Calum Green

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Calum Green

Post by Darc Tiger »

Signing for Leeds aparently. Thought we might keep hold of him now Skivs has gone, and Deacs continues to struggle, but I guess he just needs the gametime at his age. Whose next in line on the second row conveyor belt?
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Re: Calum Green

Post by BJ. »

Where is your source for this information?
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Nothing I can find in writing, but I've read it on a number of forums, and apparently it was announced on BBC Leeds. The Leeds fans seem pretty certain it's happening.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Thanks but, if you don't mind, I'll wait for something a bit more substantial. :smt023

At this time of the season, transfer rumours spread faster than a dose of the proverbial when the fleet's in town.
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

gone to leeds, but cockers has said he wanted more game time and will be happy to take him back in a couple of years..
cheers
Rich
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Rykard wrote:gone to leeds, but cockers has said he wanted more game time and will be happy to take him back in a couple of years..
I say again - where is your source for this information? If you're going to come out with such definitive statements, you must have some pretty irrefutable evidence to back them up.
Richard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Richard »

Dont forget everyone B.J. likes everything in triplicate, Black and white, and this forum is just for B.J's sake, and not anyone else.
the future is bright
the future is
Scarlet Green and White
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Richard wrote:Dont forget everyone B.J. likes everything in triplicate, Black and white, and this forum is just for B.J's sake, and not anyone else.
All I'm asking for is proof to back up such as these statements. I could quite easily start the rumours that Castro is off to join Wasps, Manu is going to Japan with his big brother and Steve Mafi is moving to Saracens. So far I've presented as much proof for my stories as the other two posters.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

In my defence, I did put 'apparently'.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

There was a bit on players leaving Tigers in the mercury a while back with Green's name noted at the end of the piece as possibly leaving as well (sorry BJ can't find it). His name was also noteably absent from the contract renewals for the likes of Harris, Stevens, Bower, Forsyth and Lewington so I thought he might be on his way.

Then again I did wonder whether Tigers were seeing how he was performing after his lengthy lay off. Sad to see him go to Leeds instead of stay for game time here but with Deacon, Parling, Kitchener and Slater all in front of him there was never going to be any guarenteed game time.
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

There was of course the discussion wthat we were picking up Sean Cox from Edinburgh. So we may lose a lad who has potential but needs more game time to devlope that it is difficult for us to give him and possible we gain a tried and trusted player at European level.

That could leave us with Deacon(albeit with a dodgy injury record) Parling (who hopefully has over come his injury nightmares of recent years) Kitchener ( a top prospect) Cox (already discussed and the back up of Mafi and croft and maybe the odd development laddies.
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

and of course forgot Slater (great player with lots more great stuff to come I am sure!)
Kit

Post by Kit »

BBC Leeds journo's Twitter confirmation - it's not from either club or Calum himself, but it's a start.
Will S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Will S »

Darc Tiger wrote:Signing for Leeds aparently. Thought we might keep hold of him now Skivs has gone, and Deacs continues to struggle, but I guess he just needs the gametime at his age. Whose next in line on the second row conveyor belt?
I think one of the best things about this forum is some of the gossip and rumours that go around. As long as the poster confirms that it is just what they have heard, which Darc Tiger did, then I think it is interesting news. If we waited for everything to be confirmed in the papers first (which are not always correct anyway) then we would never hear about anything until the last minute. Keep them coming!!!

Back on topic ..... if Green does move on then I wish him all the best. We have some good young locks at the club and I can understand Green's willingness to seek out a fresh challenge to secure game time.
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

As for solid evidence I would like to see proper pork pies on sale.