Ticket problems on Saturday

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

BenWL
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Ticket problems on Saturday

Post by BenWL »

Bought my ticket for the semi in plenty of time which was loaded onto my season ticket. I also bought an extra one for a friend which we collected from the ticket office.

Got to the turnstile and the red light came on as it did for my friend. Despite actually having the paper ticket in his hand we were confronted with a "computer says no" mentality. The stewards just shrugged their shoulders as if it was our problem and did absolutely nothing apart from say that we had to go to the ticket office. No sh*t Sherlock...!

At the ticket office I waited for 10 mins while they went backwards and forwards between computers scratching their heads until they finally gave me a paper ticket and also replaced my friends.

When I did finally get in, the attendant at the turnstile told me that "this has been happening quite a lot today"

Might I suggest that somebody looks into this matter for next season?
I'm the one in the Tigers shirt on the 22. You can't miss me...!
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Re: Ticket problems on Saturday

Post by Old Hob »

Don't blame the stewards. The indications from the equipment are that you do not hold a valid ticket. It could be a fraudulent copy, or stolen and blocked, or something else. They are unable to look into your eyes and determine the truth so, annoying thought it is, they behaved perfectly correctly.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
BenWL
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by BenWL »

Not blaming the stewards completely, merely the system and their standard "computer says no" attitude which is obviously the standard trained response.

As a human being I am quite used to interacting with other individuals. A friendly smile and an apology for the inconvenience would have made a great deal of difference and led to me not writing this post.

I don't think that is too much to do for a customer.
Banburytigers
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Banburytigers »

BENWL - I think your reputation proceeds you! Tigers have obviously taken the necessary precuations since the last time you were allowed out on day release...No doubt the paper ticket was for "Jamie Handbag" the king pin of pork pie smuggling and tigers need to keep their excellent catering standards in tact, as you are so fully aware it is very important to provide good catering!!
BenWL
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by BenWL »

Get back to work Gibbs or I won't let you have that ticket for the final. :smt002