Ben Youngs - citing

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Ben Youngs - citing

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

What a silly boy, could miss the rest of the season if he gets a long ban. In a week where we have deplored the actions of Clark for Ben to drop his knee into the chest of a player lying on the ground is indefensible.
Last edited by Rizzo on Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: thread title edited
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Re: Ben Youngs - possible citing

Post by fleabane »

^ Holier than thou.
Valhalla I am coming!
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Didn't think it was that bad. He'll get a couple of weeks tops.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Ben is a truly great player and tries his heart out, sadly he has some concerning anger management issues born out of frustration and imho he is being targeted by the opposition because of it. I think the club need to step in an help him address this shortcoming to nip it in the bud quickly before he gets himself in serious trouble especially at a time when his confidence is so low and he is fighting to get his England starting berth back.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

Daft thing to do - it was just a bit of afters and though there was a need to get Gibson to let go the best way to do that would have been to let go himself.

Citing and acquittal/a short ban - can't say fairer than that after what we've been asking for for Clark on here.
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

Havent seen it, but if Youngs did drop his knee on someone intentionally then deserves to be cited and banned, every citing needs to be reviewed on the evidence to hand and the punishment given relates to the type of offence.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

^ Correct!
Valhalla I am coming!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Have seen it, Gibson tugging him back and down by his leg, BY drops back onto him then gives him a tap. 2 weeks at worst, as usual retaliation will attract a penalty whereas Gibson's(normal for Gibson) offence won't.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

Well after the big deal made by ESPN and the slo-mo replay and the backroom staff of Irish wanting a look at the footage it could be serious. He didnt have to drop his knee into him and the penalty would have gone to us as the linesman had his flag up already. Just a mindless action by Ben and being a good player and being on a low is no excuse, and before anyone accuses me of hating Ben, I actually think he is a vital player for us but his actions means that he is likely to miss the Saints game if cited and found guilty
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
Qbec
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Qbec »

Whilst I don't condone Ben's knee to the chest or his missed punches to try to get away, I am not too surprised that the media seem to have lost their inabilty to report such matters as quickly as they did in the Callum Clarke case.

I don't suppose it has anything at all to with the fact that this was a Tiger player giving out his form of retribution for being held onto so he could not instigate a further attack being the scrum half, also why was the other Irish player who grabbed Ben round the neck not spoken too or mentioned.

Of course not Ref's & touch judge's are a fine body of people.
Tigers The Home Of World Class Rugby

11th Premiership Rugby Champions 2022
Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Daveyboy »

It was unnecessary and will be reviewed, I have little doubt. Punishment or otherwise is not for anyone, other than the Powers That Be, to decide.

I hope he wasn't injured too badly later in the game.
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
Granby
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Granby »

Smurphswillgetya wrote:What a silly boy, could miss the rest of the season if he gets a long ban. In a week where we have deplored the actions of Clark for Ben to drop his knee into the chest of a player lying on the ground is indefensible.
Chalk and cheese.
MJ Chairman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MJ Chairman »

Agree that he shouldn't have dropped his knee but it does annoy that no sanction will be taken against Gibson who was deliberately holding him back to slow our ball down.

Also think that any ban will be irrelevant as his knee did not look great when he was helped off.
Just hope it isn't Harry all over again.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Cockers said post-match that Youngs took a scrape and it felt a bit sore! Bless. :smt005 Should be fine, but I do expect him to sit out a week or 2 for the knee.
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

Do not think there is much in it at all. Nothing malicious and as I have said else were if you hold a player off the ball you are asking for a bit of a smack.

He may get a short ban and if he does fairer enough but I think the more worrying thing is the fact he limped off the pitch. I hope its not a reoccurrence of his knee injury. :smt009