Leicester v London Irish

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Leicester v London Irish

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Salvi down, head injury from putting a hit in.

Tigers seem to have switched off completely here, dominating just about everything, but second best when we're attacking. L Irish looking dangerous but should be buried by now with all the stats in our favour, but then stats are not the whole picture.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Penalty to L Irish at scrum time. Kick to corner. Lineout 5m off our goal line. Parling steals, ayerza goes upfield, sets, back to Staunton, kick charged down, L Irish try.......sorry but this is awful from Tigers this last 10-15 minutes.
DaveRave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveRave »

What a criminal throwaway.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Homer converts and levels the scores 24-24
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

DaveRave wrote:What a criminal throwaway.
Spot on, but one last throw of the dice coming up
DaveRave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveRave »

We'll probably knock the dice on!
dontlookdown

Post by dontlookdown »

Such a poor performance for the last 15 mins, but if Irish had not conceded so many penalties in the first 50 minutes then we would have scored more in that period. The fact that they can concede so many penalties, be warned so many times and not have another yellow is not acceptable at this level
7 years so far..
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

No idea how we have thrown that... Unbelievable. Feels like a loss. :smt011

Need to be far, far more accurate than that. That hurt.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

DaveRave wrote:We'll probably knock the dice on!
Hmmmm true. Awful truly awful from Tigers in that last 20 minutes. As said earlier, criminally thrown away. Words that won't appear on here are being thrown around.

Floody missed DG attempt, not the best pass back to him though.

Barnes STILL going on that Croft knocked ball on for our second try, and he's still wrong.

Lack of penetration to turn possession into points, I am now not at all optimistic let alone confident about the HEC matches coming up.

Credit to L Irish, they can only play what's there (or not in this case).
JCJD

Post by JCJD »

Stuart Barnes is intensely annoying. I really enjoy our games on ESPN.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

dontlookdown wrote:Such a poor performance for the last 15 mins, but if Irish had not conceded so many penalties in the first 50 minutes then we would have scored more in that period.
I agree that they got away with murder, but would we really have scored many more? really? you think so? We can't just blame their penalties or the referees benevolence for our lack of imagination or penetration, contributing factors maybe. The only way I'd agree 100% is if Manu had been in the centres......but he wasn't.

Forget the fireworks on the pitch, the biggest rocket should be for those players on for the last 15-20. I do realise we didn't lose, but it damned well feels like we did, we certainly lost 2 points if not the match.

The worst thing about all this?..........SKY's vultures are salivating about it, that grates, really does.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

JCJD wrote:Stuart Barnes is intensely annoying. I really enjoy our games on ESPN.
Greenwood is not far behind these days IMO. Impartial? :smt005
dontlookdown

Post by dontlookdown »

WhitecapTiger wrote: I agree that they got away with murder, but would we really have scored many more? really? you think so?
You cant say so definitively but how many times were they penalised in dangerous areas? And if this led to another yellow card, the average points conceded in a sin bin period is 7. So I would say the liklihood - especially given the pressure they were under - is yes we would
7 years so far..
Andy W

Post by Andy W »

....it is also worth pointing out that Flood missed a relatively simple conversion which wd have made all this academic. It didnt seem to be much of a big deal at the time but it has come back to bite us. He really should have nailed it...
PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by PM76 »

A really disappointing performace for the last 20-25 mins. The game should have been killed off earlier though. Only Waldrom, Tuilagi and T. Youngs (when he was on) could cross the gainline and we lacked go forward, penetration and creativity and I can't see us scoring tries from anywhere other than mauls and scrums which is worrying. Toby missed the DG and a simple penalty which he really should have taken but it should not have been that close, the game should have been finished before half time, the players completely switched off. There is a lot to work on if we are to get 10 points from the next couple of games but on this form we will do well to get 8. Looking at the next 5 prem fixtures; gloucs (a), Saints (h), Worcs (a), Sale (h) and Wasps (h) are must wins if we are to make the play-offs.

Lots of work to do but it can't get much worse !! I appreciate that it was not a loss but it certainly feels like one.