Alain Rolland - Warburton decision

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kingneptuneii
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Alain Rolland - Warburton decision

Post by kingneptuneii »

LS. I'm going to have to report you to the RSPCA. THE HORSE IS DEAD! STOP FLOGGING!
Never mind the ball, get on with the game!!
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Do anyone think he might shut up if we put a sheet over his cage?

LeicScarlet, have you any idea how tedious this is getting now? It is blatantly obvious you think Warburton was treated harshly by Rolland: fine - you're entitled to your opinion. There are others on here who think Rolland was correct in his decision: fine - they are entitled to their opinions as well. When are you going to accept the fact that the matter is over and no amount of continual bleating about it or dredging up past examples of refereeing inconsistencies is going to make one iota of difference? The matter has been discussed to the nth degree and there's no point in pursuing it any further. Initially, you may have gained some sympathy but now you're just sounding like an old cracked record.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Mr_Ben
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Mr_Ben »

LeicScarlet wrote:Interesting opinions for the Florian Fritz red card (HC last season) on the forum?

Because this is what the IRB thought of the Red Card issued to Florian Fritz by Alain Rolland:-
http://www.irb.com/mm/document/tourname ... rance).pdf
Even the IRB ..... "then"...... said it was a yellow card and Alain Rolland had got it wrong.
IMO this is a clear case of shooting yourself in both feet!

That link is to the transcript of a citing hearing from the France Tonga RWC pool game.

The decision of the hearing was that the referee (which was NOT Alain Rolland) should have issued a Red card not a yellow and accordingly banned the offending player for 3 weeks i.e. the same as Warburton received.

Looks like consistent application of the rules albeit retrospectively in this case to me.

As others have pointed out, this particular horse is more dead than Monty Python's parrott!!!
LeicScarlet

Post by LeicScarlet »

Apologies for the wrong tackle description..... and pdf context.

Fijian tackle IRB judgement v France RWC2011. (not against Rolland)

This is what they said about the HC Red Card..... (to correct my previous)
That having upheld the Referee’s decision to award a red card for the offence contrary to law 10.4.(j) the Player would be suspended for three weeks which would take effect from the date he was sent off on 23 January 2011 up until midnight on 13 February 2011
A Stradey Scarlet in exile
"Ymlaen Llanelli" - The heart & soul of Welsh Rugby.
>>RWC2011 = Bryce Lawrence (Gone: Saffers v All Blacks) & Alain Rolland (Gone: Wales v All Blacks)<<
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

BJ. wrote:LeicScarlet, have you any idea how tedious this is getting now?

Obviously not...... :smt009
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Went up to the "One Eyed Turk" today to see if the Dragon in the pipes had improved. Delicious. One small problem. I couldn't get a decent chip to have with my wild bore suasages. They were all on the shoulders of the punters!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
TigerAlex
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerAlex »

LeicScarlet wrote:Apologies for the wrong tackle description..... and pdf context.

Fijian tackle IRB judgement v France RWC2011. (not against Rolland)

This is what they said about the HC Red Card..... (to correct my previous)
That having upheld the Referee’s decision to award a red card for the offence contrary to law 10.4.(j) the Player would be suspended for three weeks which would take effect from the date he was sent off on 23 January 2011 up until midnight on 13 February 2011
And your point is? Same length of suspension, red card upheld therefore correct decision. I don't quite know what you're trying to prove with this...
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Anyway..back in the "one eyed turk" ............we do a lot of work with engineering students on noises and controls. Controls are things you are in control of, noises are the outside influences that conspire to ruin your day. This applies to any process you like.

I travel down the motorway in excess of the speed limit. I'm in control of my speed. If I get stopped by the police I may or may not get fined. The tolerance of the copper, his state of mind is the noise in the experiment. My punishment depends on how he reacts.

So Warburton makes a mess of a tackle, the ref sends him off. The event that should have been in control was the tackle, the resulting red card is in the noise...it's the risk you take. Put Mr Clerk on his ass and ruck over him and all will be well. Pick him up and drop him and you're at the mercy of the ref.

If you don't want to do the time, don't do the crime. And if you do get pinged take it like a man!
Tigers27
Tiger Cub

Post by Tigers27 »

Tigers won last night, Wales come 4th in the Wrold Cup, lets move on now!!
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

...............Strange things happen when your having a kip!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

We must allow refs to run games, in my opinion, and not call for the poisoned apple called "consistency".

"Consistency" has totally cocked up football to the extent where refs are obliged to send off players for revealing their T shirts, but let off players who have committed physical assaults on the basis that they "touched the ball".

Let refs ref, and put up with the consequences.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!