Fabio Capello resigns as England manager

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rinzler
Tiger Cub

Re: Fabio Capello resigns as England manager

Post by Rinzler »

I'm not entirely clear on the reasons for his resignation, and i'm sure many of these reasons are yet to become public knowledge; but you have to question his commitment to the team leaving 4 months before a major tournament. After all it was his team, one he picked, and one he built through the qualification campaign. I understand that he doesn't want the FA to interfere, but they still have to protect their public image and having the captain of the national team with such accusations surrounding him is hardly a good one.
Last edited by Rinzler on Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SimonP10

Post by SimonP10 »

Exactly .... no smoke without fire .. and Terry seems to create alot of toxic fumes ... who really knows the facts but I think the FA had to act because the manager Capello did not.

To me for such a high profile position as England captain, looked on by kids and other nations alike as a role model / figurehead ... then having a person like Terry (is often claimed to be) is the real joke.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Kinoulton wrote:

So the fact that Tindall, Wilkinson, Henson et al have been splashed across the front pages is OK, because they're rugby players. But football people shouldn't be there? :smt017
Wrong, I have never said that. The emphasis is on MAJOR story. Tindall's drunkenness is a news story and so is Capello's resignation. Neither is a story that should LEAD broadcast and print media outputs
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

SimonP10 wrote:Exactly .... no smoke without fire .. .
"No smoke without fire" is the sort of crass statement that has lead to the end of the careers of many innocent teachers and policemen.

There is lots and lots and lots of smoke without fire.

I was falsely accused of something once. I went to court. Three magistrates threw the case out instantly and rebuked the prosecution for wasting their time.

I'm not saying that Terry is innocent, but he might be for all we know. The FA have behaved like bumbling idiots and no self-respecting manager will want to work for them.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Kinoulton wrote:The FA have behaved like bumbling idiots and no self-respecting manager will want to work for them.
I would also like to see all of the current England squad refuse the position of captain and publicly say so.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

BJ. wrote:
Kinoulton wrote:The FA have behaved like bumbling idiots and no self-respecting manager will want to work for them.
I would also like to see all of the current England squad refuse the position of captain and publicly say so.
And the RFU??

:smt017
Still keeping the faith!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

As an aside, Capello's resignation has lead to the usual swell of "John Bull" opinion that the next manager must be English (having clearly forgotten about the "Wally with the Brolly", flaky Kevin Keegan and the misguided God botherer, Glen Hoddle.

However, to even the balance, our 4 richest clubs (i.e. the richest in Europe) are managed by three foreigners and a Scotsman.

Despire their immense spending power, only 2 of them made it into the last 16 of the Champions League and at the very most, only one will make it to the last 8.
maskedsquid
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by maskedsquid »

Old Hob wrote:
maskedsquid wrote:
Old Hob wrote:I do not understand why this is a major news story.
Really?!

If you can't see why this is a major news story, how have you developed an appreciation for any sport in this country?
I cannot answer you. Your argument from personal incredulity signifies that you have a difficulty not me.
It seemed a fair question. I made it clear I disagreed with you and then asked how you had become interested enough in sport to sign up to a forum to discuss it, without being able to appreciate the significance of it in a wider context within our society. Whether you agree or not with it being a MAJOR story, surely you can see why it was reported as such in the English press?
It's only cheating if you get caught.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Bill W (2) wrote:
BJ. wrote:
And the RFU??

:smt017
What the hell has the RFU got to do with this thread?
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

BJ. wrote: :smt017
What the hell has the RFU got to do with this thread?[/quote]

Have the RFU not also behaved like bumbling idiots?

Did not the England (Rugby) manager resign?

Would any self respecting manager work for the RFU?

I saw many parallels between the FA and the RFU.
Still keeping the faith!
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

This thread is about the resignation of Fabio Capello. If you want to continue your never-ending, personal vendetta with the RFU on this forum, please have the decency to keep it to the relevant thread(s).

This is not one of them.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

BJ. wrote:This thread is about the resignation of Fabio Capello. If you want to continue your never-ending, personal vendetta with the RFU on this forum, please have the decency to keep it to the relevant thread(s).

This is not one of them.
Bit tetchy today aren't we?

Cry "God for Harry, England and St. George!"
Still keeping the faith!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

I hope I don't become the meat in a Bill/BJ sandwich (and I'm sure they feel the same way), but I think there is a common thread that some of our sports are run by eejits and the FA is not unique in this respect.

I will put my neck on the block to say that Horse Racing and Golf are pretty well served by "them upstairs", but our athletics, tennis, rugby, football etc are run by numpties who no one else would employ.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Kinoulton wrote:I hope I don't become the meat in a Bill/BJ sandwich (and I'm sure they feel the same way), but I think there is a common thread that some of our sports are run by eejits and the FA is not unique in this respect.

You walk where angels fear to tread, Sir!!

My Brother in Law is into Horse Racing and he agrees with you. Golf does appear to be reasonably administered. Tennis, I think, has improved somewhat recently.

Football (the subject of this thread) is widely held to be corrupt and incompetent at most levels, as, of course, is cricket and athletics.
Still keeping the faith!