Poor Ref today

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Re: Poor Ref today

Post by jgriffin »

Rubbish all round. Tigers weren't good enough. There is a huge amount of evidence that there are serious faults in coaching and selection as well as serious strengths. The most serious strength is the spirit, the most serious fault is the lack of Plan B.
We also came up against a side in transformation, coached by a seriously good coach. Davies, like Jones and Young, have not been flavour of the year in the reign of Gatland - move them away and you see their quality.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
yellow_balaclava_hunter
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by yellow_balaclava_hunter »

jgriffin wrote:Rubbish all round. Tigers weren't good enough. There is a huge amount of evidence that there are serious faults in coaching and selection as well as serious strengths. The most serious strength is the spirit, the most serious fault is the lack of Plan B.
We also came up against a side in transformation, coached by a seriously good coach. Davies, like Jones and Young, have not been flavour of the year in the reign of Gatland - move them away and you see their quality.
Rubbish. No plan B can counteract persistent offside which is why being offside is illegal.
Excuse me. Where do I get a yellow balaclava from?
I asked Gavin Henson if they sold them at Matalan but he said they didn't because they messed his hair up.
Broadstaff

Post by Broadstaff »

[/quote]Rubbish. No plan B can counteract persistent offside which is why being offside is illegal.[/quote]

Have just replayed the video and, as I thought at the time, Gloucester were not offside today.
Last edited by Broadstaff on Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Broadstaff

Post by Broadstaff »

Rubbish. No plan B can counteract persistent offside which is why being offside is illegal.
Have just replayed the video and, as I thought at the time, Gloucester were not offside today.
yellow_balaclava_hunter
Gold Member
Gold Member

Broadstaff wrote:
You must be blind.
I asked Gavin Henson if they sold them at Matalan but he said they didn't because they messed his hair up.
Broadstaff

Post by Broadstaff »

yellow_balaclava_hunter wrote:
Broadstaff wrote:
You must be blind.
No, not at all. If you have a chance to look at the video identify when you think they were offside and I'll have another look. Couldn't see it at first viewing. Sorry.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Broadstaff wrote:
yellow_balaclava_hunter wrote:[quote="BroadstaffHave just replayed the video and, as I thought at the time, Gloucester were not offside today.
You must be blind.
Seems YBH is blind in the fact they are looking for excuses.

Lets all face it we were absoulutely :censored: today and lost to the a superior team. :smt022
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

1) They had us in the backs, no doubt
2) We had them in the scrum, most of the time
3) yes, Youngs had a tough time upto about 50 minutes and then got it right (and don't forget Mafi pinched several of theirs)
4) JPD and his 2 merry men failed to spot two forward passes so gifting Glaws 10 pts - 3 on 47 mins courtesy of Burns' boot but rewind about 2 minutes to a real big forward pass, and then a 7 when JSD released to Qera on our 22 and he took it almost on 21 metres - and that's never mind the crossing!
5) Cowan should have been sent off about 5 minutes from the end for drop kicking the ball away and 4071 is right - he kept the ball in that scrum with his boot
6) Both sides played dross at times but never stopped trying to go forward which made it yet another exciting Glaws/Tigers game
7) Looking forward to the return at Xmas.....
Tigerpete

Post by Tigerpete »

If we keep giving the opposition 7 or 10 points start before we start playing then today's result should be expected. Nothing to do with the Ref, just beaten on the day by the better side.....
RWA
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by RWA »

- beaten by the better side
- Dan Cole is superb
- Harrison isn't good enough
- JP Doyle had a shocker (waited too long to yellow card)
- the overlap is simple but we can't manage to use it
- Flood looks ordinary without Youngs
- I'm really hacked off
yellow_balaclava_hunter
Gold Member
Gold Member

Com
WiggoTiger wrote:
Broadstaff wrote:
yellow_balaclava_hunter wrote:[quote="BroadstaffHave just replayed the video and, as I thought at the time, Gloucester were not offside today.
You must be blind.
Seems YBH is blind in the fact they are looking for excuses.

Lets all face it we were absoulutely :censored: today and lost to the a superior team. :smt022
Complete rubbish. There is a serious problem in rugby with referees failing to penalise offside in rucks. This has been going on for years not juat in this game. Therefore I am not looking for excuses I am complaining about something that is ruining the game and needs to be sorted out.

We were not :censored: today we were in the game all of the way through.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

RWA wrote:- beaten by the better side
- Dan Cole is superb
- Harrison isn't good enough
- JP Doyle had a shocker (waited too long to yellow card)
- the overlap is simple but we can't manage to use it
- Flood looks ordinary without Youngs
- I'm really hacked off
Looking for the like button again.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

Tigers failed to win today not because of the ref, even though I've said he didn't have a good game, they didn't win because for 10 minutes they couldn't capitalise on the fact they were playing against 13 men, and they only managed the bonus point because of that. If Glaws had kept 15 on the field I really don't believe Tigers would have got the LBP,the gap was already too big to claw back.Nowt so blind as those that cannot see.
RWA
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by RWA »

Back again !

- Harrison really does serve up some rubbish. Anyone who thinks he had a good game must please visit SpecSavers immediately. Some good stretching however for Toby Flood, who had to take several passes off his toes (taken very well I might add) and quite a few from about 10 foot in the air (again, well taken). Like I said, Ben Youngs is a very dangerous player, he attracts defenders so Flood can play as flat as a pancake and has more time to look at options. Without that (like he had yesterday), he gets too easily flustered, kicks ball away and although makes the odd break, isn't even half the player. So what do you do when you've a scrum inside the opposition 22m area, when you can see that the tide is turning and that Gloucester are getting the 'nudge' ? What you do is, you get the ball in and OUT as quickly as possible. What you don't do is leave the 8 to control it and then ultimately lose it ! That passage of play was unbelievable and right in front of where I was sat, I pulled out several clumps of hair, much to the amusement of the Glaws faithful sat in and around me.

- I'm a coach, so ask me about what Gloucester's strengths are - I don't care, I'm going to tell you anyway !! ...Gloucester are a solid unit, reasonable in the forwards, hard-working with decent half-backs but they come to life if you give them open-field situations. So that would be kicking the ball aimlessly into the Gloucester half and inviting them to counter-attack. I mean, it's not like Sinbad and Sharples need a second chance do they. So second half, things are ticking along and we're edging our way back into the game and there's a sequence of play where we kick to them, they kick to us....then Geordan Murphy goes down clutching his knee....the trainer comes on - ALERT ALERT !! full back is out of the equation !!! ALERT ALERT ! So the sensible thing to do would be to (Scotty Hamilton), to hoof the ball into Row Z of the C&G or whatever it's called now stand and then take stock and re-align. But no no no .....let's kick it down their most dangerous player's throat...there you go Sinbad, have a run...oh you did.....oh, we're out of position, oh they've scored...oh, there goes the game !! Now that ladies and gentlemen is nowt to do with Cockers, he wasn't on the park you see...that is an All Black, Canterbury Crusader...Super 14 winner...English Premiership winner....making the wrong decision !

So aside from the reluctance of JP Doyle to get the yellow card out, the "could have been" penalty try for the slam dunk by Cook, we didn't really help ourselves did we ? I hate losing to Gloucester more than any other team...I live here, I work here, I have to put up with this until at last 28th December when we hopefully have worked out how to be better...until then, I get a load of flack ! I'm a big bloke, I can take it but I don't like it when we lose in the manner that we did. Cockers says that there was lots of commitment and passion - I say we were headless chickens in places, we were (very) naive in other places, we were even clueless in some places.

So to summarise going into the Autumn Internationals, it might be a blessing in disguise, all of our out-of-form players will go and join their countries, our "second string" will come in and hopefully we will see a reaction.
RWA
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by RWA »

Oh...and I'm still hacked off