Team vs Glaws

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Team vs Glaws

Post by jgriffin »

Leicester Tigers (v Gloucester Rugby, away, Saturday 4.45pm)
15 Geordan Murphy (c)
14 Scott Hamilton
13 Manusamoa Tuilagi
12 Anthony Allen
11 Vereniki Goneva
10 Toby Flood
9 Ben Youngs
1 Logovi'i Mulipola
2 Tom Youngs
3 Dan Cole
4 Louis Deacon
5 Geoff Parling
6 Steve Mafi
7 Thomas Waldrom
8 Jordan Crane

Replacements
16 George Chuter
17 Marcos Ayerza
18 Martin Castrogiovanni
19 Ed Slater
20 Graham Kitchener
21 Sam Harrison
22 George Ford
23 Matt Smith
no surprises then....
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Re: Team vs Glaws

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Looks solid enough to do a job on Glaws provided we keep it tight.

I expect an away win with no bonus point.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

That's the best team we can put out at the moment given our injury situation and we will need to be on our top form to win at Glaws. I see that Guscott has us down for a win if we have our England players, so a win it will be then.I expect Glaws to throw everything at us , but they are disrupted with the injury to their captain.We showed last week we can mix it with the best so a win is something I am quietly confident about,though it could be close.

COME ON YOU TIGERRRRrrrsssss

:smt027 :smt027 :smt027
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Bertos

Post by Bertos »

And the Gloucester side:

Gloucester Rugby:

Rob Cook; Charlie Sharples, Mike Tindall (captain), Billy Twelvetrees, James Simpson-Daniel; Freddie Burns, Jimmy Cowan; Nick Wood, Huia Edmonds, Rupert Harden; Tom Savage, Will James; Sione Kalamafoni, Akapusi Qera, Ben Morgan

Replacements:

Koree Britton, Dan Murphy, Shaun Knight, Peter Buxton, Matt Cox, Dan Robson, Martyn Thomas, Shane Monahan
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

Poor Niall Morris must be wondering what he has to do to play. :smt017 He's played well for the last couple of weeks but gets dropped as soon as Murphy is fit.I'd have kept Morris in the team and left out Hamilton. But then again I guess that Hamilton is one of Cockerills favourites. :smt018
iceman_19
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by iceman_19 »

No specific back row cover there...I'm sure Slater will do a very good job at 6 or 8 though, but doesn't really help the balance, does it?!
Tigers till I die

www.ruckedover.blogspot.com
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

We are doomed I tell ya. Why isnt Crane captain, its not fair on him! Why isnt Ford playing, he has more talent in his left toe than Flood has in his whole body!

Summary - we lost because of poor substitutions, no game plan B and we should never have let Billy leave! :smt003 :smt003
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

As it happens I'm pleased Crane isn't captain, he has no leadership qualities as he is too quiet. At least Murphy will be in the refs ear all the time.
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

Just a little confused here, is this the first 60 minute team from last week or the last 10 minute team? If Geordan can keep kicking them they might be more of the 10 minute team. Obviously I want them to win but I wouldn't put money on it at the moment.
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
Oadby35
Tiger Cub

Post by Oadby35 »

Is there some kind of Bermuda triangle at WR
you can score three tries one week not see the ball next and then disappear completely of the face of the earth
blocky_head7
Tiger Cub

Post by blocky_head7 »

Niall Morris should at least be on the bench. Then again though so should Matt Smith...its good that we have the competition but should Murphy come straight back into the team having been out for so many weeks? I have the feeling Morris is going to be looking elsewhere at the end of the season
Dave
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Dave »

I rate Hamilton, but not on the wing.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

blocky_head7 wrote: I have the feeling Morris is going to be looking elsewhere at the end of the season
Why, this could be Geordies last season as a player and we may need a long term replacement. I would have thought he is ideally placed to further his career where he is.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by mike »

Even in his declining years Geordan is still way ahead of anyone else on the Tigers books in the Full Back role . Tait may fit the bill if ever he is fit enough to play ( which I doubt ), whilst Morris has shown nothing that is at all above average in his showings to date . Perhaps Johnnie May from Glaws or Arscott from Exeter ?
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

A bit harsh on Morris. He needs some work but he certainly has the talent.

When he does come good (odds on he will do) the Irish will be after him to return.
A life long Tiger