The Boat Race

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Re: The Boat Race

Post by Kinoulton »

On a serious note, someone I know extremely well is deeply involved with security surrounding the Olympics and this involves stopping organisations as well individual idiots like this one, and the way you do it is to monitor "traffic", i.e. the chatter going on over email, mobile phones etc which alerts the security people to threats being planned.

Now the laws that allow this monitoring are quite an invasion on our privacy (as is CCTV) but I think most will agree that it is worth it in the prevention of atrocities.

However, a despicable part of British culture is that these highly contraversial pieces of legislation have been hijacked by all kinds of insignificant little Hitlers working for councils and the civil service to prosecute minor offenders.

If someone out there is monitoring my posts, phone calls and emails to make sure I'm not about to commit genocide, I don't mind. But if they're sticking some device in my wheelie bin to make sure I do my recycling correctly then I want them shot.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Kinny, your posts on here are monitored :) :smt024 :smt027 :smt050
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Rizzo wrote:Kinny, your posts on here are monitored :) :smt024 :smt027 :smt050

Oh yes indeed! And you are categorised as a C5DNL 157

Your mobile phone calls rank you as C8FOQ 238

And your text messages as B9XXX 119
Still keeping the faith!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

And of course when we get slightly irritable that for the first time in 100,000 years our every move is being plotted by people we don't even know, some smug idiot is going to say: "Well if you've got nothing to hide....."
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Kinoulton wrote:And of course when we get slightly irritable that for the first time in 100,000 years our every move is being plotted by people we don't even know, some smug idiot is going to say: "Well if you've got nothing to hide....."
Trouble is, I cannot remember where I hid it!!

:smt003
Still keeping the faith!