World darts

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

World darts

Post by MrPartridge »

Anyone watching this?

Caught a few games on TV over the last few nights and you have to credit Sky for what they have done to make [mostly] fat blokes throwing small objects at a board into a really entertaining event.

I watched the King v Winstanley game last night and it was solid sporting drama. Don't get me wrong, I can't sit in front of the TV for hours at a time, but I can't think of another sport that has done such a good job in the last 10 years to promote itself. Apparently they have sponsors queuing round the block for events, tickets for big tournaments and the Premier League sell like hot cakes and they now have an established group of household names beyond Phil Taylor...

And all in an era without Jim Bowen on a Sunday night!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Re: World darts

Post by Kinoulton »

The lesson is that sports like cricket and rugby should do the absolute maximum to expose themselves on free to air TV. Hiding sport on expensive channels like SKY and ESPN limits exposure to the unconverted.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
old one eye
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: World darts

Post by old one eye »

The darts are great.
The audience is terrible.