Tigers Catering Feedback.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

shilts

Re: Tigers Catering Feedback.

Post by shilts »

The only difference of course is the attendance. Catering for up to 12000 week on week is very different for catering for 17 to 24k. I'm not sure who does the catering at Worcester but it might be interesting to get a second opinion.

Yes but not all 17,000 to 24k eat or drink in the ground. As much as I like Welford road the bars and food stalls are rubbish. For this reason I go to the chip shop over the road for a decent fish and chips and bring them in like so many others, and then go onto the pubs for a decent pint. Trouble is I don't think you listen to your customers and continue to price hike with out increasing quality

:smt030
Tom Tom
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tom Tom »

Good fast service in the final whistle today pre match.
Slightly older servers rather than the mostly useless students that we have been made to suffer with.
You see it can be done.
Why has it taken so long to get it organised when everyone on here has been offering this very solution.
pipkoi

Post by pipkoi »

Marks Bar very busy, queues generally seemed ok but issues with Tiger beer early on - too warm Git sorted eventually I think though all beer looked lacking in a good head
Pip
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

ABC bar prior to kickoff was atrocious....sorry to say. Coolers broke on the pumps and whilst the supervisor was advising those customers not to buy unless they wanted warm beer it was still a farce. I was happy (under circumstances) to drink 'warm' beer - doesn't happen often - but then when I refused to pay for a pint of 'froth' i was advised I should pay...not on your nelly. Bottled beer was ordered and I then showed the staff how to pour a beer without ending up with a 6 foot head!!! Not the fault of the individual bar staff - who obviously had little or no training - but a poor show.

Reminded me why I never usually drink in the ground. Had a number of first time guests with me today and it was a bit embarrassing to say the least.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

It has alwasy been the issue, too many young students who are there for a quick buck....no real interest in the catering trade. Training is lacking across the board one feels.....had two hot drinks at the ABC bar and it took 10 mins for each one to be poured. Very poor service!! :smt013
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
Tiger_Dad

Post by Tiger_Dad »

Thank you for the feedback. Considering there were 24000 I thought the bars (ABC/ Mark/ Captains) coped pretty well.

There was a long queue at HT on the Mark for hot beverages but they did seem to get through it before KO

WiggoTiger - Sorry for your 20 minute wait. That is clearly unacceptable. Can you elaborate as to why it took 10 mins per drink to pour?
Northenlad

Post by Northenlad »

I particularly enjoyed standing at the Upper CAT Food and Beer counter on the Aylestone Road side listening to a power-crazy supervisor bawl out three members of staff whilst completely ignoring me. After a couple of minutes I enquired as to whether or not the feedback could be provided in a less public area and after I had got my food and beer so I could return to the game!

I coach people on how (and where) to give feedback! This young lady was just on a power trip!

On a positive note, the pre-pour worked well at the Guinness Bar (before the game)in the Upper Cat, the pie and sausage roll were hot and tasty and the Guinness was good quality upstairs and the hand-pulled Tiger was good quality downstairs!

A significant improvement! Let's just hope it wasn't a blip of good fortune!
If winning isn't everything, why do they bother keeping score?
CP46

Post by CP46 »

First visit yesterday and what a game !
On a catering note though, the CAT stand was a bit of a mess - with four outlets all selling food & drinks, there's multi-buyers in each queue - separate food & drink and it might flow faster - we bought hot drinks from a food outlet pre-match which was a slow process but then a different smaller food outlet at half time - much faster at half time than pre-match at the full food outlet selling pies etc. Didn't try the Final Whistle but looked busy - younger staff need good training and supervision (not being balled out in public!) - at a risk to turnover, you could drop the two mini Tigers shops and make them soft/hot drink venues (put the merchandise on moveable units in the exit concourse for those not wanting to brave the shop - which by the way has a very good queuing system and we were in and out in no time despite how busy it was - roaring trade in head gear yesterday - so something there food sellers should note) Nothing wrong with mobile hot drink units either in this weather aka seat service on trains (but don;t forget to stir the hot chocolate - sticks like :censored: when already in the cup damp)
Overall a good experience but we'll stick with Nandos for pre-match lunches - arrived 1.15pm, 5-10 minutes to wait for a table, 5-10 minute queue to order, food arrived in another 10 minutes and were done and out by 2pm heading for the stadium - very busy but worked well - others waited longer due to party size but thats the risk you take when the place is full of Tigers fans
Catering companies at the stadium should look around at other fast food outlets, what works and what doesn't work - so should the catering manager - you run a very successful events company - what input have they had to it all?
Got to keep your fans happy and less grief on forum feedback with increased sales will be the result!
benn

Post by benn »

Had no problem getting 2 rounds of drinks at the Final Whistle before the game (2pm and 2.30pm), Guinness had been pre poured and didn't even have to queue.
Long may this continue..
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Had a strange experience before game in Mark bar, ordered pint Guinness, no problem, noticed about half dozen 3/4 full prepoured beers on the rear counter, then noticed a lady carrying 4 prepoured guinesses in one of those cardboard carry trays, she came from customer side of bar handed the beers over to the sales staff, were they being prepoured elsewhere, if so why only 4 at a time and why only about 7/8 th full, a Frenchman was handed one of these part pints, which had a very strange head on it, it wanted topping up, he looked at it very strangely before walking away with it, but how do you top up these pints when the pumps deliver in half pint measures. Sorry but one of the staff had clearly never set eyes on an alcoholic drink before.
jack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jack »

They didn't palm off the poor French guy with a very badly poured half in a pint glass did they?
Tigers - true Champions!
Bundy

Post by Bundy »

Hopefully it's not just a fluke but the bar service in both the Cat Stand and the Captain's bar was a great improvement at yesterday's game - fingers crossed! :smt038
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Service in Mark Bar excellent also.
Still keeping the faith!
Northenlad

Post by Northenlad »

Credit where credit is due! We never queued for more than 5 minutes for a beer either before, during or after the game.

Much improved service.

Thank you.
If winning isn't everything, why do they bother keeping score?
Tigerpete

Post by Tigerpete »

Well, what can I say. Upper Cat stand, the pizza and the Guinness bars where excellent. Lots of people, some older for a change, behind the counter and didn't have to wait. Keep it up Tigers...