Tiger_Dad

Tigers Catering Feedback.

Post by Tiger_Dad »

Dear all

Catering meeting Wednesday May 23rd

Present:
Simon Cohen (Tigers CEO)
Matthew Nicholson (GM Lindleys)
Jason Burns (Deputy General Manager, Lindleys)
Tiger Dad (Fans Representative)

Following a lively and open discussion about all things catering, Lindleys and Tigers agreed to the following;

1. Committed to pre-pour before KO and before HT in all bars, without fail
2. A new menu is to be trailed next season in an attempt to improve consistency and quality.
3. Additional coffee, tea, chocolate kiosks will be installed in the top concourse of the CAT
4. Re-introduce the server/ tiller combo.
5. Improve/ defining queuing lines and areas
6. Scaling up of staff and food quantities according to attendance
7. Bar and kiosk supervisors will feedback any issues to Jason so he can ensure they are addressed before the next match.
8. Improved communication between bars, kiosks and managers during match day.
9. Simon is to confirm that the Mark bar (next to the ABC) is always available at half time for all matches. Currently they are unable to commit to all games before KO due to community commitments but has agreed that it will be available for the majority of games.

Lindleys have also invited me to a pre-match briefing of the catering staff.

I was clear from what I have experienced this season, I felt standards had slipped and highlighted both the forums and my own experiences/ issues.

Jason, the new Tigers catering manager is a nice bloke and he talked about how he has processes to predict the amount of beer/ food required per match according to attendance, KO time and time of year but he does except there have been issues this season.

To summarise, Tigers and Lindleys are very keen to offer the best service and product to the fans but admit they don’t always get it right. Simon’s hands are somewhat tied due to legacy agreements but I get the feeling he is committed to improving standards where possible. The same goes for Matthew and Jason.

That’s it for now. I will keep you posted on any developments but please continue to post your comments as they will get raised.

Have a good summer, TD :smt002
Last edited by Rizzo on Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: New topic for new season.
Tiger_Dad

Re: Tigers Catering Feedback Forum-Current discussion

Post by Tiger_Dad »

Isambard wrote:There was a statement that the thread would run until the end of the season. My objection is the fact that it is stuck to the top, thereby defeating the point of a messageboard. When there is news then a thread will be at the top. When it is not of interest it will fade away. People who follow threads automatically get emails to tell them of additional news or comment. So why is this thread and the Matt Hampson Ebay site any different.
Isambard - Surely even you know how good forums operate. On-going/ annual topics are nearly always made 'sticky' in order that forum users can post in a single thread. This way all related information is held centrally as apposed to there being multiple topics and treads on the same issue.

A semi-official process has been set up between the forum, Tigers and Lindleys to enable feedback on every day fans catering. If you would like to contribute that would be great. If not, that is also fine.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Tiger_Dad

Can I say publicly, "very well done" for your efforts.

Of course we will not know until next season whether Lindleys/Tigers actually deliver on their promises.

We live in hope.
Still keeping the faith!
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Bill W (2) wrote:Tiger_Dad

Can I say publicly, "very well done" for your efforts.

Of course we will not know until next season whether Lindleys/Tigers actually deliver on their promises.

We live in hope.
Concur.
Davewilko
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Davewilko »

Thanks for that Tiger Dad, one thing I would like to see is bar staff that are awake, competant and react to the speed needed to ensure we see the game live without having to move in the day before a game to get a drink first
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

I did indeed say that it was likely this thread would be closed around the end of the season, however since it is still a subject which is under discussion and posts in the previous part of the thread are still relevant & may need to be referred back to - then for the moment it will remain.

Personally, of all the messageboards I have used and moderated over the years, I've never come across one without a few stickies, in some cases 10 or more sticky threads as well as the rules and announcements. Users have the option of marking it read without looking at it.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Welcome back Rizzo.

IMHO a wise decision.

We need to see at the start of next season if Lindleys and Tigers can deliver on their promises.

I am hopeful.

This thread will provide a mechanism to qualitively measure their progress.
Still keeping the faith!
Suz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Suz »

Maybe, just maybe we will see some improvements this season;-

http://www.leicestertigers.com/news/14430.php

We will find out on Saturday for a start
"The beast got us, the Leicester beast."
Hull Fan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Hull Fan »

Bring back the hot pork sandwich stall, please. :smt007
The East Yorkshire Branch
Coalville RFC - "It's in the blood"
Tiger_Dad

Post by Tiger_Dad »

Well it's official...what I discussed back in May with Simon and Lindleys. If the food is consistent and the bar staff efficient then we could be in for one hell of a season... Off the pitch anyway. :smt002

Please continue to use this thread to provide all feedback that is catering

TD
Rizzo

Re: Tigers Catering Feedback Forum-as at August 2012.

Post by Rizzo »

This old topic and posts have been removed, and new topic containing the most recent posts created for this new season. If you wish to refer to the old topic/posts, there is a shadow thread (i.e. for read only purposes) about halfway down page 4.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Sherpa2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Sherpa2 »

Great job TD, thank you.

Can't wait to see it with my own eyes in just a few more hours
I used to be indecisive now I just can't make up my mind
pipkoi

Post by pipkoi »

Well, everything looking good & working ok this afternoon - without any pressure of numbers of course
Great to see/hear all the changes that have been bought in this season & I applaud the efforts, espcially Tiger Dad, but also Jason, for listening & acting on feedback
Time will tell a to how sucessful everything is, but it looked & smelt good today :smt001
Pip
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

All bars deserted today. Therefore service excellent.

Pleased to see pork baps again on offer.
Still keeping the faith!
Northenlad

Post by Northenlad »

Final Whistle - hand-pulled Tiger was good to drink after the game, was very poor before the game. No service issues at all downstairs.

Final Whistle - Complete pain in the backside having one side of it shut for kids before the game! Too many people trying to get in and out of one door, goodness only knows what it will be like when it is a premiership match!

Upper CAT - did they not know there was a game on yesterday? Only two people on the end bars before kick-off therefore ridiculous queues and they shut very quickly after half-time!

Dominos - fantastic idea having them walk the aisles, but it looks like you get much less pizza for your pound now that it is Dominos.

Great to see the hot and soft drinks kiosks in Upper CAT.
If winning isn't everything, why do they bother keeping score?