Next two games

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Next two games

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

I think that if we pick up 5 points from the next two games (Quins and Sarries) then a home semi will be in our hands.especially as Wasps play Glos next week. Anything more than 5 points would be great.
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Re: Next two games

Post by TTRITH »

Quins and Sorries slipping up yesterday has helped us big time, especially as we failed to get the TBP yesterday. Need to pick up a LBP at Quins at least, a different game plan to kicking away is needed though! Sarries at home I'm worried about, they've lost Farrell, Barritt, Goode and Brown but our pack yesterday (despite including Ayerza, Deacon, Croft, Salvi) was pushed around at times by Welsh so they need to step up. Half hoping Burns will be fit soon and can get on the bench ahead of Flood, we need him.

Agree we need 5 points from this week, I wouldn't bet on us getting 2 though. Home semi would be all but gone if we don't win once over the next fortnight.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
divingrob

Post by divingrob »

I think its a terrible shame that these two matches regardless of results come during the 6N period.

I had an idea that teams were seeded on their previous seasons performance then during autumn international and 6N periods the top 6 seeded teams played against the bottom 6 seeded teams.

I want to see teams at the top playing each other at full strength.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

There may be a surprise in store......we are noted for getting points and wins when we are all worried about our chances. Lets hope Plan B,C,D and E are talked about this week and not just Plan A and Plan A* (kick it away)!!
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

Hopefully we will get Flood back for next week as he has played less than 20 minutes of rugby in the past 2 weeks. That would make a big difference to our chances.
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

kingol22 wrote:Hopefully we will get Flood back for next week as he has played less than 20 minutes of rugby in the past 2 weeks. That would make a big difference to our chances.
I am hoping we get Flood, Manu and TTE back as they have played very little. We should also have Castro back.
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

There's no doubt next week at Quinns will be a tough trip,however they won't be looking forward to us arriving either,they know we have the dog back in the side and are winning ugly. Close game but Tigers can win this.

COME ON YOU TIGERRRRrrrssssss

:smt027 :smt027 :smt027
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

tigerburnie wrote:There's no doubt next week at Quinns will be a tough trip,however they won't be looking forward to us arriving either,they know we have the dog back in the side and are winning ugly. Close game but Tigers can win this.

COME ON YOU TIGERRRRrrrssssss

:smt027 :smt027 :smt027
Agreed. The key is keeping it tight, saving the fancy stuff for the right areas i.e. opposition 22, not giving away unnecessary penalties and not aimlessly kicking the ball away - especially straight to the opposition. If we do that I believe we have the team to be able to win.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!