Tigers v Quins

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Quins

Post by sapajo »

To replace TTTE with JC would be madness. TTTE performances are always top notch and he is by far our most effective ball carrier and he has the ability to beat defenders with great footwork and deceptive pace. At the moment JC must vastly improve his game and fitness to be warrant a starting place over TTTE.

As for fly half the question remains do you stick with Flood because of his stronger defensive qualities?

When will Micky Young return because what I have seen of SH and PP we should have kept Grindal! :smt002
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Perspective, guys. :smt004

Our best start for yonks and yonks, despite only firing on three or even two cylinders.

Sam was a gem last season. clearly nowhere near this one yet.

Flood needs to get sorted, and maybe proper rotation with Ford is a good idea.

Goneva and Manu are a monster combination; TY another monster in the making.

By midseason we should be going well!

Ospreys and Treviso are currently vying for second-worst team in the Rabo :smt001
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

jgriffin wrote:Sam was a gem last season. clearly nowhere near this one yet.

I thought that Sam struggled due to the size of the pitch - Flood seemed to be standing a long way from him compared to at WR, although this may have been exaggerated by the TV as I wasn't there. I thought Flood should have gone a bit nearer and thought that he should have enough experience to realise that the scrum half was struggling a bit and help him out a bit more.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Cardiff Tig wrote:
jgriffin wrote:Sam was a gem last season. clearly nowhere near this one yet.

I thought that Sam struggled due to the size of the pitch - Flood seemed to be standing a long way from him compared to at WR, although this may have been exaggerated by the TV as I wasn't there. I thought Flood should have gone a bit nearer and thought that he should have enough experience to realise that the scrum half was struggling a bit and help him out a bit more.
Back-row could have helped him more also.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Another slant on the Flood v Ford argument could be that Cockerill is protecting Ford.
IF Ford gets injured in the next few weeks and it is very likely that Flood will be called up for England, Tigers will be in a bit of a mess.
Also, by not playing him, he will be fresh and ready to go.

We need Ford during November and he will get his game time then. He is tsill developing and will in time oust Flood from the 10 shirt and command a regular starting berth.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Mo Leicester

Post by Mo Leicester »

Cynical thought: Could Cockerill be protecting Tiger's interests by keeping Ford on the bench? If he gets game time and plays well, we may loose both Flood and Ford during the internationals!
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

If I was cockers i would go with
1. Lupo
2. Youngs
3. Cole
4. Kitchener
5. Parling
6. Mafi
7. Salvi (Would bring Thorpe in to give salvi a rest but need our best team against quins)
8. TTE
9. Harrison
10. Flood (If he does badly again then bring either ford, Bowden or Cornwell in)
11. Goneva
12. Bowden
13. Tuilagi
14. Thompstone
15. Hamilton

16. Stanko
17. Hawkins
18. Castro
19. Andrew
20. Crane
21. Phibbs
22. Ford
23. Smith
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Tigerbeat wrote:Another slant on the Flood v Ford argument could be that Cockerill is protecting Ford.
IF Ford gets injured in the next few weeks and it is very likely that Flood will be called up for England, Tigers will be in a bit of a mess.
Also, by not playing him, he will be fresh and ready to go.

We need Ford during November and he will get his game time then. He is tsill developing and will in time oust Flood from the 10 shirt and command a regular starting berth.
What about Bowden seems we have forgotten the fact that he has played 10 in the premiership! We must untilise all of our squad
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

Mo Leicester wrote:Cynical thought: Could Cockerill be protecting Tiger's interests by keeping Ford on the bench? If he gets game time and plays well, we may loose both Flood and Ford during the internationals!
I'm sure if we'd been losing or winning by a couple of scores or more Ford would've been on - but not when the game is finely balanced. Changing half-backs is not the same as swapping front rows.

On the matter of Ford who else saw the bit in the Rugby Paper about Bath willing to pay Ford £300K pa when he's out of contract?
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

DickyP wrote:
Mo Leicester wrote:Cynical thought: Could Cockerill be protecting Tiger's interests by keeping Ford on the bench? If he gets game time and plays well, we may loose both Flood and Ford during the internationals!
I'm sure if we'd been losing or winning by a couple of scores or more Ford would've been on - but not when the game is finely balanced. Changing half-backs is not the same as swapping front rows.

On the matter of Ford who else saw the bit in the Rugby Paper about Bath willing to pay Ford £300K pa when he's out of contract?
I would hope that Cockers makes sure that keeping Ford is the clubs priority. And dont Bath already have Tom Heathcote? Unless they got rid of him I cant see them signing Ford.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Not sure that Ford is worth 300K.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

DickyP wrote:

is this tantamount to tapping up?
cheers
Rich
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

kpj tiger wrote:If I was cockers i would go with
1. Lupo
2. Youngs
3. Cole
Who is Lupo? I've checked both the senior and academy squads and cannot find anyone of that name.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
jonlin
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by jonlin »

It is Youngs in my Rugby Paper DickyP, that Bath are chasing not Ford.
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

jonlin wrote:It is Youngs in my Rugby Paper DickyP, that Bath are chasing not Ford.
Whoops - my mistake!
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."