Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

G.K
Super User
Super User

Re: Most underrated Tigers player

Post by G.K »

This week I'd go for Dan Biggar. :smt001
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
tonyw

Post by tonyw »

Jordan Crane :smt002 :smt002
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

Niall Morris,never lets the team down when picked to play and will probably be dropped when Geordan is fit. :smt018
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Nice to see Smithy getting the recognition he deserves now. Targeted by some a few years back, but he has come such a long way from when he first started out in the first team. Probably our most improved player. A defensive monster, and underrated pace.
jack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jack »

All good points but we have now named half the team. (not squad!)

Matt Smith for me. Or Marcos or.......! :smt017
Tigers - true Champions!
Southernsoftie
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Southernsoftie »

Kitch
Skin_and_Muscle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Skin_and_Muscle »

jamiewilkinson wrote:Matt Smith for me, From what I remember he never lets the team down. His defense is outstanding, when he wrestled Ashton out of touch (last season?) when ashton was almost certain to score, pure class.
There was also the unforgettable try he scored when Ashton was trying to force him out - it took unbelievable strength to be able to drag Ashton 15 metres and manage to get into a position to score.
Jose
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Jose »

Allen, for me. Knows his stuff, good hands, good lines, good work rate, strong defensively, forces turnovers, reads the game well, minimal error count.

Flood has been grossly under-appreciated for years (by everybody from MJ as England coach down to club fans) but is actually getting some credit for a change this week.

Smith is good, dedicated and very strong defensively, but I still think his best position is wing, as his attacking contribution at 13 is hindered by his relative inability to hit lines, straighten, hold defenders and create space for others. Well worth keeping though.

Up front, most seem to get the credit they deserve, and Slater is probably the one currently under-appreciated in terms of selection.
Joe The Tigers Fan
ABC Tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by ABC Tiger »

Currently, for me Dan Bowden without a doubt. Could get a start in most premiership teams, he has great hands, good feet, reads the game brilliantlly and has a good tactical kicking game. Personally I rate him above Ford. Unfortunately if he does not get the game time he should have he''ll probably move on at the end of his contract and had him down as a potential 12 for England.

Much like Amorosino, a regular in Argentina's matchday squads and in the 2010-11 (I think) he only got 3 appearances. Amorosino was one of our only flair players at the time (something we somewhat needed) and didn't get played.

Anyway, another who I think is underrated is Julien Salvi. I know when fit he is a starter but how good was he last season? I thought Neil Back had returned, countless tackles, chased every kick (made obvious due to the fact only Castro was the other man chasing) and if the ball was loose he put his body on it regardless of his only welfare. Along with Mafi and Agulla he was a standout player for me last season, absolutely outstanding!
Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

Jose wrote:Flood has been grossly under-appreciated for years (by everybody from MJ as England coach down to club fans) but is actually getting some credit for a change this week.
It won't last, though. For some reason, Flood can put in performance after performance, but the moment he gets injured or has a quiet game all the stand-out matches are forgotten and the fans (England as well as some Leicester), neutrals (Celts!) and pundits (Fatty Barnes, Ackford, etc) start writing him off as average at best, or flaky.

Massively underappreciated... except in the actual week after putting in (yet another) outstanding, match-winning performance.
Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

ABC Tiger wrote:Currently, for me Dan Bowden without a doubt. Could get a start in most premiership teams, he has great hands, good feet, reads the game brilliantlly and has a good tactical kicking game. Personally I rate him above Ford. Unfortunately if he does not get the game time he should have he''ll probably move on at the end of his contract and had him down as a potential 12 for England.
He got injured in pre-season and then injured again in his first game, which is why he's not played.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

ABC Tiger wrote: Much like Amorosino, a regular in Argentina's matchday squads and in the 2010-11 (I think) he only got 3 appearances. Amorosino was one of our only flair players at the time (something we somewhat needed) and didn't get played.
Was he not a little "fragile" in defence and under the high ball (particularly) when he was with us?

Great with the ball in hand though mind you. :smt001
ABC Tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by ABC Tiger »

He got injured in pre-season and then injured again in his first game, which is why he's not played.
Oh I assumed he had been fit since he played againt Exeter, hopefully he'll be fit during the AI's and can get game time at 10 or 12 if Flood and Allen don't get released back to us.

Was he not a little "fragile" in defence and under the high ball (particularly) when he was with us?

Great with the ball in hand though mind you.
That could be said, I know its a year and a half on now and he's come on as a all round player, but he didn't seem to get exploited in the four nations when playing against the best teams in the world.
drew12

Post by drew12 »

36 :smt003 36
drew12

Post by drew12 »

Nial Morris