Oxford Welsh game - All Threads merged here.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ancientmariner

Re: Oxford Welsh game - All Threads merged here.

Post by ancientmariner »

Same as the above. Credit card account debited on 21 August. Still no tickets. Phone line continually engaged. Have e-mailed a couple of times and just get the usual platitudes.
BenWL
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by BenWL »

I had you down to work on the Pig Roast but was worried that we wouldn't have any left to serve to customers...!
Banburytigers wrote:BWL I see the threat of you offering to do their catering worked then!
BenWL wrote:I have had a response...! They have also taken up my suggestion of posting some info on the website. Seems that no staff, no internet and no stamps have been the major problems here...!

"You have ordered 6 tickets and they will be available for you to collect on Sunday from the ticket collection point next to the box office.

We will be posting a message on the website shortly. Our internet in the office has been down for the last day which has not been helpful!

Looking forward to a great match!"

Regards

Natalie Winton
London Welsh Rugby Football Club Ltd
I'm the one in the Tigers shirt on the 22. You can't miss me...!
Chez
Tiger Cub

Post by Chez »

Well after all my whingeing re tickets, I'm happy to say that when I rang to get mine swapped for better seats in the North stand, there was absolutely no hassle, he explained they'd have to be refunded and I could then buy new ones via website, which suited me as I wanted to pick my seats, refund was done straight away and tickets arrived on doormat yesterday, so faith is restored. I was getting panicky that they hadn't come, but from what I can gather there's only 1 guy working in the ticket office and I don't think they normally sell that many tickets! I actually started to feel sorry for him as he said he had about 200 return calls to make before he even started on emails!
Kassam could be a sea of red green and white!!! Could even beat the record attendance for an Oxford United game (which stands at 12,243) :smt002

See you all down there!! :smt041
jtrugby

Post by jtrugby »

Hi to all Tigers fans - especially those who have had problems buying tickets for the Match against London Welsh at the Kassam Stadium on Sunday.
Huge apologies from all of us at London Welsh - as you know we have had to put everything in place very quickly including the installation of a completely new ticketing system and there have been big problems that resulted in our internet going down. After a couple of false dawns this has now been rectified but I know it has left many of you frustrated. Tickets will be available on the day and we would love to see you in Oxford so please bear with us - I promise it will get better!
Sorry again for any inconvenience
Regards
John Taylor
(LW MD)
Jeremy Anderson
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeremy Anderson »

jtrugby wrote:Hi to all Tigers fans - especially those who have had problems buying tickets for the Match against London Welsh at the Kassam Stadium on Sunday.
Huge apologies from all of us at London Welsh - as you know we have had to put everything in place very quickly including the installation of a completely new ticketing system and there have been big problems that resulted in our internet going down. After a couple of false dawns this has now been rectified but I know it has left many of you frustrated. Tickets will be available on the day and we would love to see you in Oxford so please bear with us - I promise it will get better!
Sorry again for any inconvenience
Regards
John Taylor
(LW MD)
Many thanks for making and posting an apology. We really do understand even if at times we sound frustrated :smt001
Jez

Only Winners Win!
RWA
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by RWA »

JT..many thanks for the message, it means a lot :smt038 Eventually got through to your reception this morning and a lovely lady explained that my tickets were ready and that I could collect in a gazebo next to the ticket office...so I'm happy now !
Crumblies
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crumblies »

Well done John Taylor:

An honest and frank apology, its appreciated thank you.

Looking forward to our visit on Sunday.
MJ Chairman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MJ Chairman »

Ever since the whole London Welsh saga started John Taylor has come out of the whole thing with a huge amount of credit.

A true Rugby Legend :smt023
CrumbieRoarer

Post by CrumbieRoarer »

Been watching these posts for a bit, and had been getting worried about tickets, but got mine in the post last weekend. Hoping everyone else gets theirs or are successful in what sounds like a magic marquis outside the Kassam. I'll be in the Priory!

Just want to second repect for LW fellow posting a while ago and to say, yeah we've been getting a bit frustrated, but what LW went through over the summer and the step up they're making - massive credit to them and it's great they're up here with the big cats. Really looking forward to the game.

Oh, and saw Goneva up close v Notts, very fantastic and I predict a try machine.

See some of you tiggers and LW/OW fans in a couple of days.
ThePriory

Post by ThePriory »

The priory is a 2 minute walk to the ticket office. We will have plastic available so you can take your drinks with you!
billhemsley
Tiger Cub

Post by billhemsley »

Good luck today Tigers! I am having to miss this game due to a late shift in the work calendar that has me in Nairobi rather than Oxford, and it is most unlikely that the game will be shown live down here - not with Premiership football on offer! :smt022 Whilst I expect a Tigers win, first games are notoriously difficult to predict, so fingers crossed.

Will, thankfully be back and have my bum on the Crumbie bench for next week's Wuss game
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

10-17 after 40. Sloppy Tigers let LW back into the game.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Apollo

Post by Apollo »

Agreed - sloppy play, but both LW tries had dodgy play involved. Line-out jumper taken out in the air for the first try, and a clear block for the run leading up to the second. No sour grapes, but yesterday's TMO decision could've been repeated here...
Snorbins
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Snorbins »

sloppy from tigers. expect cockers to be ranting by now!
Flood started well but rotate him now for Ford.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Back to basics and it gets better. LW continue to keep pushing. Flood using the the open space well.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat