Soccer. There's always one idiot.

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Soccer. There's always one idiot.

Post by Kinoulton »

Football showed it's rare good side yesterday with three cracking games yesterday with good football, no wining or diving, refreshingly honest and generous quotes from managers Moyes and Ferguson, and players toning down their celebrations after scoring against their former clubs.

But every back page today contains only one story. Ferdinand's head cut after some nutter in the crowd through a coin.

Why didn't those presumably more advanced specimens around grab the yob and take him to the police?
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Re: Soccer. There's always one idiot.

Post by h's dad »

Possibly because there was likely more than one yob, quite a few coins, the thrower of the particular coin could not be identified and the specimens around the yob were of a similar level?

Just speculating.

Glad to hear of the positivity and generosity from the managers. I know little about the game or the people involved but have long thought of Moyes as one of the more decent in his trade.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

I have second hand knowledge of Moyes and despite his scary Nookie Bear eyes I know that there is a little lad in his neighbourhood who is enoroursly cheered up my Moyes's unselfish attention.

Not just money, although he's chucked in a fair amount of dosh, but genuine treats and support that only he could deliver personally.

But that's my point. The media, even the supposedly respectable serious Torygraph and Newsnight, can't be bothered and prefer to rake the muck like some Man City idiot lobbing a coin.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Kinoulton wrote:But every back page today contains only one story. Ferdinand's head cut after some nutter in the crowd through a coin.
Alas, that's what sells tomorrow's chips' wrappers.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

What's amazing me this morning is the case of Matthew Stott, the Man City fan who ran on to the pitch to confront Rio Ferdinand but was stopped by Joe Hart. The BBC is reporting Stott has had his season ticket revoked and will be banned for life if found guilty of pitch encroachment in court.

IF FOUND GUILTY? How can he be not guilty with all the video and photographic evidence? Perhaps he might claim someone else threw him on to the pitch?
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Ooh I picked the wrong spelling of threw.
From what I know of FA procedures the pitch invader will be banned for life from all domestic games and will havehis passport confiscated before all England away games.

Hanging the t*t is not within the FA'a powers.

Given that Cantona was imprisoned for kicking a racist thug it will be interesting to see how this bloke is sentenced.
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

did Cantona serve a prison sentence though? I thought it was overturned on appeal and he did community service. may be wrong.
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

I don't know about "Soccer. There's always one idiot." - I thought it required 22 plus 3 officials.
:smt023
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

There are consumate professionals who have done football proud. People like Shearer and Pearce who never drank or misbehaved (well Shearer alledgely beat up a player who was drunk and disordely), Beckham and Shilton who throughout the height of their careers continued to train all afternoon with the apprentices.

But then you get the notorious Leeds idiots who used to ponce around upsetting my daughter and her mates and beat up a Pakistani lad and that's what creates the image.
Skin_and_Muscle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Skin_and_Muscle »

Kinoulton wrote:There are consumate professionals who have done football proud. People like Shearer and Pearce who never drank or misbehaved (well Shearer alledgely beat up a player who was drunk and disordely), Beckham and Shilton who throughout the height of their careers continued to train all afternoon with the apprentices.

But then you get the notorious Leeds idiots who used to ponce around upsetting my daughter and her mates and beat up a Pakistani lad and that's what creates the image.
Exactly. You can see this played out just at the weekend. Joe Hart is another true professional. He's level headed and articulate in interviews; gets on with his job (and to a high standard) even if he's taking flack from his manager; not willing to let an opposition player be intimidated by his own fans but this is ultimately buried by the focus on said fans' behaviour.
DaveRave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveRave »

Is that the same Alan Shearer who - when the professional foul was introduced - turned falling over and getting the defender sent off into an art form?
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Shearer was a diver all right!

I was referring to his off the field antics where his behaviour was very good.