Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Toulon may move the game

Post by WiggoTiger »

WhitecapTiger wrote:
h's dad wrote:It's also noteworthy that Saracens apparently want to play a home game at their home ground :smt003
Which one's that then? :smt017 :smt002
Take your pick from....Vicarage Road, STadium M:K or Wembley. They probably state Twickenham as a home ground aswell!!
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

WiggoTiger wrote:
WhitecapTiger wrote:
h's dad wrote:It's also noteworthy that Saracens apparently want to play a home game at their home ground :smt003
Which one's that then? :smt017 :smt002
Take your pick from....Vicarage Road, STadium M:K or Wembley. They probably state Twickenham as a home ground aswell!!
MetLife Stadium in New York, Cape Town, Belgium.....
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

They're wanting to play the match in Barnet on the plastic pitch. Read all about it.

BTW, the article says it's 15K minimum capacity for a 1/4 final.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Zdzislaw

Post by Zdzislaw »

Whitecap Tiger is correct. Stadium capacity requirments apply only to semi-final. When Tigers played HC quarter finals at the Walkers it was because they elected to do so (anticipated ticket demand).
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

Just out of interest, I understand that the Marseilles football ground is undergoing massive redevelopment at the moment. That does not make it impossible to move the game there,(as my friend made no mention of the ground being closed) but I suspect that it would not be an ideal choice.
I could agree with you...but then we'd both be wrong.
champanzie
Silver Member
Silver Member

Toulon away

Post by champanzie »

Just wondering whether Tigers will be doing an away travel package thing for this game?
Anyone know roughly how much it will be?
Come on you tigers!
Pam.B

Re: Toulon away

Post by Pam.B »

JerryGas

Post by JerryGas »

Just spotted a tweet on the ERC Rugby website that dates, venues for both the H cup and the Amlin will be announced on Thursday.
Jerry, Crumbie terrace season ticket holder from South Glos.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/M ... story.html

5 So where will the quarter- final be played? Toulon have an incredible record at their Stade Felix Mayol Stadium but the ground holds just 14,700 people and European Rugby Cup (ERC) require a minimum of 15,000-capacity venues for quarter-finals. Tigers would also have to be offered 25 per cent of any tickets.

Built in the centre of the city and surrounded by high-rise buildings, there would be little scope to expand the ground much above 15,000.

As a result, a move looks more than a distinct possibility with Monaco, Lyon and Marseille all possibilities.

Once more the figure of 15k raises it's head. It's the figure I've always known, worked to and quoted.....but I STILL can't find it officially :smt017 oh well
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Rinzler
Tiger Cub

Post by Rinzler »

Here's a story with Northampton moving their game to MK a few seasons back. Again not an official list of criteria but its from the ERC website so I would at least class it as case law;

http://www.ercrugby.com/eng/news/13655.php#.UP6e8Sd9KuI
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

Maybe in Geneva?
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

So Quins are playing their 1/4 final at the Stoop against Munster & their ground capacity is just under 15,000 so good luck getting a ticket to that game!
http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,2588 ... 38,00.html
Expect Toulon to come to same conclusion IMHO :smt023
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

WhitecapTiger wrote:http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/M ... story.html

5 So where will the quarter- final be played? Toulon have an incredible record at their Stade Felix Mayol Stadium but the ground holds just 14,700 people and European Rugby Cup (ERC) require a minimum of 15,000-capacity venues for quarter-finals. Tigers would also have to be offered 25 per cent of any tickets.

Built in the centre of the city and surrounded by high-rise buildings, there would be little scope to expand the ground much above 15,000.

As a result, a move looks more than a distinct possibility with Monaco, Lyon and Marseille all possibilities.

Once more the figure of 15k raises it's head. It's the figure I've always known, worked to and quoted.....but I STILL can't find it officially :smt017 oh well
Monaco would be brilliant. The Stade Louis II stadium is a beautiful looking stadium. Holds 18,500, so still fairly compact.

Plus Monaco is a great place to visit.

I don't want to think about the price of the night out afterwards though :smt037
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Does it not have to be played in France?
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

Why would Toulon want to move the match? They hardly need the money do they, Tigers won't take that many over there so enough tickets & minimum inconvenience for their fans.