> The French Top 14 humbles the Aviva Premiership

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Luke Eldridge

> The French Top 14 humbles the Aviva Premiership

Post by Luke Eldridge »

Read about Leicester's 12-30 loss to Clermont Auvergne on my blog dedicated to Leicester Tigers: http://crumbieterrace.blogspot.com/
Crumblies
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: > The French Top 14 humbles the Aviva Premiership

Post by Crumblies »

IMHO an excellent read and an accurate summary.

Well done Luke you are commended.
old one eye
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by old one eye »

nice piece,Luke. I fear the gap in spending will eventually reduce English sides
to also rans.
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

Well, Toulouse won over Harlequins, Clermont against the ferocious Toigers, but Biarritz, Montpellier and Racigne were beaten fair and square by supposed minoes (Forza Treviso! Avanti ragazzi!). I don't see a superiority of the Top 14 there but of the two best teams of the aforementioned Top 14.

Saturday is gonna be a real slaughterhouse, I'll watch that game with glee! Go ASM! C'mon Tigers! :smt026
Nemo auditur propriam turpitudinem allegans
pwinson

Post by pwinson »

Mr Eldridge

I have no complaints about the quality of your journalism and summary of the varios games on which you have commented. However, this seems to me like an attempt by you to embed this approach for your own benefit as a commercial site. We can all view these analyses in the general media, local or national, and I see no sense in your 'blogs' or whatever, hijacking a site which is set up for real fans and users to send their comments.

Dr P
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

As has been said before, the original post is not breaking any forum rules, nor is it spamming or repeatedly posting links which is frowned upon. Who's to say the OP is not a "fan" or indeed how one should define what a "fan" is?
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

On the nail's head, Rizzo, as always. :smt023
Nemo auditur propriam turpitudinem allegans
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

pwinson wrote:Mr Eldridge

I have no complaints about the quality of your journalism and summary of the varios games on which you have commented. However, this seems to me like an attempt by you to embed this approach for your own benefit as a commercial site. We can all view these analyses in the general media, local or national, and I see no sense in your 'blogs' or whatever, hijacking a site which is set up for real fans and users to send their comments.

Dr P
What is wrong with somebody posting a link to an article. This article is one of the few good ones i have read about this game so thanks Luke.
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

On the surface of it, it does seem like there is something personal here between Mr. Etheridge and Mr. Winson.

Why would someone, in only their 4th post on this forum complain about someone putting a link to a match analysis? Doesn't make sense.

And then to diss the reviewer as not a real fan? Patently untrue or why would the reviewer go to the trouble of writing the review?
Always a Tiger
Crumblies
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crumblies »

As posted previously IMHO it was an excellent read and an accurate summary.

He has clearly invested some time and effort into his report. Also his blog is entitled a view from the Crumbie Terrace and as a Crumbie Terracer, until it is demonstrated otherwise, I am more than happy for him to post his view in this way.

I say again well done Luke you are commended.
Luke Eldridge

Post by Luke Eldridge »

Thanks for the feedback, Crumblies, old one eye, kingol22 et al.

In response to pwinson,
An attempt by you to embed this approach for your own benefit as a commercial site.
From The Crumbie Terrace is a blog, rather than a commercial site. There's no advertising or revenue generation, it's just a personal creation.
We can all view these analyses in the general media, local or national.
I am passionate about writing and passionate about Leicester Tigers. Combining the two creates my favourite hobby and hopefully something of interest to fellow fans! What I hope to add is a fan-view analysis, focused completely on our team, from someone who watches every single game - home and away. I'm not constrained in the way local or national media are by editorial policy etc.
I see no sense in your 'blogs' or whatever, hijacking a site which is set up for real fans and users to send their comments.
Hopefully Rizzo has confirmed that it is within the spirit of the Forum to post links to my articles here. I do so because I hope Forum users will find them interesting. I've been a 'real fan' for 8 years. Each posting here has prompted discussion beneath it, which is exactly what I'm hoping for!

Thanks for your support and keep following From The Crumbie Terrace!
pwinson

Post by pwinson »

Luke Eldridge

I note your comments. Thank you for stating them

I think further discussion between the two of us on this site would not be appropriate, or add anything of value

With regards
Dr P
Crumblies
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crumblies »

pwinson wrote:Luke Eldridge

I note your comments. Thank you for stating them

I think further discussion between the two of us on this site would not be appropriate, or add anything of value

With regards
Dr P
Am I the only person to notice that you joined this forum in 2004 some 7 years ago. In that time your some total contribution to this forum is 5 posts, which presumably includes the two that you have made on this topic.

In addition to your apparent need to sign off all your posts as Dr P, (I'm not sure what right if any you have to use the signature, let alone the reason for doing so) I also note your response above which I perceive as taciturn to say the least. I strongly recommend if you have anything worthwhile to say you either say it, or take your own advice and withdraw once more into the background.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Just a reminder that critcism or insults towards other users is unacceptable. Every user is entitled to their own opinion and even if you do not agree with it, it should be respected.

Posts will be editted or deleted if this continues. Please could you stick to discussing the OPs subject rather than criticising each others posts or opinions.

Thanks
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

People often use links to other sites,I for one have used the BBC and ERC as links to articles I think are of interest,why should this be singled out?
Oh and by the way I've not read it yet,so I'm not swayed by the content.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.