LCFC

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RWA
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

LCFC

Post by RWA »

Well done the Foxes on reaching the 1/4 finals.
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: LCFC

Post by CJ »

absolutely. roundyball not my game of choice but the boys done good. got further than lots of big names. and they could yet go further. hope so - all good for the city
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

.... and they'll probably have to play Chelski! :smt006
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
RWA
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by RWA »

I truly believe that Pearson will take City into the Premier League...maybe not this season but definitely next season. He's a class manager and once he's brought in some more of his players, we'll be off and running. In the meantime, we should be going to Chelsea or Birmingham and giving it a right go.
Nailsworthstiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nailsworthstiger »

RWA wrote:I truly believe that Pearson will take City into the Premier League...maybe not this season but definitely next season. He's a class manager and once he's brought in some more of his players, we'll be off and running. In the meantime, we should be going to Chelsea or Birmingham and giving it a right go.
Having once been a season ticket holder in my former life at Southampton FC... before I realised that football is an over hyped game for a bunch of cheating wotnots I hope Pearson does well for LCFC. He saved Saints from relegation and should of been given the job full time. However he wasn't and the rest is history as they say. And as I have a soft spot for LCFC I hope they get one over Brum tonight... as it keeps them further away from SFC!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

You want to try being a Forest fan. (Well maybe not.)

90 minutes up and it's Derby 0 Forest 0, then the ref sends off Tudgay and then after 94 minutes awards Derby a penalty from which they score the winner.

Stupid damned game.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Kinoulton wrote:You want to try being a Forest fan. (Well maybe not.)

90 minutes up and it's Derby 0 Forest 0, then the ref sends off Tudgay and then after 94 minutes awards Derby a penalty from which they score the winner.

Stupid damned game.
If you're referring to last night's match, Derby's goal was scored from a header by Jake Buxton in the 95th minute. There was 10 minutes of added time due to a long period of treatment to the Derby Captain Shaun Barker.

Read all about it!
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

You're correct! It actually resulted some way down the line from a free kick which our mob thought shouldn't have been awarded.

I'm afraid my ignorance is a reflection of how much I've lost interest in the proceedings.

Of course I will be "Forest till I die", and I will never join the Wendy ball mockers, because I understand the immense athleticism and skill of some of the supposed girly divers having watched them at very close quarters.

However, success is no longer earned by brainpower and camaraderie, as it was in Clough's Derby/Forest era. It is simply bought.
Nailsworthstiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nailsworthstiger »

Kinoulton wrote:You're correct! It actually resulted some way down the line from a free kick which our mob thought shouldn't have been awarded.

I'm afraid my ignorance is a reflection of how much I've lost interest in the proceedings.

Of course I will be "Forest till I die", and I will never join the Wendy ball mockers, because I understand the immense athleticism and skill of some of the supposed girly divers having watched them at very close quarters.

However, success is no longer earned by brainpower and camaraderie, as it was in Clough's Derby/Forest era. It is simply bought.
Here here... I too have lost interest in football and I'm looking forward to the day when the Premiership goes bankrupt and football can go back to the days of the 1970's and before. When football was played by men... ie like Francis Lee and Norman Hunter banging 9 bells out of each other and they still get up. Not like the handbags at dawn brigade of today.

I could get carried away on this soapbox but alas I mustn't.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

I agree with your view of the general demise of football and I certainly think that at international level it is being rapidly caught up by rugby.

However, I still object to some people (e.g. on this site) who tar all footballers with the same brush.

Only this weekend we saw some hilarious displays of play acting from football players who rolled around as though they'd been shot by a sniper when in fact they had been brushed by an elbow.

However, people like Pearce, Burns, Shilton, Banks, Beckham and co were absolutely stoic men who would knock seven bells out of an awful lot of rugby players and cannot be accused of being girly divers.