Youngs boys cost LBP

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

g
Super User
Super User

Re: Youngs boys cost LBP

Post by g »

Tigers lost in the ideal conditions for them. Toulouse are a warm weather dry pitch team, Tigers are supposed to play better when it is wet and raining.
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

g wrote:Tigers are supposed to play better when it is wet and raining.
So why were we so much better when the pitches were firm at the end of last season?
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Truthful as ever but what he said was lamentably to blindingly obvious :smt009
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

I am sure that the coaches told the players to cough up ball, give penalties away, lose composure, play the ball in the wrong areas and make poor decisions!!!!

NOT

The players need to look back at the game........they are the ones who have been responsible for todays defeat......I am sure that they will come back stronger!!
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Tigerbeat wrote:I am sure that the coaches told the players to cough up ball, give penalties away, lose composure, play the ball in the wrong areas and make poor decisions!!!!

NOT

The players need to look back at the game........they are the ones who have been responsible for todays defeat......I am sure that they will come back stronger!!
Maybe ...but the game plan was the coaches' plan. One dimentional as ever. Some players played out of position, some players IMHO were played when out of form.......Just who carries that particular can? Never mind the tardy and inappropriate use of substitutes.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Jimmy Skitz wrote:
Tigerbeat wrote:
Jimmy Skitz wrote:Ben's passing was woeful as well, RC's reluctance to switch the half backs when the games needs a spark is an issue, sometimes its not that Flood & Youngs are playing badly its just they counterparts have them marshaled and a change of approach is needed.
Harrison and Ford would have been really exposed against this Toulouse team had they been given the chance.
the way Ben was playing given seeming half his passes were over the recipients head I struggle to think Harrison would of been much of a downgrade on today's performance
Yes - we have not one but two scrum halfs who can't pass to first receiver anywhere near the bread basket. :smt009.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Mick Jones

Post by Mick Jones »

It wasn't so much about the Young's boys, although they didn't help today, it's about the tactics used and the inept way we kick the ball away. I don't know why Floody kicks deep from the kick-off when our players can't reach it, this opens up the whole field to a counter attack and spreads the defence too wide. He can't make his kicks for touch either. With the conditions today, we should have been kicking deep for touch and putting pressure on their line-out in their own half. Teams can't perform if they are continually under pressure.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Mick Jones wrote: Teams can't perform if they are continually under pressure.

Indeed and that is precisely what Toulouse succeeded in doing to us today :smt009
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

MJ Chairman wrote:Ben ran a certain 3 points and Tom gave away 2 stupid penalties. 9 points difference between lbp and nothing. :smt013
And while I'm at it why did Crane kick that ball away, what was he even doing on the park when chasing a game, he really is Mr Negative. Cockers needs to sort the back row out before next week. :smt017
I'm surprised by this coment about running a penalty, had Allen not been pinged on the floor and we recycled, the Toulouse players retreating from a quick tap,could have brought a try and he would be a hero.A quick tap is by definition,just that.

The captain should step forward if he wishes to go for goal and take the decision on his shoulder,not leave it for others to decide.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

tigerburnie wrote:
MJ Chairman wrote:Ben ran a certain 3 points and Tom gave away 2 stupid penalties. 9 points difference between lbp and nothing. :smt013
And while I'm at it why did Crane kick that ball away, what was he even doing on the park when chasing a game, he really is Mr Negative. Cockers needs to sort the back row out before next week. :smt017
I'm surprised by this coment about running a penalty, had Allen not been pinged on the floor and we recycled, the Toulouse players retreating from a quick tap,could have brought a try and he would be a hero.A quick tap is by definition,just that.

The captain should step forward if he wishes to go for goal and take the decision on his shoulder,not leave it for others to decide.
Allen wasn't pinged, he knocked on, even so, Ben Youngs by now should be smart enough to realize the situation of the game and took the certain 3 points, its not like it was at the limit of Flood's range
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Jimmy Skitz wrote:
tigerburnie wrote:

Allen wasn't pinged, he knocked on, even so, Ben Youngs by now should be smart enough to realize the situation of the game and took the certain 3 points, its not like it was at the limit of Flood's range
I'm afraid it was symptomatic of the lack of professionalism on display.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Jimmy Skitz wrote:[quote="tigerburnie

Allen wasn't pinged, he knocked on, even so, Ben Youngs by now should be smart enough to realize the situation of the game and took the certain 3 points, its not like it was at the limit of Flood's range[/quote]

Youngs then tapped and went with a penalty from a central position on the Toulouse 22. He had Allen on his shoulder but the centre was pinged for holding on and the chance went away.

This taken from the match report on the clubs home page.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

tigerburnie wrote:
Jimmy Skitz wrote:[quote="tigerburnie

Youngs then tapped and went with a penalty from a central position on the Toulouse 22. He had Allen on his shoulder but the centre was pinged for holding on and the chance went away.

This taken from the match report on the clubs home page.[/quote]
well taken from my eyes at the time, Nigel Owens awarded a scrum for a knock on
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

He knocked on, Tigers gave a way a penalty at the resulting scrum.