Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Re: Poor Ref today

Post by Big Dai »

yellow_balaclava_hunter wrote:
Big Dai wrote:Nothing to do witht he ref. We were in a poor posdition because we couldn't cope with the pace of the Glocester backs and had none of our own. We had the defence outflanked a few times but did not have the pace to complete. This ain't JPs fault.
It is the refs fault if the reason our backs could not attack is because Gloucester were offside at every ruck and did not get penalised. It is unbelievable how many times I have to complain about it. The players are offside before the ball is even picked up by the scrum half and they do not move back onside, the ref has plenty of time to see this and never does anything.
Sorry, don't agree. We didn't have the pace today. Their backs are onto us because we are cumbersome and predictable. There's were speedy and skillful. I like the double standrds here. We "play the ref" and it's fine. Glous do it and it isn't!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

johnh wrote:No doubt someone will correct me if I'm wrong but aren't there 3 referees on the pitch? You really have to ask what is the point of the AR's?
I think that we should have been awarded a penalty try for the deliberate batting of the ball by the Glous fullback because Goneva would probably caught the ball and scored. The AR was within 10m and should have called it shouldn't he? If it's only the refs decision to award the PT then we wuz robbed.
Great game though and terrific atmosphere. We need to give them a similar reception (x10) when they come to WR.
Thats if WR is full to the rafters!! :smt017
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

Really think some of you are finding it too easy to blame the ref for the loss. He was not good today but he wasn't the cause of Tigers losing. It was stupid penalties and not having any nous in the backline to play a fast uptempo game like Glaws did.Tigers only have one way of playing and if they come up against a team who are quicker thinking than them then they cannot change their game.

To not be able to take the lead against 13 men is really a poor showing.
MJ Chairman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MJ Chairman »

Cowan showed today why Gloucester signed him and why he has got 50 caps. Yes he cheated but he got away and to me was the main difference.
By comparison Harrison had a shocker being partially responsible for the Burns try by not sweeping and when JSD made the break for their third try his attempted tackle was laughable.
Whilst on the subject Tom Youngs was awful too. He gave away 4 penalties and cost 4 lineouts through his throwing. Yes there were good bits but for England's 2nd hooker these mistakes are not good enough.
PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by PM76 »

g wrote:Really think some of you are finding it too easy to blame the ref for the loss. He was not good today but he wasn't the cause of Tigers losing.
Agree with this.
Last edited by PM76 on Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yellow_balaclava_hunter
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by yellow_balaclava_hunter »

Big Dai wrote:
Big Dai wrote:Nothing to do witht he ref. We were in a poor posdition because we couldn't cope with the pace of the Glocester backs and had none of our own. We had the defence outflanked a few times but did not have the pace to complete. This ain't JPs fault.
It is the refs fault if the reason our backs could not attack is because Gloucester were offside at every ruck and did not get penalised. It is unbelievable how many times I have to complain about it. The players are offside before the ball is even picked up by the scrum half and they do not move back onside, the ref has plenty of time to see this and never does anything.
Sorry, don't agree. We didn't have the pace today. Their backs are onto us because we are cumbersome and predictable. There's were speedy and skillful. I like the double standrds here. We "play the ref" and it's fine. Glous do it and it isn't!
Once again you might try reading my posts properly. I don't support 'playing the ref' and often condemn it. Don't you dare accuse me of double standards.

That extra meter when offside at the rucks is often the difference between a fly half being able to pass the ball to a player who is free to move and passing to a player who is immediately tackled, it has nothing to do with pace.
Excuse me. Where do I get a yellow balaclava from?
I asked Gavin Henson if they sold them at Matalan but he said they didn't because they messed his hair up.
yellow_balaclava_hunter
Gold Member
Gold Member

PM76 wrote:
g wrote:Really think some of you are finding it too easy to blame the ref for the loss. He was not good today but he wasn't the cause of Tigers losing.
Agree with this.
There was crossing in the Qera try which the ref completely missed.

What does six minus seven equal?
Last edited by yellow_balaclava_hunter on Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I asked Gavin Henson if they sold them at Matalan but he said they didn't because they messed his hair up.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Sorry, don't agree. We didn't have the pace today. Their backs are onto us because we are cumbersome and predictable. There's were speedy and skillful. I like the double standrds here. We "play the ref" and it's fine. Glous do it and it isn't![/quote]

Once again you might try reading my posts properly. I don't support 'playing the ref' and often condemn it. Don't you dare accuse me of double standards.

That extra meter when offside at the rucks is often the difference between a fly half being able to pass the ball to a player who is free to move and passing to a player who is immediately tackled, it has nothing to do with pace.[/quote]

Can't agree.............We shovel about. they kept a rush defence "honest" by chipping through. Start playing a few more tactics other than bash and crash and we might actually keep them back a bit......Like I said. We wouldn't be whinging if we'd have won.
johnh

Post by johnh »

g wrote
He was not good today but he wasn't the cause of Tigers losing.
Whilst I think you have a fair point g about tigers performance had the referee applied the rules correctly (vis a vis my previous post) then a penalty try sould have been awarded and that, my friend, would have made the final score 27 - 28. Ergo, the ref WAS the cause of tigers losing.
aving said that, Glous fronted up and defended superbly for the last 20mins.
yellow_balaclava_hunter
Gold Member
Gold Member

Big Dai wrote:Sorry, don't agree. We didn't have the pace today. Their backs are onto us because we are cumbersome and predictable. There's were speedy and skillful. I like the double standrds here. We "play the ref" and it's fine. Glous do it and it isn't!

That extra meter when offside at the rucks is often the difference between a fly half being able to pass the ball to a player who is free to move and passing to a player who is immediately tackled, it has nothing to do with pace.[/quote]

Can't agree.............We shovel about. they kept a rush defence "honest" by chipping through. Start playing a few more tactics other than bash and crash and we might actually keep them back a bit......Like I said. We wouldn't be whinging if we'd have won.[/quote]

I'm not talking about when Gloucester are in attack. I am talking about the offsides when Gloucester are in defence. The Gloucester players were persistently offside before the ball was even out of the ruck 'not Shovelling about' won't change that.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Big Dai wrote:Sorry, don't agree. We didn't have the pace today. Their backs are onto us because we are cumbersome and predictable. There's were speedy and skillful. I like the double standrds here. We "play the ref" and it's fine. Glous do it and it isn't!

That extra meter when offside at the rucks is often the difference between a fly half being able to pass the ball to a player who is free to move and passing to a player who is immediately tackled, it has nothing to do with pace.
Can't agree.............We shovel about. they kept a rush defence "honest" by chipping through. Start playing a few more tactics other than bash and crash and we might actually keep them back a bit......Like I said. We wouldn't be whinging if we'd have won.[/quote]

I'm not talking about when Gloucester are in attack. I am talking about the offsides when Gloucester are in defence. The Gloucester players were persistently offside before the ball was even out of the ruck 'not Shovelling about' won't change that.[/quote]

So were we! We got stuffed by quicker thinkers!
yellow_balaclava_hunter
Gold Member
Gold Member

Big Dai wrote:

Can't agree.............We shovel about. they kept a rush defence "honest" by chipping through. Start playing a few more tactics other than bash and crash and we might actually keep them back a bit......Like I said. We wouldn't be whinging if we'd have won.
I'm not talking about when Gloucester are in attack. I am talking about the offsides when Gloucester are in defence. The Gloucester players were persistently offside before the ball was even out of the ruck 'not Shovelling about' won't change that.[/quote]

So were we! We got stuffed by quicker thinkers![/quote]

So were we what?
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

........................offside!
yellow_balaclava_hunter
Gold Member
Gold Member

Big Dai wrote:........................offside!
I completely disagree. We weren't persistently offside, we do not set up our defensive line offside and you can clearly see it. Many sides are now coached to set their defensive line offside and it is time that the referees penalised it to the point where it is impossible to do it.
yellow_balaclava_hunter
Gold Member
Gold Member

Big Dai wrote:........................offside!
I completely disagree. We weren't persistently offside, we do not set up our defensive line offside and you can clearly see it. Many sides are now coached to set their defensive line offside and it is time that the referees penalised it to the point where it is impossible to do it.