Clermont V Tigers - all threads merged here.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Re: Clermont V Tigers - all threads merged here.

Post by Old Hob »

Whatever the rights and wrongs of the refereeing do we not have ANYONE in the collective four MILLION pounds worth of players who can see what is happening and change things? "Hey look we are being rucked off the ball and they are not pinged so I want..." says Captain, pack leader, whoever. I agree the tactics are predictable but perhaps that is all our squad can cope with as they seem unable to make on-field decisions themselves! Doh!
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

Old Hob you are spot on your hob. Why oh why are we so stupide. I describe the Tigers as stupide to the CSV fans and they were horrified that I was being so rude about my onw team. I explained that when the ref blows a penalty Tigers just do the same again. They dont THINK how can we stop doing that again. I call that stupide and in this match there were 4 or 5 different areas of play when this happened.

So we are stupide and that is lack of leadership, lack of individual responsibility for finding out what the pens are about and lack of leadership from the coaching team who at half time can say very clearly, if you this then the ref will pen you. You can avpoid this by doing something else, or by never doing number 1. They can also say if you number 1 again you will get pen, you will get sent back some terriitory, you may get a yellow card for being stupide and you may get a cleaver between your legs when you leave the field having lost badly.

While I am on the field, why didnt the team come over and thanks us for coming 800 miles????? I didnt hurry to leave.

In fact I am still in France, way hay and wearing my CSV favours and scarf.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

I'm in complete agreement Old Hob and Isambard - lack of both leadership and effective decision making was very evident.

I too was disappointed that nobody - neither players nor officials bothered to acknowledge the travelling fans. Yes, they might have been tired and disappointed, but they weren't alone! (I thought this issue had all been resolved before).
Valhalla I am coming!
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

Fans who agree to spent 36 hours on a probably very nice Woods coach ought to have at least their backside given a free massage by the players. At least I am taking a week to do this trip, sleeping in the finest beds, drinking the finest orange jus and shopping for the finest real ales that the east of England can produce.
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

This isn't the first complaint about this. The last one was a few moths ago and the solution, as I remember, was a sympathetic phone call from Cockers himself. At that point I though the problem was resolved, obviously not.
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

jgriffin wrote:..... weekend near Whitby fossiling in the best place in the world for early Jurassic marine fossils. I accepted.
jg, you have stopped taking the tablets again haven't you? :smt006
Always a Tiger
mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by mike »

It will be :censored: cold in Whitby in February . Were managing to do the Exeter trip this time - our friends got some tickets from the Chiefs today .
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

jgriffin wrote:Believe it or not, I had the chance of an expenses paid weekend near Whitby fossiling in the best place in the world for early Jurassic marine fossils. I accepted. :smt017
Don't forget your tartan rug and flask of Bovril :smt043
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
bluehumber
Tiger Cub

Post by bluehumber »

There are a couple of posts on this thread that point out the lack of leadership and inability to make decisions on the pitch during games, this is not anything new as I thought it happened quite a bit last season. Time for some of our lads to stand up and be counted.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

bluehumber wrote:There are a couple of posts on this thread that point out the lack of leadership and inability to make decisions on the pitch during games, this is not anything new as I thought it happened quite a bit last season. Time for some of our lads to stand up and be counted.
I agree these people need to stand up all game and be counted...its the whole matchday squad!! :smt023
Please put on a good show as I have 20 newcomers watching saturday hoping to convert them to my great club! :smt038
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

bluehumber wrote:There are a couple of posts on this thread that point out the lack of leadership and inability to make decisions on the pitch during games, this is not anything new as I thought it happened quite a bit last season. Time for some of our lads to stand up and be counted.
I think you'll find it's 15, well unless it's a prop what does it. :smt002
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

it may be 6 and a half.

good luck to john g preferring his old fossils. An old fossil can still play a merry tune and lead a jolly dance. :smt007
falkie002

Post by falkie002 »

i think that manu should move to outside and bring billy in to help toby flood out a bit with the kickng jobs