Ford to Bath and other reports

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Ford to Bath and other reports

Post by bluntiger »

The other difference between the Ford situation and the Twelvetrees situation is their age. Twelvetrees was 22 when he left, George is only 19!
Always a Tiger
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

The Boy Dave wrote:I had a feeling this would be released by the club via their puppets this week if we won against Toulouse! Politics at it's very best. Survival of the most maipulative, deliver bad news whilst on a high!

Nice to know that if we had lost the Toulouse match then all would be rosy with Tigers and GF
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Phil B wrote:
bluntiger wrote:
BJ. wrote:I'm not saying you're wrong but have a read of this. Let's see what happens in March.
I did read that BJ, but they have to say that to not be seen contravening the rules and being punished for doing so. The statement is just an exercise in backside-covering!

That's being too kind in my book. If he ends up going to Bath, then I for one will assume that Gold's statement was somewhat lacking in the whole truth and nothing but the truth. There's too much going on here to think anything else.
Gold may well be telling the truth, and it is George Ford's father who is setting the agenda. How that sits with the regulations I don't know.
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by daktari »

sapajo wrote:Martin Crowson has just tweeted the following quotes from RC

Cockerill "The advice George Ford was getting from his father and his agent was that he needs to leave and be playing every week."
Sounds like Ford snr has a conflict of interest there - clubs aren't supposed to have tapped him (GF) up, club has strongly denied it but he has taken advice from his dad....who works for said club..hmm....
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 19, coming ....er not sure..
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

Nice to know that if we had lost the Toulouse match then all would be rosy with Tigers and GF
Perfect timing all round, for some anyway. I canno't for the life of me understand why this could not have been kept quiet until the March cut off point for under 20 players as that still gives two months of negotiating time! It's all about the politics and keeping the masses down. Hang on in as long as you can and make as much dollar as possible!
Cheery chappy
PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by PM76 »

sapajo wrote:Martin Crowson has just tweeted the following quotes from RC

Cockerill "The advice George Ford was getting from his father and his agent was that he needs to leave and be playing every week."

AND

Cockerill "George Ford does not want to play for this club next season. That's it. We move on.
Cheeky dig at Daddy from Cockers. So it seems GF is off to be "first choice" somewhere!!
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

PM76 wrote:Cheeky dig at Daddy from Cockers. So it seems GF is off to be "first choice" somewhere!!
I wonder what Heathcote will make of all this? And he is a year older than Ford.
Always a Tiger
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

There could, of course, be some credence to be given to both statements. As Gold points out, Bath don't actually need a No 10, whereas others - most notably Saints - do (badly). And there's plenty of Tigers old boys who GF knows well there.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

There could, of course, be some credence to be given to both statements. As Gold points out, Bath don't actually need a No 10, whereas others - most notably Saints - do (badly). And there's plenty of Tigers old boys who GF knows well there.
I think that Saints is the more likely destination at this point. I recall it was a hot topic last year. Didn't some on here declare it would happen? Regarding Heathcote at Bath I believe he is under contract next season and also being a part of the Scotland sqaud he has many options open to him should he do well.
Cheery chappy
TigrisLeicesteris
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigrisLeicesteris »

From the horses mouth via Mr Crowson

Martin Crowson (@martin_crowson)
23/01/2013 15:47
Cockerill on Ford: "I have been told by George and his advisors that he is going to go and sign for Bath." @LeicesterTigers @premrugby

Sent from my iPhone
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
Voltaire

"Morné Steyn is awaited in Paris like the Messiah or a new generation of Apple smartphone" Ze Stade Fan
physiodan
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by physiodan »

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/G ... story.html

The story and official press release.
physiodan
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by physiodan »

BJ. wrote:
bluntiger wrote:I would put money that he will be at Bath next year and that it is already a done deal.
I'm not saying you're wrong but have a read of this. Let's see what happens in March.
I think we can see what's happening in Feb BJ.
PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by PM76 »

So if Gary Gold said Bath weren't allowed to talk to George yet how can Cockers have been told GF will sign for Bath?? :smt017 :smt017

Wouldn't mind seeing Heathcote at Tigers an excellent young 10 who has been unlucky to be behind Donald. Can't believe Heathcote will be pleased about it but maybe he's off somewhere, actually I'd imagine Donald is off to further his pension!

Cockers is right though picking on merit is the way to do it. And generally he does!
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

Gold is supposed to have said:

"But unfortunately he falls under the England Under-20 remit and nobody is allowed to speak to him - not us, not anybody - and it's irrelevant that his father is here."

Well, (assuming he was not misquoted, and told the truth) we know where Mr Gold stands in the hierachy. Very low down. Poor bloke.
I could agree with you...but then we'd both be wrong.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Phil B wrote:Gold is supposed to have said:

"But unfortunately he falls under the England Under-20 remit and nobody is allowed to speak to him - not us, not anybody - and it's irrelevant that his father is here."

Well, (assuming he was not misquoted, and told the truth) we know where Mr Gold stands in the hierachy. Very low down. Poor bloke.
Smoke and mirrors! I suspect we may never know the truth concerning this affair?
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity