Squad Changes 2013-2014 Season & Transfer Rumours Thread

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RWA
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Squad Changes 2013-2014 Season & Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by RWA »

kornboy130 wrote:Given the amount of traffic we get regarding any press to do with transfer rumours it might help to keep them consolidated in one place for easy viewing and also so it's easy to recall where certain posts are.

Credit to "johns" for posting this on another forum.

Credit also to "SK 88" who writes a fantastic blog which supplements Bud's podcast nicely. The link is http://leicestertigersultrasubmarines.b ... ouple.html

Rumoured Departures

Scott Hamilton
Rob Andrew - to be replaced by Sebastien De Chaves
Micky Young - possibly to Bath
Geordan Murphy - retiring the likely move to Skills Coach
Kieran Brookes - possibly to Bath

Confirmed Departures

George Ford - to Bath
Martin Castrogiovanni - to Toulon. Transfer Fee agreed.

Contracts Renewed

Graham Kitchener
Steve Mafi
Niall Morris
Julian Salvi
Ben Youngs
Tom Youngs
Geoff Parling

Rumoured Targets

David Mélé - Scrum Half/Fly Half - Perpignan. Mercury confirmed our interest. Likely to conclude the signing with departures of Ford and Young.
Jamie Gibson - Back Row - London Irish. Mercury confirmed out interest.
Alex Gray - No.8 - London Irish.
John Barclay - Openside Flanker - Glasgow Warriors. Rumour been quiet for a while.
Adam Thompson - Back Row - Otago Highlanders. Supposedly good friends with Craig Newby who has been pulling some strings - though would command substantial wage.
Steffon Armitage - Openside Flanker - Toulon. Keen to gain a place in the England side for the home world cup, would need to return to England and would probably prefer a winning side looking for a 7. Mercury mentioned rumours.
Jonathan Poff - Openside Flanker - London Wasps.
Leigh Halfpenny - Fullback/Winger - Cardiff Blues. Mentioned as linked with many clubs. Tigers with likely departures of Murphy and Hamilton have funds available in the back 3 (especially with salary cap expansion).
Stephen Myler - Fly Half - Northampton. Mentioned as possible target to replace Ford.
Fabio Staibano - Tighthead Prop - Ex-Wasps. Currently unattached to the best of my knowledge. Mercury noted interest.
Rob Miller - Full Back/Fly Half/Wing - Sale. The Rugby Paper now mentions our interest in Rob Miller with Gloucester and Worcester Warriors also interested.

Rumoured Targets (as good as) Confirmed Elsewhere

Matt Kvesic - Openside Flanker - Worcester Warriors. Believed to have signed for Gloucester.
Anthony Watson - Full Back/Winger - London Irish. Believed to have signed for Bath.

Signings Confirmed

Sebastien De Chaves - Believe he tweeted a 2 year contract before it being removed.

Anything you've heard post it here and I will update the initial post. As BJ always says a source is preferred, a link to a newspaper article etc or a mention if it's print i.e. The Rugby Paper (page number preferred). Or as simple as "a mate of mine who is in the know" will suffice.

Hope this helps clean up the forum and provides a useful tool.
Nice one KB and thanks for the info, always good to look through and cross out who you don't want !! Halfpenny indeed is the dream there, but I'm sceptical especially as Cockers has been making a lot of noises about Tait being at full back, GM and Scotty giving him advice etc - all of which leads to him being groomed to take over at 15.
vin rouge
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by vin rouge »

surely halfpenny if he went anywhere would go to France- he could earn a fortune there?
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

RWA wrote:
kornboy130 wrote:Given the amount of traffic we get regarding any press to do with transfer rumours it might help to keep them consolidated in one place for easy viewing and also so it's easy to recall where certain posts are.

Credit to "johns" for posting this on another forum.

Credit also to "SK 88" who writes a fantastic blog which supplements Bud's podcast nicely. The link is http://leicestertigersultrasubmarines.b ... ouple.html

Rumoured Departures

Scott Hamilton
Rob Andrew - to be replaced by Sebastien De Chaves
Micky Young - possibly to Bath
Geordan Murphy - retiring the likely move to Skills Coach
Kieran Brookes - possibly to Bath

Confirmed Departures

George Ford - to Bath
Martin Castrogiovanni - to Toulon. Transfer Fee agreed.

Contracts Renewed

Graham Kitchener
Steve Mafi
Niall Morris
Julian Salvi
Ben Youngs
Tom Youngs
Geoff Parling

Rumoured Targets

David Mélé - Scrum Half/Fly Half - Perpignan. Mercury confirmed our interest. Likely to conclude the signing with departures of Ford and Young.
Jamie Gibson - Back Row - London Irish. Mercury confirmed out interest.
Alex Gray - No.8 - London Irish.
John Barclay - Openside Flanker - Glasgow Warriors. Rumour been quiet for a while.
Adam Thompson - Back Row - Otago Highlanders. Supposedly good friends with Craig Newby who has been pulling some strings - though would command substantial wage.
Steffon Armitage - Openside Flanker - Toulon. Keen to gain a place in the England side for the home world cup, would need to return to England and would probably prefer a winning side looking for a 7. Mercury mentioned rumours.
Jonathan Poff - Openside Flanker - London Wasps.
Leigh Halfpenny - Fullback/Winger - Cardiff Blues. Mentioned as linked with many clubs. Tigers with likely departures of Murphy and Hamilton have funds available in the back 3 (especially with salary cap expansion).
Stephen Myler - Fly Half - Northampton. Mentioned as possible target to replace Ford.
Fabio Staibano - Tighthead Prop - Ex-Wasps. Currently unattached to the best of my knowledge. Mercury noted interest.
Rob Miller - Full Back/Fly Half/Wing - Sale. The Rugby Paper now mentions our interest in Rob Miller with Gloucester and Worcester Warriors also interested.

Rumoured Targets (as good as) Confirmed Elsewhere

Matt Kvesic - Openside Flanker - Worcester Warriors. Believed to have signed for Gloucester.
Anthony Watson - Full Back/Winger - London Irish. Believed to have signed for Bath.

Signings Confirmed

Sebastien De Chaves - Believe he tweeted a 2 year contract before it being removed.

Anything you've heard post it here and I will update the initial post. As BJ always says a source is preferred, a link to a newspaper article etc or a mention if it's print i.e. The Rugby Paper (page number preferred). Or as simple as "a mate of mine who is in the know" will suffice.

Hope this helps clean up the forum and provides a useful tool.
Nice one KB and thanks for the info, always good to look through and cross out who you don't want !! Halfpenny indeed is the dream there, but I'm sceptical especially as Cockers has been making a lot of noises about Tait being at full back, GM and Scotty giving him advice etc - all of which leads to him being groomed to take over at 15.
Both Tait and Halfpenny could play anywhere in the back 3.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

vin rouge wrote:surely halfpenny if he went anywhere would go to France- he could earn a fortune there?
He may well do - but Tigers will be able to offer him fair whack as well as the ability to travel easily to Wales training which has proved an issue for other Welsh players. He would also match our work ethic brilliantly from what I've read about him.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Information:
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jo%C3%ABl_Koffi

Birth 7 November 1984 (28 years)
Size 1.89 m (6 ' 2 " )
Weight 105 kg (231 lb )
Position flanker

Previous clubs:
.AS Béziers
.Dax
.U.S. Montauban
.U.S. Carcassonne

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&si ... BeI-8MciEY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtSsdy2CCLQ
Carries the ball at 1:20, 2:06 and gets involved in a ruck at 3:25 (black 7)

Looks like a big ball carrying 7 to me, almost like a more masculine Tom Varndell. Cockers will be pleased1 :smt003
Bud
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bud »

We talk transfers with Stuart from the Leicester Tigers Ultra SubMarines blog on Episode 22 of The Crumbie Podcast http://www.thecrumbiepodcast.com
Ed
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Tom Guest on twitter has stated that Gloucester have confirmed the signing of Matt Kvesic.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

Joel Koffi mentioned as a potential target and the signing of David Mele from Perpignan is also confirmed there.

Credit to Tiggs from another forum.
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

Anyone heard anything relating to TTTE's big bro Scott?

I recall some talk last season of him being linked with Tigers.
Now, I've not seen or heard anything lately, but I think he has been released by the Chiefs. He may be considered too old, but he fits the profile of being a reliable back-up for Salvi, and would bring some much needed nous.
PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by PM76 »

MurphysLaw wrote:Anyone heard anything relating to TTTE's big bro Scott?

I recall some talk last season of him being linked with Tigers.
Now, I've not seen or heard anything lately, but I think he has been released by the Chiefs. He may be considered too old, but he fits the profile of being a reliable back-up for Salvi, and would bring some much needed nous.
Scott Waldrom has been ruled out of the Super Rugby season with a foot injury so I doubt we'll be seeing him at Tigers. Agree that he, or someone like Daniel Braid, would be perfect as an extra 7. Similar back up at either 10 or in the back three would be great!!

Losing Newby, Murphy and (possibly) Hamilton makes Tigers much less experienced and having some who can put their foot on the ball (so to speak) would be perfect.

Gibson was reported as a definite by Simon Ward on the Rugby Show on Weds so expect him to be coming.
Jay C
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jay C »

Gibson great shout - to replace Jooste & Thorpe I guess (I would like to see Noone & B.Deacon kept on)

Backup 10 & 3(for Castro) also being sought according to reports in Mercury - pretty much sorted for next year if we can find these players IMO. Cockers wants non-English qualified to ensure we don't lose them during the season - fair point IMO (shame though - surely its time for Prem to suspend matches during international windows?)
old one eye
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by old one eye »

James Scaysbrook to remain a Chief according to the rugby paper. Despite rumours that he was wanted by Leicester?
Did anyone hear this one?
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

old one eye wrote:James Scaysbrook to remain a Chief according to the rugby paper. Despite rumours that he was wanted by Leicester?
Did anyone hear this one?
I heard a few guys talking about this rumour when I was on the terrace on Saturday
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

http://blogs.espnscrum.com/Rumour-Mill/ ... _to_ti.php

Lamb added to the ins.

Personally, you won't see a better 2nd/3rd choice combination than Bowden and Lamb in the premiership.

The blubbing on the Ryan Lamb thread really betrays a lack of recent knowledge of him as a player.