England match - Toby injured, Robshaw brain-dead.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

jgriffin
Super User
Super User

England match - Toby injured, Robshaw brain-dead.

Post by jgriffin »

Toby just gone off - appears to be injured - England's saviour Farrell is on,
How cruel was that Saffa try? Alberts 3m offside, but an England touch played him on!
Last edited by jgriffin on Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Toby injured in England match

Post by TigerLad »

Why oh why is Farrell even in the squad? Why not have Burns who is the premierships player of the month? What the flip is Robshaw doing kicking with 1 minute left?
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

That is the world cup gone then. :smt013 Can't see why you would kick at goal when you are behind by 4 with a minute left. IDIOTIC :smt013
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Wrong decision last week, wrong decision this week. Farrell useless except to kick. MOTM for England Cole or Tuilagi. Prat of the match Robshaw.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Re: England match - Toby injured, Robshaw brain-dead.

Post by G.K »

Robshaw - what a complete :censored:. He's too slow and dull to catch a cold!

I can see we are are going to have yet another 3 years of this garbage with Lancaster and Farrell before the cycle starts all over again.

England looked like they could have played until Monday without scoring a try.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Nailsworthstiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nailsworthstiger »

Yep wrong decision by Robshaw but when Owens gave us the penalty there were about 2.5 mins to go. Farrrell seemed to take an eternity to kick it so the clock went against us. Again with the restart lady luck was against us as was the try. But that is sport. Win some loose some, it's just that we seem to loose more than we win these days.

MOTM for England I thought was between Launchbury, Parling & Morgan.
PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by PM76 »

jgriffin wrote:Wrong decision last week, wrong decision this week. Farrell useless except to kick. MOTM for England Cole or Tuilagi. Prat of the match Robshaw.
Completely agree, Parling and Goode were excellent too, thought Wood, Youngs, Morgan and Launchberry justified their inclusions. Robbed by a dodgy try and Floody's missed kicks- the question is whether he was injured from the early collsion?? Hopefully he's not out for too long but the prospect of Farrell starting vs. the All Blacks does not fill me with hope. Poor decision from Robshaw, Haskell should get a start next week but I can't see Bomber dropping his captain.
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Totally disagree. Stroke of genius by Robshaw. The penalty by Farrell in the 79th minute ensured a vital bonus point. :smt048
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

I think Farrell was as stunned as the rest of us by Robshaw's call. Nevertheless at least Sarries loving Sky brigade are finally questioning what England are doing having an out of form, inexperienced fly half on the bench when there is another kid who is bang in form (Burns).

Robshaw compounded his mistake by then asking the ref if he could change his mind! He had a better game as a 7 compared to last week - however he was completely anonymous against Australia. Until he went off I was wondering if Flood was the real captain.

Not convinced that Brown is a winger and that Lancaster has to make the call between Brown and Goode at full back. When Foden is fit he has the gas to play on the wing but I'm not sure that Brown has. I think Manu's break that he passed to Ashton might well have resulted in a try if an out and out winger was on hand.
Tom Youngs had a mare with his throw ins which spoiled his best performances for England so far. Both Corbisero and Vunipola looked far better in the scrum than Marler did the week before.

I thought Parling had a fine game, as did Launchbury both showing physicality in the loose and I doubt either is going to hand over their starts to Lawes very easily.

Manu did what he does with the ball he got, but he needs a genuine inside centre to allow him to play. Barritt tackles everything but, like his team mate Farrell, doesn't seem to offer an attacking threat and stifles Manu outside him.
MJ Chairman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MJ Chairman »

Tigers tweeted that Flood has a toe injury, having a scan tomorrow.
SimonP in Surrey

Post by SimonP in Surrey »

Overall much better for England and they should actually have won ... Just !

More ambition and commitment but kicking still not accurate enough and need to sort out the line out throwing and tactics.

Launchbury getting better by the day and Parling was good too.

Thought Asgton could have pinned his ears back rather than risk long pass as Brown too far away.

Manu good a couple if times and shoud ave been given the ball when we got close late on rather than kick.

Burns needs to be tried soon !!!!

Foden, Ashton and Wade back three coud be tried and 12T of course instead of Barritt
PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by PM76 »

MJ Chairman wrote:Tigers tweeted that Flood has a toe injury, having a scan tomorrow.
Not broken according to Crowson on twitter but there is a problem with his big toe, doesn't sound too bad but I'm no medical expert and the scan will reveal more.

England are much more open with their injury news than Cockers so we should get a pretty good idea about it.
RWA
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by RWA »

Simon P...spot on ! Lancaster has a tough decision to make. This set of players are not good enough. I support Flood of course, but he's had 50 caps and has not really done anything. He's not consistent enough when place kicking, his kicking out of hand has been poor, giving possession away needlessly and although I take my hat off to him for playing so flat, it's not working. We're going to lose to the Blacks, unless there is a massive food poisoning epidemic in the NZ camp, where all their squad a wiped out and the Maori have to stand in. So do we stick with what we've got ? I'd like to see a back line of Youngs/Burns/Twelvetrees/Joseph with wings Wade/Biggs and Goode at 15. I'm not sure how an earlier poster can give Manu or Cole man of the match ? Cole was solid and Manu did little apart from a couple of runs.Parling and Launchbury were joint man of the match. Launchbury is a real find and didn't look out of place in the Test arena. Parling had his best England performance to date in my opinion. He was prominent in the loose and ran the lineout pretty well.
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

RWA spot on -though would keep Manu in place of Joseph---he just needs someone to free up some space....
And that someone certainly isnt Flood--not good enough-Farrell-a :censored: International embarrassment-and Barritt-ditto...
Burns has to start next week-with either Wade Varndell or Biggs on the wings. We have nothing to lose.....
PS --please somebody put some ecoli in Robshaws food on Friday. How the hell did he become an International let alone Captain.....
RWA
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by RWA »

I like Robshaw, he's a decent player, leader and captain. This problem has been created by Lancaster giving players as well as Robshaw "leadership" responsibility on the field. Flood is one of them, not sure about the others although would suspect Barritt & Wood probably. We have one captain, he makes the decisions.