum or an idiot. It is impossible to make either see sense.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Iain wrote:Do you drive? Are there others from that part of the country coming to the game?
No and not anyone that I know. Secondly I believe it would be wrong to drive to the match and not use public transport as it unnecessarily contributes to pollution when public transport should be fine and would be feasible on a 3PM kick off.
Makes perfect sense or does it :smt017
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Pete
Super User
Super User

Post by Pete »

There are a lot of youngsters that regularly attend Tigers matches. I wonder how many of those will be out that late at night.

It is highly unlikely that mine will go, and the Wasps Sunday game appears to be out too, plus we've already had to miss four matches this season.

So after fifteen years of season tickets, I won't be renewing.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

sapajo wrote:
From where I live I could use public transport for a 3PM KO I would have to get up 1t 5,30 AN and would not get home until 12.30 AM abd the car parking fee (at the station) would exceed the cost of the petrol to drive - not to mention the train fare.

Hey ho! Ain't cloud cuckoo land great! Let's all blame the RFU!!

:smt005
Still keeping the faith!
yellow_balaclava_hunter
Gold Member
Gold Member

sapajo wrote:
Obviously it's difficult for some people who live in Leicester and can turn up at just about any time to see the bigger picture. To realise the extra effort that it takes some people to support this club, to see the affects that a rearranged fixture can have. All for TV money that the club doesn't even need.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

yellow_balaclava_hunter wrote: Obviously it's difficult for some people who live in Leicester and can turn up at just about any time to see the bigger picture. To realise the extra effort that it takes some people to support this club, to see the affects that a rearranged fixture can have. All for TV money that the club doesn't even need.
I drive a 200 mile round trip to support the club.

I do not have a problem. Why do you

Still keeping the faith!
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Obviously it's difficult for some people who live in Leicester and can turn up at just about any time to see the bigger picture. To realise the extra effort that it takes some people to support this club, to see the affects that a rearranged fixture can have. All for TV money that the club doesn't even need.
:smt043 :smt044 :smt046
yellow_balaclava_hunter
Gold Member
Gold Member

Bill W (2) wrote:
yellow_balaclava_hunter wrote: Obviously it's difficult for some people who live in Leicester and can turn up at just about any time to see the bigger picture. To realise the extra effort that it takes some people to support this club, to see the affects that a rearranged fixture can have. All for TV money that the club doesn't even need.
I drive a 200 mile round trip to support the club.

I do not have a problem. Why do you

I use public transport rather than unnecessarily contributing to global warming.