Leicester v Ulster

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Re: Leicester v Ulster

Post by Kinoulton »

johnthegriff wrote:I do not understand some of the comments made, Since we got most of the boys back from the World Cup we have won 4 and drawn .
I couldn't have put it better myself.

Well said.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Baggy Trousers

Post by Baggy Trousers »

INTERUPTION FROM ULSTER

Guys I'm not here to debate anything simply to say what a good day out we had. I stood with a family who had a great young lad who is third generation Tiger standing where his dad stood when his dad was the same age . Knew their rugby and were excellent company. right beside the players entrance to the terrace.

Like many here I thought the game was a good scrap with defences both excellent.

The after match gig under the Cat stand was good craic and we left Welford Road disappointed but unbowed with a shed-load of Guinness on board & a healthy respect for the "enemy fans".

Cheers guys & girls. :smt039
Baggy
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

I have to say that I thought Ulster were good for a LBP at least. For the vast majority of the match, the result was in the balance. Don't get me wrong, I am delighted they left with nothing but if I was an Ulster fan, I would feel that they deserved something in what was a very close game.

I hope they will be more generous when we visit Ravenhill in January.
Always a Tiger
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

Baggy Trousers wrote:INTERUPTION FROM ULSTER

Guys I'm not here to debate anything simply to say what a good day out we had. I stood with a family who had a great young lad who is third generation Tiger standing where his dad stood when his dad was the same age . Knew their rugby and were excellent company. right beside the players entrance to the terrace.

Like many here I thought the game was a good scrap with defences both excellent.

The after match gig under the Cat stand was good craic and we left Welford Road disappointed but unbowed with a shed-load of Guinness on board & a healthy respect for the "enemy fans".

Baggy
I LOVE this game ! I love these fans ! :smt038
Crumblies
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crumblies »

Baggy Trousers wrote:INTERUPTION FROM ULSTER

Baggy
Thanks for the thanks Baggy & glad you enjoyed your visit to Welford Road.

All the Ulster supporters I met on Saturday were a credit to their club, vociferous in their support, good value for banter but gracious in defeat – like all good Rugby followers many hands were shaken and best wishes exchanged after the game.

Saturday showed we will have to make a titanic effort when we visit Ravenhill in January. Not the Rugby, the vast quantities of alcohol consumed. even with extra training over Xmas & New Year, I feel a serious hangover coming on.
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

Thought the Ulster fans were fantastic on Saturday - added an atmosphere which we don't normally create on our own.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

[quote="biffer"]Thought the Ulster fans were fantastic on Saturday - added an atmosphere which we don't normally create on our own.[/quote]

Apart from the one running up and down the terrace exposing himself after the game
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

Chobbsy wrote:
biffer wrote:Thought the Ulster fans were fantastic on Saturday - added an atmosphere which we don't normally create on our own.
Apart from the one running up and down the terrace exposing himself after the game
There's always one. Didn't see that thankfully but he should have been huckled police-wards
Baggy Trousers

Post by Baggy Trousers »

No need to engage the constabulary Biffer, we could just have put him out of his misery with a sound kicking, I hate idiots who come even part way to getting us a bad name. :smt011 :smt013 He wasn't wearing face paint by any chance?

There are a few arch attention-seekers below whom I rank only bankers as worthy of more distain. Other than those we are generally a decent enough crowd. :smt023
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

Baggy Trousers wrote:There are a few arch attention-seekers below whom I rank only bankers as worthy of more distain. Other than those we are generally a decent enough crowd. :smt023
Ulster fans we met were a great crowd, and they turned out in numbers too! No offence intended but I was delighted they left with nothing though and lets hope Clermont also leave with nothing.
Always a Tiger
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Baggy Trousers wrote:No need to engage the constabulary Biffer, we could just have put him out of his misery with a sound kicking, I hate idiots who come even part way to getting us a bad name. :smt011 :smt013 He wasn't wearing face paint by any chance?

There are a few arch attention-seekers below whom I rank only bankers as worthy of more distain. Other than those we are generally a decent enough crowd. :smt023
There were some who had clearly been imbibing since well before kick off and some who caused offence to my neighbours by swearing copiously in the tunnel under the Crumbie and who refused to tone it down when asked. People around me were generally fine and spiritedly noisy.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Wood Pecker

Post by Wood Pecker »

Looking forward to possibly meeting Ulster fan met in NZ when we make the trip to Ravenhill in January (loves the occasionaly drink of Gordon's!!!) :smt030 :smt030

Well done to the vocal Ulster fans at the game on Saturday, lovely to hear you cheering your team on, hope you had safe journey home and that we Tigers can at least match your vocal skills in January. :smt034 :smt034
Wood Pecker Tigers
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Baggy Trousers wrote:No need to engage the constabulary Biffer, we could just have put him out of his misery with a sound kicking, I hate idiots who come even part way to getting us a bad name. :smt011 :smt013 He wasn't wearing face paint by any chance?

A sound kicking? I don't like to see people exposing themselves either, but I don't think violence will give fans a better name...

Is there a problem with wearing face paint?
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

I loved the noise from the ulster fans - we rarely get a challenge like that and we bucked up a bit.

Often we have a real problem getting the chants to echo out from our little bit on the terrace and get taken up by the whole crowd but we got it going a few times on saturday. Welford Road is notoriously quiet in certain sections far too often.

I love it when you start something going, it spreads out in a wave on all sides and round the ground and then you hear it coming back at you from the cat stand.

I also particularly liked our rendition Of "stand up and scrum like men" (an occasional outburst of ours anyway) in response to Ulsters , "Stand up for the Ulstermen" and immediatly after we stuffed them in the first scrum - great stuff!