Ford to Bath and other reports

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Ford to Bath and other reports

Post by jgriffin »

The Rugby Paper reports Ford to Bath as a forgone conclusion, we're enquiring about Myler (Myler???) and Saracens are after the hottest property in 9s, old Kahn-age from Ospreys (cap? what cap?).
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Ford to Bath and other reports

Post by PM76 »

It would be very disappointing to lose Ford but Myler would be a good replacement- a solid kicker who does the basics well, Saints got to a HC final with him at 10 after all. Scott is supposedly off to Japan and we are looking at Poff, the Wasps 7, who would be an excellent signing IMO, he is the only player I have seen dominate Salvi at the breakdown in the Prem. I would rather have Kvesic but we can't have it all. Although if Sarries sign Fotuali'i then it appears they can!!
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

With Ford it really is up to him as I presuem we want to keep him & have made a decent offer, the problem is not getting him to sign a longer deal earlier, think he is going to the wrong club if he is moving.

Poff would be a good Newby type signing, he just gets in the opposition way somehow, Training with McCaw??

Removing Dead Wood should be high up the priority list this off season.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote:Removing Dead Wood should be high up the priority list this off season.
Who do you have in this category?
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Which position does Dead Wood play, not seen him on the team sheet this season. Is he another long term injured player?? :smt017 :smt017
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

What other pack would you want to play behind?

Perhaps they should ask Wilko if he fancies a winding down season at Welford Road whilst he contemplates his future?
Pam.B

Post by Pam.B »

WiggoTiger wrote:Which position does Dead Wood play, not seen him on the team sheet this season. Is he another long term injured player?? :smt017 :smt017
He plays every week - just in different positions.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Pam.B wrote:
WiggoTiger wrote:Which position does Dead Wood play, not seen him on the team sheet this season. Is he another long term injured player?? :smt017 :smt017
mmmm alias for BY, TF, Manu, AT, CG, Bowden, GF, JG etc .... I get it!!
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

Of course Dead Wood is leaving - haven't you heard - his "stage is coming on over the hill" - must be true Doris Day sez so.
Last edited by DickyP on Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

WiggoTiger wrote:
Pam.B wrote:
mmmm alias for BY, TF, Manu, AT, CG, Bowden, GF, JG etc .... I get it!!
er....if I was on Tigers books I would be DeadWood ...probably the former. As it is they didn't want a 61-year-old mediocre ex-12 with megasciatica and a knee awaiting arthroscopy in Feb...despite the fact it didn't bother them with Tait or Benjamin.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

jgriffin wrote:er....if I was on Tigers books I would be DeadWood ...probably the former. As it is they didn't want a 61-year-old mediocre ex-12 with megasciatica and a knee awaiting arthroscopy in Feb...despite the fact it didn't bother them with Tait or Benjamin.
But JG if, for whatever desperate need in a desperate hour you were called upon I would hope you would give your all and when done would be thanked for your commitment and service and not cast away with WRFC’s soubriquet.
jamiewilkinson

Post by jamiewilkinson »

As said before, if he is unwilling to fight for a place, which would help him progress, then he needs to leave.
At this current time, I don't feel we would miss him. Yes he had potential, but he has had enough game time to prove his worth this season, but unfortunately he hasn't taken his chances. IMO of course.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

My point was we have people within the squad who rarely play & to be honest are not good enough or in some cases never will be to play for us, we let these players go & identify shortfalls within the squad & decide have we got a player in the Academy who might fill thsi gap or do we recruit?

In this area (maybe not Dead Wood) Forsyth, Symons, Andrew, Brookes, Harris, Bower.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote:My point was we have people within the squad who rarely play & to be honest are not good enough or in some cases never will be to play for us, we let these players go & identify shortfalls within the squad & decide have we got a player in the Academy who might fill thsi gap or do we recruit?

In this area (maybe not Dead Wood) Forsyth, Symons, Andrew, Brookes, Harris, Bower.
I think half of these are out on loan, hopefully minimising the cost to the club whilst keeping them in reserve. The others have had significant injuries playing for Tigers and/or not had time to prove themselves.
harry broggers
Tiger Cub

Post by harry broggers »

Isn't it a bit premature to talk about retiring the lad, he's barely finished with puberty and you speak of sending him to the Tigers retirement home (aka Bath Rugby) :smt017
Harry Broggers
I'm typing & thinking at the same time......does it show?