Disciplinary hearings - Ashton cited. ALL THREADS MERGED.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Disciplinary hearings - Ashton cited. ALL THREADS MERGED.

Post by loretta »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... ilagi.html

Looks like justice could be done after all. Could be a difficult couple of weeks for saints, with Dowson potentially unavailable. Ashton will not be popular if he gets the ban.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Re: Ashton cited

Post by kingol22 »

Hopefully that will be it. You would think they would announce all citings at the same time so Murphy and Agulla may of got away with it.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

kingol22 wrote:Hopefully that will be it. You would think they would announce all citings at the same time so Murphy and Agulla may of got away with it.
The article certainly reads that way. I would expect Alex to get no further punishment, Wood to serve a week or 2 for joining in, and Ashton to get a couple of weeks. Saints could be seriously depleted for their HC games, without Ashton and any 1st choice back-rowers (through bans and Wilson's injury). Castres will be licking their lips!
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

kingol22 wrote:Hopefully that will be it. You would think they would announce all citings at the same time so Murphy and Agulla may of got away with it.
From what I read no-one has yet been cited.
I could agree with you...but then we'd both be wrong.
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

Phil B wrote:
From what I read no-one has yet been cited.
The whole article is about Ashton being cited :smt017
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

I find it incredible that supporters on other forums are saying Alex brought what happened on himself for having long hair.

I hope Alex's red card gets rescinded and that Ashton finally gets his just desserts. He was the culprit in last years match when Manu got sent off. Manu should never have reacted last season as he did and got the ban he deserved. But how much niggle was Ashton causing in that match that seemed to go unnoticed thats why he got the reaction from Manu. He caused the reaction this time from Alex because he shouldn't have pulled Alex by his hair that is the act of a coward and he must be disciplined for it.I think Northampton seem to forget that they have thugs in their squad namely Hartley so why is it when they go into a game with the sole intention of winding up and provoking the opposition they start crying like babies when it all goes wrong for them.

And for other supporters to say Alex deserved a card cos he threw punches just shows how much they hate Tigers because if they watched the incident over and over just like all tigers fans have they will see that Alex didn't do anything other than push Ashton.

This time I really hope its Ashton who is cited.
rdracup
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rdracup »

Sky reporting citing too. Implies that is it for citings. Alex should get deemed sufficient and be available for Sunday. Not worried for outcome for saints though .... that's their problem.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Not worried for outcome for saints though .... that's their problem.

Its not just the citing and possible ban its Mr cheap shot himself!
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Aston's actions were despicable and he deserves all he gets. A cowardly act (not unlike the knees in the back incident) started the trouble and Barns and his side kicks had to be blind not to see the original offence. I would give him 4 weeks minimum. :smt013 :smt013 :smt013
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

I would give him 4 weeks minimum.

Na not enough, should be a life time ban :smt002
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

When are we going to get some consistency in the disciplinary preceedure??

Dowson gets cited and the hearing is over a week later, Ashton gets cited and is called before the beak 3 days later which is also the date for both AT and Woods.

My point is that in one case Dowson, who was cited last Monday, can play one week later as the hearing hadnt taken place and the other 3 may not be able to play next weekend.

All citings/red cards meeting should be in the same week as they are issued.
Hehehehehehehehe
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

trendylfj wrote:When are we going to get some consistency in the disciplinary preceedure??

Dowson gets cited and the hearing is over a week later, Ashton gets cited and is called before the beak 3 days later which is also the date for both AT and Woods.

My point is that in one case Dowson, who was cited last Monday, can play one week later as the hearing hadnt taken place and the other 3 may not be able to play next weekend.

All citings/red cards meeting should be in the same week as they are issued.
It certainly would be better if things were consistant but you also have to ask why the club didn't hold court first and do the necessary. Leicester have a good track record in this respect. :smt038
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
seldomrong

Post by seldomrong »

Trashton had better get ready for plenty of stick next time he comes to WR - can't wait :smt026
Tigers are in my blood
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Why does Ashton insist on winding up the Tuilagis? If I had to face them on a rugby pitch they'd be the last family I'd want to annoy!

Surely they'll be targeting him in the return match later in the season.

Can't wait :smt003