You can see why the BNP and EDL are gaining popularity

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

BJ.
Super User
Super User

You can see why the BNP and EDL are gaining popularity

Post by BJ. »

From today's Sunday Telegraph

I hate to say it but I believe there will eventually be a backlash from the British public. I'm not referring to the archetypal, shaven-headed thugs people associate with extreme right-wing organisations but the average, middle-of-the-road folk who are getting more and more cheesed off with the way we're expected to bend over backwards to accommodate every whim/tradition of ethnic minorities (sometimes at the expense of our own) and are bullied into keeping our mouths shut in fear of being branded a racist.

Even some of my most liberal, muesli-knitting, Guardian-reading friends are starting to lose their rags with the situation.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Re: You can see why the BNP and EDL are gaining popularity

Post by kingol22 »

Absolutely pathetic, how is commenting on someone's dress sense racist? The guy was completely correct, anyone could walk into an airport with their face covered it does not mean they are muslim.
Dave J
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Dave J »

I hate to say it but I believe there will eventually be a backlash from the British public. I'm not referring to the archetypal, shaven-headed thugs people associate with extreme right-wing organisations but the average, middle-of-the-road folk who are getting more and more cheesed off with the way we're expected to bend over backwards to accommodate every whim/tradition of ethnic minorities (sometimes at the expense of our own) and are bullied into keeping our mouths shut in fear of being branded a racist.

Even some of my most liberal, muesli-knitting, Guardian-reading friends are starting to lose their rags with the situation.
Completely agree with you BJ. A wise man once said that "Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it", some of the worst regimes in history are those who gained power by preying on the fears of ordinary people. Wouldn't give much for the PC brigades' chances under such a government.
A citizen of hope and glory
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

It is madness and once again demonstrates how people that are more "international" than us e.g. the French and the Dutch despise these interruptions to European culture and will have no truck with it. Whereas weak willed British kow tow to every stupid affectation and whimper "oh go ahead, we mustn't upset the Muslims".

The jokes is that the Burkah, or whatever name you give to that stupid tent, has no religious basis, is not mentioned AT ALL in the Koran, and has been proven to kill its wearers because it deprives them of natural daylight and the essential vitamins that daylight delivers.

It has about as much religious significance as a kid carrying a toy light sabre.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

Well, spot on BJ! I might be a leftist but I consider that people have to show their faces in airports, regardless of their faith. If your faith forces you to break the common law, then there is something wrong with it.

People that detained Sam the fireman should be sued and condemned to public excuses. :smt011
Nemo auditur propriam turpitudinem allegans
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

I've got to the stage where I regard political correctness in the same way I regard political extremism.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

It will only take you a few seconds of googling to reveal what happened to Lara Logan when she was reporting on the depature of President Mubarak in Egypt.

She is a South African news reporter and apparently a courageous one, but she is also a young-ish attractive blonde woman which of course means that people blame her for being attacked.

She was stripped naked by a mob, beaten with flag poles and abused in a ghastly manner.

If this atrocity had been carried out by British football thugs then, quite rightly, we'd be banned by FIFA, UEFA and every other organisation for decades, and CCTV footgae would be used to put every dispicable scumbag into prison. However, it was carried out by some over excited Muslims and the World is terrified to say or do anything about it.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

An interesting article,(somewhat lengthy) slightly off topic, but appropriate to the downward spiral in which our civil liberties are heading, mefinks.

http://www.french-news-online.com/blog/ ... z1p0gIByq3
I could agree with you...but then we'd both be wrong.