Vu Vu Zelas

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Vu Vu Zelas

Post by kpb »

I agree with you Crumblies.My son and daughter both asked me if they could have one and it was a big fat NO!! Was it me or did the music seem louder before the match to drown out the :censored: things!
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
yellow_balaclava_hunter
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by yellow_balaclava_hunter »

All that these horns managed to achieve was to make the Tigers supporters be much louder. So well done Saracens.

However there is a certain level of behaviour that changes from supporting your team to anti social behaviour (the details of which I will explain in another thread) and a lot of the Saracens 'supporters' crossed that line.

I expect the club to ban the things.
Excuse me. Where do I get a yellow balaclava from?
I asked Gavin Henson if they sold them at Matalan but he said they didn't because they messed his hair up.
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

The problem is people trying to artificially 'create' an atmosphere. An atmosphere either happens or it doesn't, it can't be manufactured by anything prearranged, be it songs, music over the loudspeakers or horns.

Marketing idiots don't understand that there's a difference between noise and atmosphere.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

yellow_balaclava_hunter wrote: I expect the club to ban the things.
As I have said elsewhere, if one sits near me it will no longer see the sunshine!

Maybe they gave the Saffers "supporters" pleasure. No where near as much pleasure as we got from the result though!

:smt026 :smt026
Still keeping the faith!
Goffer3404
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Goffer3404 »

It's not the items, it's those that have them in their possession.
My lad has a "Tigers" horn, he blows it when necessary. We have some VVZs, we put them together when needed.
They can be brill, but when necessary.
Not the items, the people. And Sarries supporters are a bit young in how to cheer success on the pitch.
yellow_balaclava_hunter
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by yellow_balaclava_hunter »

Bill W (2) wrote:
As I have said elsewhere, if one sits near me it will no longer see the sunshine!

Maybe they gave the Saffers "supporters" pleasure. No where near as much pleasure as we got from the result though!

Where I was in the ground it was very difficult to do this single handedly to fifty Saracens 'supporters'
Excuse me. Where do I get a yellow balaclava from?
I asked Gavin Henson if they sold them at Matalan but he said they didn't because they messed his hair up.
Crumblies
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crumblies »

Bill W (2) wrote:

I share your sentiments Bill but sadly when it comes to reality one has to consider the consequences of ones actions.

When I arrived on Saturday and on witnessing this rent a mob. I went to one of them, a lot younger and fitter than me, and said 'well done you've finally completely devalued the game of Rugby'. Then reluctantly I moved myself and my family because I really felt to remain might mean I would not be responsible for my actions. As you say he might have been blowing his blasted horn out of a different orrifice. But as nice and as full of bravado as those words sound on here what would the consequences of those actions have been?
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

I have a loud voice, as does one of my mates who's a big fat lad with a great sense of humour. He's always able to get a crowd going, which is excellent fun and far better than drowning out the genuine atmosphere with some flippin instrument.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

actually whilst someone mentioned false atmospheres and music - can I just add to that - I have never been a fan of music in the ground - I really dislike "smoke on the water" that has replaced the clapping stamping chanting that existed before. You are obliged to clap along like an organised musical event in an old peoples home - and with similar liveliness!

On Saturday the same thing happened at the end of the game - The crowd were going mad with applause - and just getting into a Tigers chant as the players set off for the lap of honour - and some imbecile with no sense of style or atmosphere - no passion for the game , no understanding what it is to stand on the terrace and salute your heros - put over the tannoy "tonights going to be a good night" - a very fine song I'm sure in it's correct time and place - but I always feel like shouting "well we were having a good night until you rudely interrupted us with that crp"!!!

all this loud music turns the passion off in the crowd like a damp cloth thrown over a fire. you cannot compete with the sound system so you give up and watch everyone clapping along like an automaton half wit - I half expect people to start dribbling whilst doing it.

My plea to the club is give the fans some credit and let them create their own atmosphere instead of becoming the equivelent of a corporate clone on mogadon.

If you insist on music then play carols at half time at Christmas but otherwise leave the elevator music to a manaufactured product like Saracens!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

I utterly agree with the post above.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

Whilst the constant drone of a vu vu zela is a curse we could be throwing the baby out with the bath water. There's someone at the Aylestone Road end of the Crumbie stand that regularly use there horn to instigate the 'clap clap, clap clap clap etc' chant for Tigers. Ban the horns and we lose that sort of, in my view, perfectly acceptable use of the horn.
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

[quote="mightymouse"]You are obliged to clap along like an organised musical event in an old peoples home - and with similar liveliness!

I half expect people to start dribbling whilst doing it.

I am old but not yet in a home nor do I dribble but I do love music. I do not like all of the music played at Welford Rd,that said I love the tracks by M&M (tension and expectation), Deep Purple (rousing and stirring) and the Black eyed peas(fun and celebratory).

Its different strokes for different folks I think the music adds to the atmosphere rather than detracting from it.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
AidanMcDowell

Post by AidanMcDowell »

[quote="Bill W (2)"][quote="Hot_Charlie"]

I prefer my away supporters fully clothed! :smt003[/quote]

J may have blinked but I did not notice their cheerleaders - or any bare chested ladies for that matter!

:smt009[/quote]

A bit off topic I admit but for bare chested ladies you needed to be at Twickenham on Sunday for the Sevens - in fact the young lady in question was totally naked and did a cartwheel under the posts in front of the north stand. The look of bemused embarrassment on my 11 year old son's face was an absolute picture! :smt005
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

I have no problem with the music selected I just don't want to hear it at a rugby match - save it for the party in the bar afterwards.

It is as someone else said a marketing mans idea of atmosphere unlike the atmosphere spontaniously created by 24000 people.

It is a sanitised atmosphere an ertzatz atmosphere, a plastic, pretend, X factor generation atmosphere ... dare I say it ... a chain bar and bottled lager atmosphere.............. infact ...everything I despise.